What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Latrell?

I’m glad someone else brought that up. I was surprised when he swore so blatantly at Klein; do all players swear at the ref and I just miss it?

Either way, it is a terrible look.
Fowl language toward a ref is binable but he was going anyway which probably muddied things. Shows to me that Klein doesn’t have the players’ respect and is out of his depth. No way Bill Harrigan would’ve copped that.

Fowl language toward a ref is binable but he was going anyway which probably muddied things. Shows to me that Klein doesn’t have the players’ respect and is out of his depth. No way Bill Harrigan would’ve copped that.
Apparently there’s only 1 ref that has the respect of the players, it’s not Klein, certainly not Sutton. Matt Cecchin is the one.

It was not reckless. Reckless would be a leaping tackle off his feet or going that hard and high at one of those slow moving tackles that clearly aren't a risk of a line break. This wasn't one of those. It was still a rapid moving play and Manu was driving forward at a real risk of breaking the tackle.

That tackle was significantly worse. Late on a ball passer, not a ball runner, not close to the try line, and Papenhuyzen was already crouching low in the passing motion before Fui went in. No reasonable person can tell Latrell's conduct was as bad. This has become a 7 page thread solely on the injury, not the tackle.
I kind of agree with you. Probably not reckless. His actions directly after smashing the guy in the face and then later (having had 10minutes to sit down and consider his actions and consequences) suggest it was an intentional hit.

Chippy73

Bench
I used to know an NRL referees coach. He told me that about 15 yearts ago, a group of them sat down withg the Nine commentary team to go through the rules with them and explain how they work. He said to me that none of them coul;d understrand them and refused to absorb any of the info they were trying to impoart. He said Gould, Fatty and even Sterlo were the most obtuse.
For sure they were thinking "how dare these skinny armed eggheads tell US how the game works"

stryker

First Grade
I used to know an NRL referees coach. He told me that about 15 yearts ago, a group of them sat down withg the Nine commentary team to go through the rules with them and explain how they work. He said to me that none of them coul;d understrand them and refused to absorb any of the info they were trying to impoart. He said Gould, Fatty and even Sterlo were the most obtuse.
That figures with what we are saying.
Those three still call the game like it’s the nineties.

How much did Tooves get fined for his epic "there's gotta be an investigation into this" spray, wasn't it like 50 grand, I reckon Robbo's was just a step below that so $40,000?

$10k. And apparently that was for saying Manly got square up penalties at the end of the match (implying the refs are trying to even out a penalty count). I believe the rest of his rant was okay under the press conference rules of 2013.

Ricky copped a $50k fine though, can’t remember what it was for, but i think it was his first year at the Raiders (also known as the blokes hurtin era)