What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newcastle Knights 2019 Team

Knight Vision

First Grade
Glasby will be on the bench, I dont see him a starting prop and I dont see Brown altering whats worked for Glasby in the past. I imagine Glasby will sure up our tiring D in the later part of games and add much needed experience on the bench during those times. God I hope he doesnt start.

Old dog

Juniors
Assuming Klemmer signed. Dan and Gavet bench, with either Buhrer or Woolford then Sione/Jacob/Barnett. Favour Dan and Gavet with Buhrer and Sione covering hooker, 2nd row and backs. Jacob, Barnett, Saulo, King, Jones etc in reserves/backup.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Jacob, Barnett, Saulo, King, Jones etc in reserves/backup.
Barny will be in the side I've got little doubt about that. He's a Brown favorite and his numbers are good, he'll have a good year with less errors under fatigue and off the bench where he belongs at this stage of his career.

8. Klemmer
9. Levi
10. Dsaf
11. Fitz
12. Guerra
13. Herman

14. Sione
15 Gavet
16. Glasby
17. Barnett

ColbyDaCheesy

Juniors
Hey all, long time Knights fan who has finally decided to join up.

My forward pack would be

8. Klemmer
9. Levi
10. Glasby
11. Fitz
12. Guerra
13. Ese’ese

14. Buhrer/Woolford
15. D Saf
16. Gavet
17. Sione

With still 3 spots remaining (assuming Klemmer signs) do we need another forward or are we happy with what we have. I would like to see us sign a back up half (Dargan for example) and 2 backs as I think our forward pack looks pretty good .

Knight Vision

First Grade
Banking on Levi playing 80?
yeh it is a bit of a problem isnt it. I like what Sione could offer over Buhrer ( backrow/backline cover) but ur right I'm not quite sure he could relieve Danny boy.

We really do need an 80 min hooker to be more competitive.- shame about Griffin

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
I thought Woolford was gonna eventually be our starter next season? Can't wait to see the back of Levi.

Bartwah

Juniors
Keen to see how woolford performs in the trials. Hopefully takes Levi’s starting spot so we can watch him threaten to quit again

Old dog

Juniors
No matter who is hooker, Griff when fit, Levi, Woolford we must have a bench player to cover that position if for no other reason than early injury, the best qualified at this stage appears to be Buhrer due to his versatility to cover a few positions.

Apatus

Juniors
That will be a No but ok if Moga is not ready, with no other suitable signing Sione may have to fill in for a while, best option at this stage

I disagree, I think they'll either use Ross there or whoever we can replace him with if he moves on. Probably Jennings or Mann.
Sione doesn't deserve to cop another preseason where he doesn't know if he has to bulk up for back row or trim down for center.

Bartwah

Juniors
No way does Sione play centre to start the year, especially when the plan is for him to play backrow. He needs a good full pre season to pack the muscle back on again.