What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SIGN THOMPSON LONG TERM

SEAT 1A

Bench
Asap needs to be resigned only has next year .Is a leader and a passionate player gets better each year .Great game again yesterday love watching him play has scored some good tries this year.

100% John moz. Yesterday's try was all aggression and 10/10 for last weeks try.

True leader and gees the players up and leads from the front. Seems as thought he has eased off with his defensive workload and less stress to the body.

Come on dudes, he's not that good. He's late twenties, has never played rep football and has been a much a part of the team when it's been rubbish as when it beats another rubbish team like the Gold Coast. He's passionate. Some of the time. He's far from the weakest link. But he's a reliable first grader at his very best. He occasionally goes missing.

Slackboy72

Coach
I wouldn't go that far. The Hornby, Creagh Boyd left side combination took us to a premiership.

Unsure if sarcasm. if not, you have lost your mind

I agree with Fruitbasket, as usual. Thompson is ok. Scored a decent try yesterday but overall has been merely ok.

Not bringing fullbacks into it but you've probably ignored that the Hornby->Creagh short ball was figured out very quickly by opposition defences yet they persisted with it for years afterwards.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Come on dudes, he's not that good. He's late twenties, has never played rep football and has been a much a part of the team when it's been rubbish as when it beats another rubbish team like the Gold Coast. He's passionate. Some of the time. He's far from the weakest link. But he's a reliable first grader at his very best. He occasionally goes missing.

I agree...I can't understand all the love for Thommo...He's a reliable first grader but that's about it. If he ran like Tyson, and broke tackles like Tyson, he'd be on a different level.

grouch

First Grade
Not bringing fullbacks into it but you've probably ignored that the Hornby->Creagh short ball was figured out very quickly by opposition defences yet they persisted with it for years afterwards.
Well, that's arguable (the combo was still yielding tries even in 2011)... but even if it were mildly true, they still produced far more tries, and wins, than Widdop/Thompson has (and possibly ever will)

Crush

Coach
Pound for pound Thompson is as tough as they come. I have sat on the sidelines at player level and watched how much harder he tackles than the other blokes. Hes a fierce, competitive bastard and what he lacks in flair he makes up for in aggression.
Love the Thommo. Make him captain.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I love Thommo, i've always thought he should at least have the VC under his belt.

However, Host is coming through very nicely. That game Host played on the left edge when Thommo was out injured was a classy game for the kid, he really showcased his ability.

There's also another bloke called Angus Crichton coming off contract at the same time as Thommo. For me Crichton has far more upside than signing Thompson long term. Younger, stronger, faster, more skilful and the world at his feet. If we targeted him with a long term contract I think we might have a chance of picking him up. The things I would do to sign him.... As i've made obvious in other threads.

Latest posts