What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Finau Latu looks the best of the bunch to me at this stage

Meafou and Latu so far are standouts !!!!

you know when we saw Rylz, Bailey, Coops and Young, Gas, Morris boys etc in the juniors it looked obvious they would be strong 10 year like FG players...............for me Latu and Meafou look the same. you could also argue Pasifiki-Tonga the same. I just hope with us.

Im guessing 2026 Top30 if they maintain the same trajectory of impact and intensity which is a serious juggle and probably explains our recruitment of RFM, Sele, Luc etc to step change the junior talent but give us a 2024, 2025, 2026 chance of top4-8

If we cant offer 2026 Top30 we may struggle to keep them.

Ackers hits like a truck but his work rate isnt there yet.

Halangahu is a gem also but I worry there are a few like him out there in the SG Ball etc and he appears to be a player that may need to evolve into a prop / middle. He reminds a bit of MMolo rather then an edge backrower as he is now.

Development players only 4 mentioned in the media so far as signed on for 2025;

1.Latu

2.Tsougranis

3.Ackers

4. Halangahu

5.Pasifiki-Tonga?

6.Jett Liu?

7.Meafou?

8.Cyrus Stanley Traill?

9.Kyan Hjaltason?

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Panthers going after Stefano Utoikamanu to replace JFH. Apparently Stefano has some fancy release clause that can be activated if the Tigers don't make the finals.

This also puts a spanner in the works with our potential recruitment of Turuva. Going by our past history, I'm going to put the red felt pen through this one.

I'm not opposed to going all in to get Josh Schuster, and get him working with Andrew Gray & Dan Lawson as soon as possible. I'd be surprised if Flanno doesn't have his eye on this situation, given his work with Manly last year.
Re Schuster i think you will find we have filled our top30 roster now(stand to be corrected), unless we release someone...

TheRev

First Grade
o If we need a spot (Some AFB equivalent comes on the market), we can easily afford to pay players out (Russell, MaxF, MattF), and we have Dev Spots I think that are all being moved on (Shereb, Coric, Muhlheissen) and there is AlexT.. all of which are likely to be moved on end of year.. but I think most of the 2025 spots are spoken for.. we have a tonne of kids promised spots.

o The Couchmans are some of the best 19yr olds I had seen in some time.. ppl around the club say their fitness and work ethic is immense.. and even they need/needed >2yrs to be able to hold a 1st grade bench spot.. if indeed they actually make it.. they have a head start over the SG boys and Stewart/Webter/Liu.. I like the idea of any forward that is skillful enough to play lock also.. just feel like hes a better bet to invest in.. cause we have to make tough choices.

o Halangahu is the only one im confused about, he is top 30 next year and I dunno if he deserves it over a NickT for example (believe NickT/Latu have Dev spots next year though).. I think we must have had to beat out a competitor to sign Halangahu...

o Meafou, Williams, Reed and BRumble are the 4 I'd love to see locked up yet.. but there is a limit to how many we can do that with NRL contracts though... King Togia im still on the fence about.. I love watching him but I cant be sure he is 'the one'... we cant have all of them on dev contracts, but we can perhaps have them ear marked for 2026 or 2027 dev spots perhaps...

Parko1310

Juniors
o If we need a spot (Some AFB equivalent comes on the market), we can easily afford to pay players out (Russell, MaxF, MattF), and we have Dev Spots I think that are all being moved on (Shereb, Coric, Muhlheissen) and there is AlexT.. all of which are likely to be moved on end of year.. but I think most of the 2025 spots are spoken for.. we have a tonne of kids promised spots.

o The Couchmans are some of the best 19yr olds I had seen in some time.. ppl around the club say their fitness and work ethic is immense.. and even they need/needed >2yrs to be able to hold a 1st grade bench spot.. if indeed they actually make it.. they have a head start over the SG boys and Stewart/Webter/Liu.. I like the idea of any forward that is skillful enough to play lock also.. just feel like hes a better bet to invest in.. cause we have to make tough choices.

o Halangahu is the only one im confused about, he is top 30 next year and I dunno if he deserves it over a NickT for example (believe NickT/Latu have Dev spots next year though).. I think we must have had to beat out a competitor to sign Halangahu...

o Meafou, Williams, Reed and BRumble are the 4 I'd love to see locked up yet.. but there is a limit to how many we can do that with NRL contracts though... King Togia im still on the fence about.. I love watching him but I cant be sure he is 'the one'... we cant have all of them on dev contracts, but we can perhaps have them ear marked for 2026 or 2027 dev spots perhaps...
Meafou's been re-signed for 2025 I saw. Not sure of any further detail of the deal, but I think at this stage it was just for next year

TheRev

First Grade
Meafou's been re-signed for 2025 I saw. Not sure of any further detail of the deal, but I think at this stage it was just for next year
I know we have these guys on some form of contract, but I think unless its got 'NRL Dev' written into it somewhere (and perhaps his does for 2026 etc) I think they are subject to being poached pretty easily..

I would have thought this kid would definitely have a plan with flanno in place.. its just not public yet doh..

Meafou and Latu so far are standouts !!!!

you know when we saw Rylz, Bailey, Coops and Young, Gas, Morris boys etc in the juniors it looked obvious they would be strong 10 year like FG players...............for me Latu and Meafou look the same. you could also argue Pasifiki-Tonga the same. ...
I don't think Ryles even made a junior rep team. He came on the radar quite late.

As for the others, I didn't know all those guys you mentioned would be first graders when I first saw them. The fact is only some of the best 18-year-olds make it. And it's not always the ones you expect. As I said, Ryles didn't even make SG Ball.

I know we have these guys on some form of contract, but I think unless its got 'NRL Dev' written into it somewhere (and perhaps his does for 2026 etc) I think they are subject to being poached pretty easily..

I would have thought this kid would definitely have a plan with flanno in place.. its just not public yet doh..
Often they will be on contracts where the dev year is in the future. For example, the 2026 dev spots are probably mostly allocated already.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I don't think Ryles even made a junior rep team. He came on the radar quite late.

As for the others, I didn't know all those guys you mentioned would be first graders when I first saw them. The fact is only some of the best 18-year-olds make it. And it's not always the ones you expect. As I said, Ryles didn't even make SG Ball.
Totally agree Rylz…….he had what 3 knee surgeries by 18yrs and was in and out

personally I thought the rest were weapons in the juniors and I forgot to mention White and Sims etc who looked dynamite early on in the lower grades

I loved watching them play and they were head and shoulders above so many

I remember a mate I and turning to each other and thinking a dynasty was unfolding

denis preston

First Grade

The Morris boys had hands like feet.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
This Im hornby character is just a troll, i have whoever it is on ignore now but its obviously Mary mcgregor 🤣 thats my verdict.

Latest posts