What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. North Queensland Cowboys @Townsville

Alamonti simply cant be dropped after tonight. Hopefully Turuva comes in for Tago
No offence but it’s hard to understand your thought process. You seem like you’re not happy unless Penrith win 30+ every round with 0 errors like it’s some sort of easy mode video game.

Enjoy the wins, shit performances as a team and as individuals makes for putting focus on things to keep working hard on and improving.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I am happy for Tago to be in the 17, he is better than most players in the squad.

We didn't use Laurie. Maybe we go back to having a hooker in that place. With May/Tago playing Mav's role.

Atleast that would give some difference with the bench
Peak Tago is fantastic. He's been pretty much awful for a 12 months now

Kilkenny

Coach
Watching the game I didn’t think she was that bad.

Sure they came out in front on the penalties and set restarts but a feral cowboys crowd endures that.

Bob

Juniors
Well sorry. I think it was great. I’m not going to apologise for enjoying our win. It is a positive we held on despite the mountain and momentum they enjoyed for basically the hole game.
Like you I enjoyed the win considering a few things, Temp at the start was 32 degrees, Humidity was 75%, we only had 44% possession, we made 87 more tackles, we lost the penalty count 6-4, six agains we lost 7-4,
highlights for me were Dylan’s try saver in the 1st half, T’oo‘s run just before the Edward’s try, and the form of Alamoti, I read on the kennel and they said he was shyte, I find myself pleasantly suprised by what I’ve seen and lastly our defence, they got close but should of beaten us with 56% possesion

Chins get the wins

First Grade
No offence but it’s hard to understand your thought process. You seem like you’re not happy unless Penrith win 30+ every round with 0 errors like it’s some sort of easy mode video game.

Enjoy the wins, shit performances as a team and as individuals makes for putting focus on things to keep working hard on and improving.
Tago's defence has the whole right edge compromised and he's not even running the ball well. A spell in cup is need for him

Kilkenny

Coach
Like you I enjoyed the win considering a few things, Temp at the start was 32 degrees, Humidity was 75%, we only had 44% possession, we made 87 more tackles, we lost the penalty count 6-4, six agains we lost 7-4,
highlights for me were Dylan’s try saver in the 1st half, T’oo‘s run just before the Edward’s try, and the form of Alamoti, I read on the kennel and they said he was shyte, I find myself pleasantly suprised by what I’ve seen and lastly our defence, they got close but should of beaten us with 56% possesion
Bob no place for positivity on here so it seems.

Iamback

Coach
Not at all. Enormous performance against 60% possession and they enjoyed 65% of the game in our territory. The Cowboys got back within striking distance with a lot of time left on the clock and we withstood the momentum. Just enormous in my opinion but you are clearly not satisfied says more about you than me.

Do we beat the Broncos or Storm not being able to get momentum back?

We lost to Manly on the back of being on the back foot

Last week against last years wooden spooners we lost possession 47-53.

3 games we have won the possession

V Broncos - when they lost 2 backs
V Eels - again we were aided by injuries
Roosters we won possession - still almost got run down. Infact like tonight we had luck we the 2 obstructions going our way.

So the trend 7 games into the year are our opposition are getting on the front foot and we can't stop it.

If it wasn't for our amazing defence combined with some luck we would be in a huge hole.

the positive is we sit 3rd while we work through said issues

age.s

First Grade
Yeo was our only forward to make 100m.

Nanai alone had more tackle breaks then our whole pack combined.

We lost penalties 6-4
And 6 agains 6-4
Errors were 13-10

So very even outside of forward impact
Are we really still having conversations about the number of meters made by our forwards? Our middles have never put up huge numbers (Yeoweh aside) because our back 3 are absolute machines and it makes no sense to wear out our middles with the ball. It allows us to absorb obnoxious amounts of pressure in games like this and is a huge factor in the kind of defensive resolve we have week in week out.

In terms of field position, I'll have a rewatch but I'm very confident in saying it was mostly errors and referee intervention. Our middle never got overrun and even if we say they went even thats a win given the amount of defending we had to do.

Iamback

Coach
Are we really still having conversations about the number of meters made by our forwards? Our middles have never put up huge numbers (Yeoweh aside) because our back 3 are absolute machines and it makes no sense to wear out our middles with the ball. It allows us to absorb obnoxious amounts of pressure in games like this and is a huge factor in the kind of defensive resolve we have week in week out.

In terms of field position, I'll have a rewatch but I'm very confident in saying it was mostly errors and referee intervention. Our middle never got overrun and even if we say they went even thats a win given the amount of defending we had to do.

Happy to leave it out but see my post a couple up. We have struggle to get and keep field position this year.

Our back 5 are still doing their job. Our long kicking game still looks good...

So it leaves the pack not being as dominate

Chins get the wins

First Grade

The thing is yes our forwards can bludge in attack when we are rolling but in the past when we are struggling someone like Marto would take a massive run and break the line and get momentum back. We have nothing atm

Iamback

Coach
The thing is yes our forwards can bludge in attack when we are rolling but in the past when we are struggling someone like Marto would take a massive run and break the line and get momentum back. We have nothing atm

We were up 18-4 at halftime tonight.

Our 3 peat forward pack belts the opposition from that stage and we get a comfortable win.

Teams would hang with us until the 30th min then. Spencer and Sorro would own their bench.

Then a fresh Fish and Moses would bury them