What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. North Queensland Cowboys @Townsville

BossleyPanther

Juniors
Literally every win we had was due in part to luck, So of course the side has stuff to work on. Both Ivan and Nathan said as much after the game
I'm glad you said it, seems they lose a winger or centre and momentum shifts to us. I can't see us winning a grand final this year with a bench Ivan has been putting on.

Girds89

Bench
I don’t dispute your CSI-level analysis proves it wasn’t forward, but it looked forward live and I don’t think you could crucify the on field officials for calling it.

Like i said.. i was one of thefew on here that thought casey badger was fine.

Going down the paths of blaming the refs won't help us.

I thought it was a try..but it didnt affect the game.

We shouldve done better to shut them out

Girds89

Bench
I'm glad you said it, seems they lose a winger or centre and momentum shifts to us. I can't see us winning a grand final this year with a bench Ivan has been putting on.

If you look at the benches ivan has used the last 2 or 3 years in first 2/3rds of the year to the last 3rd of the year its always very different.

It shocks me after all this time that people cant see the genuis behind ivan.

The plotting scheming.. long term plans. Short term plans.

Not showing to much. Saving things in the bank.

The Parra gf case in point.

All year the back 5 was the go to. That game he switched it and the forward pack wemt nuts.

Saved that in the bank all year..

Its rd 8 people. We are talking about an 3 in a row premiership winning coach.. bennett, bellamy, robinson havent done that....

Show a bit of faith..

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Sound like lukey bowden now.

Too much too read for you.

Just stick to drop em and add nothing..

If it was up to you kenny, edwards luai would all be on the scrap heap..

Have a bit of faith princess
More dribble. It's not about simply dropping him but he's been showing zero improvement, infact he regressed. So he's not learning on the job........a 21 year old going back to cup to work on something when we have great options to replace him is perfectly reasonable.

BossleyPanther

Juniors
If you look at the benches ivan has used the last 2 or 3 years in first 2/3rds of the year to the last 3rd of the year its always very different.

It shocks me after all this time that people cant see the genuis behind ivan.

The plotting scheming.. long term plans. Short term plans.

Not showing to much. Saving things in the bank.

The Parra gf case in point.

All year the back 5 was the go to. That game he switched it and the forward pack wemt nuts.

Saved that in the bank all year..

Its rd 8 people. We are talking about an 3 in a row premiership winning coach.. bennett, bellamy, robinson havent done that....

Show a bit of faith..
You are right about the change towards the end of the year, but this year we are very very weak on the bench.

I would have Alamoti on the bench over Laurie, he is like a 2nd 18th man at the moment. We don't have a Lenui to go crazy for 20 minutes.
Maybe he has a plan for Leota to go on Bench later in the year and I will reassess our chances.

WestyLife

First Grade
Nath shouldve made the tackle on val back on the inside on the scrum...

Our teams been built on covering hard on the inside working hard for your man..

Where was he.. the gap between him and tago was huge and they both missed the assignment.

But no one's blaming nath...

The issues on that side step from the imside. Watch closely.

How many times this year has tago been beat on the outside shoulder?

With schnieder it was obvious he was trying to do to much and covering.

People are blowing it way out of perspective.

Its the same as tiny. Hes been extremley good at defending on the outside shoulder. When we are stretched back on the inside he has struggled.

That is natural for a centre.

As a centre you have to trust your inside man. If they are even half a step behind it makes it hard.

The difference between us getting back to shutting teams out in d isnt far off.

Few minor adjustments.

Nathan put his hand up and said he was pretty shit one game back from a multi week injury coming off winning a gf with one of the best halfback moments in history. Guy gets a slight pass for a week or so.

Girds89

Bench
More dribble. It's not about simply dropping him but he's been showing zero improvement, infact he regressed. So he's not learning on the job........a 21 year old going back to cup to work on something when we have great options to replace him is perfectly reasonable.

