What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Same here justa. We have to hit rock bottom in order to start the climb back up. Might need packing quite a lot of energising foods for the long haul up that ladder.
Well, if we have hit rock bottom or nearly, the only way is up. Reading this blog is like a funeral wake. It is said that the woes in the last decade or so are due to indifferent or poor coaching and inadequate recruiting. I say give Flanno a chance to get something extra out of what is available and see if it is squad weakness or historic poor to bad coaching is a fact. Penrith are the blueprint in promoting junior talent, mostly from local sources.

56to66

Juniors
In July 2010 Ricky Stuart resigned and Shane Flanagan became head coach, they came 14th, in 2011 they finished 13th, the Sharks came 7th in 2012, then after that the Sharks have been playing finals footy.
I don't expect St George playing finals footy in 2024, however under Flanno, I expect our junior pathways are strengthened, moral and spirit is bolstered in the team, driving players to succeed on and off the field, to attract other elite players wanting to come to St George again.
Screw the spoon!
In Flanno and our Juniors we trust!

denis preston

First Grade
When you really think about it, how absolutely incredible is it that Ben Haran still has a job at this club? Let alone the GM of football. Astounding, nonsensical, ridiculous, outrageous, amateurish, weak, disgusting, unfathomable are just some of the many words I can think of to describe it.
The absolute exclamation mark of how our club is run. People above him obviously think he is doing a great job !

Dea

Juniors
Agree NanaD. And 56to66, I believe you have highlighted our current position. We have had a steady decline to the bottom of the barrel, just missing out on the spoon. So nothing good to talk about. Flanno is our better coach who has identified our deficiencies, which we still talk about. And while he has a plan, and we know what he did with the Sharks, it is still to be done. Meanwhile, we all know to make it happen we need a few higher quality players, and not only can’t we land them, we have publicly been embarrassed by their rejection. Next we completely stuff up the Volkman signing and now are “celebrating” the signing of a NSW Cup star.

This only ends when the players get on the field and IF they can play an improved game and get results on the field. While only a few weeks away, it is a long wait!

You're right KD it is a bit like a funeral wake on here because all we can talk about is the past.
I hope once the season starts we'll have plenty of positives to chat about.
I must say though it is really disappointing that we can't get a marquee player or two to come to us.
In July 2010 Ricky Stuart resigned and Shane Flanagan became head coach, they came 14th, in 2011 they finished 13th, the Sharks came 7th in 2012, then after that the Sharks have been playing finals footy.
I don't expect St George playing finals footy in 2024, however under Flanno, I expect our junior pathways are strengthened, moral and spirit is bolstered in the team, driving players to succeed on and off the field, to attract other elite players wanting to come to St George again.
Screw the spoon!

thebigredv

First Grade
Hope they check for chocolate first this time before announcing it.

justadragon

Bench
Wow they are living in LA LA LAND, thinking that the Bears are going to be back in the NRL !!!

Dragon David

First Grade
Screw the spoon!
The Roar has predicted that the Tigers will get the spoon in 2024 -

justadragon

Bench

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The Roar has predicted that the Tigers will get the spoon in 2024 -
Just so people are aware, the author of that article is still in High School. He started writing articles for the Roar as a 13 year old. He's not a professional journalist, but good on him for having a go. Who knows, he may end up being right.

56to66

Juniors
As long as no keyboard Morons decide to throw Flanno under the bus, patients, it will be a race between the Dogs and the Tigers for the spoon, I would think the Raiders coach is running out of ideas, the Eels to make another GF!