What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Moylan Files

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Bullshit is likes Pecks Paste. A little goes a long way.
I will call this, Jimmy ain't a bloke who would miss a AU jersey because he is changing clubs.

Bloke is prepared to move if required. Something that makes work seem what it is, work, this is clearly family.

Kilkenny

Coach
Coming from you it is meaningless

The Sharks have had great success with former Panthers in Luke Lewis, Wade Graham and Michael Gordon.

There were no risks involved in signing the above mentioned three players.

I wouldn't be so sure about Matt Moylan. I hope he does well, I really do. I would never wish any of our former players anything but the best but he is a huge game and personally I don't think it will end well for the Sharks or Matt Moylan.

Watched a few Moylan highlight vids tonight, depressing shit that this has happened. I'll always wonder what would have happened if he was partnered with Sowie from that start like he should have been. Oh time well time to move on. Hopefully Jimmy returns to 2016 form and stop being a f**king moron with the penalties

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wade Graham.

He was one we stole.

I do not argue that.

I think old Matt will do well, as will James for you.

Only a couple of players.

You need team mates.

Wade is killing it.

Lewie stills kills it, unwanted, Jennings etc

Moylan is in it that world, unwanted, charc pointed this out.

Wade is not in this ball park, he came from choice, played for City, NSW and Australia, won a premiership.

Whilst we stole that gem...

You still discard many.

Wade Graham.

He was one we stole.

I do not argue that.

I think old Matt will do well, as will James for you.

Only a couple of players.

You need team mates.

Wade is killing it.

Lewie stills kills it, unwanted, Jennings etc

Moylan is in it that world, unwanted, charc pointed this out.

Wade is not in this ball park, he came from choice, played for City, NSW and Australia, won a premiership.

Whilst we stole that gem...

You still discard many.
This one is actually Matt Elliott's fault. Now I don't rate Hook but he shits on that clown

TheFrog

Coach
This one is actually Matt Elliott's fault. Now I don't rate Hook but he shits on that clown
When the coach, who has just got you into second place, doesn't see eye to eye with an up and coming prospect, guess who gets to leave?

My memory of it is that we weren't prepared to match what the Sharks were offering.

Blues Riff

Bench
I've just been listening to the RCG/Mansour post game interviews. Team mates don't seem to have a clear picture of the Moylan situation. Interesting that Reg talks about "whatever he chooses" but Mansour says at the end of the day you just have to back the club. Most here have already decided who's to blame without first knowing what has occurred.

hindy111

Post Whore
Makes you wonder why the Sharks are so keen to see it go through if we are so clearly getting an upgrade though, right?. I mean, if Moylan is so obviously inferior.

The simple fact of the matter is that we are adding a heavily penalized, terrible defender to an already ill-disciplined, poor tackling side - exactly how is that a good thing? Not to mention the fact that he is five years older than Moylan and on his way to retirement.

You’ve never rated Moylan, I get it. Its always been “He’s a question mark at 6” for others as well. But the reason why he is a question mark still at 26 is because our numpty coach refused to play him there until it was completely impossible not to, and then Moylan got injured.

The simple fact is Moylan obviously can’t stand Griffin and wants out. If he’s not putting in off the field and is being a disruptive influence, then we are probably right to let him go for that reason. But on purely footballing terms, we are getting the shit end of the deal.

Scout report
He is the best ball player in the comp imo. Silky skills.
At fullback he lacks genuine pace to create damage running the ball and is weak bringing the ball back. Whilst good enough under the high ball his one in one goal line defense is non existant.
In sweeping plays and overlaps he is able to execute the play perfectly and has excellent hands.
Physicall wise he plays the game weak and gets man handled.

Prospect in halves - Potential star but will need to develop a long kicking game. His short kicking game is already proven to be good enough. Also will need to learn how to control a game.

TheFrog

Coach
Scout report
He is the best ball player in the comp imo. Silky skills.
At fullback he lacks genuine pace to create damage running the ball and is weak bringing the ball back. Whilst good enough under the high ball his one in one goal line defense is non existant.
In sweeping plays and overlaps he is able to execute the play perfectly and has excellent hands.
Physicall wise he plays the game weak and gets man handled.

Prospect in halves - Potential star but will need to develop a long kicking game. His short kicking game is already proven to be good enough. Also will need to learn how to control a game.
Pretty fair assessment.

Munted

Bench
Sounds great.

More likely scenario: Moylan bags a double + a couple try assists. Penrith get pumped again by the Sharks on our home turf.

Yes.

Include a Hayne-esque chest pump shouting 'This is my houze, fkn penrif I own youse" as he slots over the winning field goal.