What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 - Rabbitohs vs Eels: Friday 19th May 8pm @Allianz Stadium

Bobby Moses

Juniors
I don't want to jinx him but Taane Milne has quietly been one our best. Many run metres, willing to do the hard intense graft consistently, and he scores regularly. Yes there are the brain explosions as against Bellamy with two 2nd half sideline kicks dealt with far too casually BUT he is showing up and being effective. Thompson too is playing great and his chance will surely come down the track.
Still wish he would be more effective in defence,,,often rushes in and then doesn’t complete,,,,,leaving Stretch to cover his errors. He also has a tendency to go on with a bit of crap and will give away stupid penalties but overall yes he has been playing well.

callmack1

Staff member
From Fox Sports,

ILIAS AND HIS ‘ANGRY’ HALVES PARTNER

There was uproar when the Rabbitohs let premiership-winning halfback Adam Reynolds walk out of the club with a little-known playmaker left to fill his shoes.

Lachlan Ilias was hardly a household name when Reynolds made his ugly exit from Redfern at the end of 2021.

But that didn’t stop rookie coach Jason Demetriou from naming Ilias as the premiership contender’s starting halfback at just 21 - and he endured a baptism of fire last year.

Demetriou infamously hooked his skinny No. 7 halfway through a thrashing at the hands of the Dragons in Round 15.

But Ilias took it in his stride and bounced back to help guide the club to a fifth straight preliminary final.

“That was a pretty hectic year last year, I won’t lie, but I’m feeling better this year,” Ilias told foxsports.com.au.

“If I can just keep growing every game and do my role for the team, then I’m doing my job and I’m happy doing it.

“I feel like we’re developing something really strong on the right edge and hopefully we can keep building that as the team goes.”

Ilias also opened up on his relationship with halves partner Cody Walker, who he suggested aid is misunderstood due to his white-line fever.

“I also love training with Cody, he’s an angry fella but he loves competing and that’s just who he is, he’s actually one of the nicest people in the team off the field.

“But JD is (my biggest influence). He keeps me level headed and keeps me mentally where I need to be on and off the field.”

Souths are flying on top of the table after six straight wins and Ilias ominously issued the competition a warning that they have no intention of relinquishing top spot.

Warned the competition they’re coming for the minor premiership before their September title tilt.

“We’re not pushing for top four, we’re pushing for number one,” Ilias said.

“And when it comes September time hopefully our combinations are there (to win a premiership).

“We love playing with each other and hopefully we keep building on that because come September and finals time we need it to be second nature and just flow through our sets.”

southsport

First Grade
Still wish he would be more effective in defence,,,often rushes in and then doesn’t complete,,,,,leaving Stretch to cover his errors. He also has a tendency to go on with a bit of crap and will give away stupid penalties but overall yes he has been playing well.
Taane has stepped up since his return to the top team and I'm pleased by his efforts.

Hellray

Juniors
Taane has stepped up since his return to the top team and I'm pleased by his efforts.
Agreed he has kept a somewhat cool head and kept the niggle to a minimum. And he he working his butt off helping this team get out of our red zone and starting on the front foot

Rabbits20

Immortal

Keaon 1 month away not back til after bye so round 17
Moale 1 month away not back til after bye so round 17
Havili 3 weeks away likely earlier than the other 2.

Rabbits20

Immortal
JD also Taane has been outstanding since coming back.

Shaq playing reserve grade this week likely plays first grade next week.

callmack1

Staff member
I've always looked forward to the game day eve coaches media. Loved it when Wayne was here but I think I love JD's media even more. Spoke so well again today about the Indigenous culture and this Round, the game, and the coming Origin period. You can tell he's pretty excited for tomorrow night. I'm with him, can't wait!!

Hellray

Juniors
Lovett and Kennar still sitting in the squad. Do we think BL with get a spot over Taffe on game day or will we carry a utility?