Tago is experiencing ups and down like normal for a bloke his age in the nrl.

We are 5 & 2.

Hes a premiership winner.

Hes had games where he has destroyed premiership teams.

Yes hes a bit out of touch.. not souly his fault..as nath said he needs to improve in defemce to.

I like Alamonti. But im not thinking it's time to rejig things.

Ive im ivan im just getting that right side at training together and sorting out the few minor issues.

It really is as simple as that.

I mean ppl want Alamonti in on the basis of what a game at centre and wing. So hes in tagos out. And hes played half the year in cup on the wing... at the dogs his defence was absolutely terrible.. hasnt played on the right for us at centre but now he is a "great option".... to replace a premiership winner.

Its like your luai hate all over again.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Tago is experiencing ups and down like normal for a bloke his age in the nrl.

We are 5 & 2.

Hes a premiership winner.

Hes had games where he has destroyed premiership teams.

Yes hes a bit out of touch.. not souly his fault..as nath said he needs to improve in defemce to.

I like Alamonti. But im not thinking it's time to rejig things.

Ive im ivan im just getting that right side at training together and sorting out the few minor issues.

It really is as simple as that.

I mean ppl want Alamonti in on the basis of what a game at centre and wing. So hes in tagos out. And hes played half the year in cup on the wing... at the dogs his defence was absolutely terrible.. hasnt played on the right for us at centre but now he is a "great option".... to replace a premiership winner.

Its like your luai hate all over again.
FMD what hate you deluded pissant? I have hate for players like Soni Luke.

Once again I love Tago as a player

Girds89

Bench
Nathan put his hand up and said he was pretty shit one game back from a multi week injury coming off winning a gf with one of the best halfback moments in history. Guy gets a slight pass for a week or so.

Your missing the point mate.

As i said..

As a centre you heavily heavily must trust on your inside man. If tago wasnt trusting schnieder and cleary had a shit game then maybe we should be a bit easier on the 21yo.

Like i also said... val is no mug. Hes one of the elites centres.

Their 2md rowers are great. They were desperate amd we defemded for 40mins straight.

WestyLife

First Grade
Your missing the point mate.

As i said..

As a centre you heavily heavily must trust on your inside man. If tago wasnt trusting schnieder and cleary had a shit game then maybe we should be a bit easier on the 21yo.

Like i also said... val is no mug. Hes one of the elites centres.

Their 2md rowers are great. They were desperate amd we defemded for 40mins straight.

I was addressing no one blaming Nath. There's valid reasons for that. The issues the other guys have with him aren't structural their individual. I disagree he should be dropped yet maybe another week or 2 for me because I believe he's good enough to bounce back but it's still an issue.

Girds89

Bench
I was addressing no one blaming Nath. There's valid reasons for that. The issues the other guys have with him aren't structural their individual. I disagree he should be dropped yet maybe another week or 2 for me because I believe he's good enough to bounce back but it's still an issue.

The only ppl blaming anyone are on this forum mate.

The experts that played the game were astounded by our defence and resolve.

40mins no stop of attack. Every other team bar maybe the broncs lose that game easy.

WestyLife

First Grade
The only ppl blaming anyone are on this forum mate.

The experts that played the game were astounded by our defence and resolve.

40mins no stop of attack. Every other team bar maybe the broncs lose that game easy.

The broncos lose that game I'm 98% sure. They're the unstoppable force and we're the immovable object. Both just have a few inconsistencies to iron out.

Iamback

Coach
He has had some clean misses he should make.

Correct. That is where the Try conceded is good to look at.

86% tackle rate is great but the 14% missed had led to 6 tries.

That is an individual number put with the errors and the penalties and there are concern in certain moments in games

Iamback

Coach

People choose to look at the end result only, We can't help shit ref calls helping us out or players going down. What is does do though is paper over cracks.

People are correct in wanting to see us full strength before major changes. I have said post Origin is the time but atm the bench is a concern