What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.5 v SeaEagles

mxlegend99

Referee
We’ve also been the most penalised team so far this year. 39 penalties after 5 rounds.

Second most penalised team is Bulldogs with 32 penalties.

20 penalties against us the past 2 weeks. some of them are ridiculous. When has a player ever been penalised for being knocked out and being unable to get to his feet? Refs will usually stop play for an unconscious player. But we get penalised for it.

The public love it so i expect it to continue. No kne cares if the 3 time premiers get dudded.

MrBlack

Juniors
We’ve also been the most penalised team so far this year. 39 penalties after 5 rounds.

Second most penalised team is Bulldogs with 32 penalties.

20 penalties against us the past 2 weeks. some of them are ridiculous. When has a player ever been penalised for being knocked out and being unable to get to his feet? Refs will usually stop play for an unconscious player. But we get penalised for it.

The public love it so i expect it to continue. No kne cares if the 3 time premiers get dudded.
Us failing to win this years comp is the final piece in the PVL puzzle.

Cant sell a game when the same team wins it every year.

(what major sport in the world actually punishes a team for sucess.....)

To him its not a sport. Its entertainment that he is selling.

The NRL is only one more rule change away from WWF.

Us failing to win this years comp is the final piece in the PVL puzzle.

Cant sell a game when the same team wins it every year.

(what major sport in the world actually punishes a team for sucess.....)

To him its not a sport. Its entertainment that he is selling.

The NRL is only one more rule change away from WWF.
PVL's favourite pastimes is rubbing shoulders with multi millionaires and the likes. Maybe Penrith community doesn't have the required quota on the rich list. I would like him to leave the rules alone.
NRL would love to have the "foundation" clubs in the GF every year.

ps. Annersley has declared insufficient bunker vision to over rule the knock on.

mxlegend99

Referee
PVL's favourite pastimes is rubbing shoulders with multi millionaires and the likes. Maybe Penrith community doesn't have the required quota on the rich list. I would like him to leave the rules alone.
NRL would love to have the "foundation" clubs in the GF every year.

ps. Annersley has declared insufficient bunker vision to over rule the knock on.
He is happy to come out and say they got it wrong in our favour. Even when they got it right. Because the public want to hear that.

But a blatant knock on they say insufficient evidence and defend the f**kwits that got it wrong.

Nrl360 attacked Buzz for saying its a knock on. He gave up arguing with them. But guaranteed had we gotten a try that wrong in our favour the media would be singing a different tune, as would the NRL. Which is why we can expect to get smashed by penalties and dud calls.

I dont recall anyone blowing up about Todd Smith penalising an unconscious player. Dont think Annesely commented either. Thats the worst decision a referee has made all season.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
He is happy to come out and say they got it wrong in our favour. Even when they got it right. Because the public want to hear that.

But a blatant knock on they say insufficient evidence and defend the f**kwits that got it wrong.

Nrl360 attacked Buzz for saying its a knock on. He gave up arguing with them. But guaranteed had we gotten a try that wrong in our favour the media would be singing a different tune, as would the NRL. Which is why we can expect to get smashed by penalties and dud calls.

I dont recall anyone blowing up about Todd Smith penalising an unconscious player. Dont think Annesely commented either. Thats the worst decision a referee has made all season.
I don't normally watch 360 but the other 3 were just f**king with Buzz

snickers007

Juniors
Interesting the ref does not have a game this weekend shows how bad he was

Belinda Sharpe also "dropped".

Who knows how much of it is performance based vs rotation as there isn't a world where Kasey Badger is better than Belinda Sharpe at anything.

age.s

First Grade
The bunkers f**kup was a peripheral issue anyway. They sometimes do weird shit based on camera angles, not overturning ref decisions etc. That was the worst live refereeing call I've ever seen, so the culpability should begin there.

As long as Todd Smith never referees again I'm ok with the NRLs response. So far so good but a long way to go.

The bunkers f**kup was a peripheral issue anyway. They sometimes do weird shit based on camera angles, not overturning ref decisions etc. That was the worst live refereeing call I've ever seen, so the culpability should begin there.

As long as Todd Smith never referees again I'm ok with the NRLs response. So far so good but a long way to go.
Todd Smith has a history of getting the home team a win.
If you back the home side with him the referee, you will win 9 out of 10.

snickers007

Juniors
Todd Smith has a history of getting the home team a win.
If you back the home side with him the referee, you will win 9 out of 10.

In his 49 matches, the home team has won 31 times. That's 63%.
For context, over the past 10 years the home team wins 57% of the time.

So slightly above average, but nothing egregious IMO.

Don't get me wrong, it was an attrocious miss. And he deserves to be dropped for it.
But he wasn't the reason we lost.

GongPanther

Referee
"Every knock on for the rest of the 2024 NRL season, will not come under any scrutiny, because Penrith." G Annesely.

Pomoz

Bench
Give the bloke a break. How would you like to front the public every time a mistake was made at work. It is ludicrous and should be stopped. It's just click bait for Fox Sports.

Blaming refs is just finding excuses to explain our inadequacies. We were owned. Manly were our Daddies. JFH and Moses were Manly's bitches. It happens. We were stupid/arrogant to think we could win with an underdone JFH, Martin with one arm and the squad overall, looking tired. We should have backed our "next man up" beliefs and rested Martin and JFH.

May is looking fatigued, which is understandable after a year without playing. He is still building his fitness. Martins shoulder is clearly stuffed and Schneider is still learning our systems. We can improve, but need some rest and luck with injuries.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Give the bloke a break. How would you like to front the public every time a mistake was made at work. It is ludicrous and should be stopped. It's just click bait for Fox Sports.

Blaming refs is just finding excuses to explain our inadequacies. We were owned. Manly were our Daddies. JFH and Moses were Manly's bitches. It happens. We were stupid/arrogant to think we could win with an underdone JFH, Martin with one arm and the squad overall, looking tired. We should have backed our "next man up" beliefs and rested Martin and JFH.

May is looking fatigued, which is understandable after a year without playing. He is still building his fitness. Martins shoulder is clearly stuffed and Schneider is still learning our systems. We can improve, but need some rest and luck with injuries.
Correct Ivan lost this game. Picking unfit players and a terrible bench

murraymob

Coach

He could try making changing instead of the same people in the bunker making the same mistakes
First rule that needs changing ref either says try or bunker .Bunker then can rule if we see it hit the ground then a try if not no try instead of we can’t see so refs decision stands

Kilkenny

Coach

I think it was a call that should have gone up as no try given similar incidents are always called a knock on.

As I said previously the Sea Eagles fully deserved there win regardless of the big call against us and overall penalty count.

Latest posts