What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 GF | PREMIERS - Penrith 14-12 South Sydney @ Suncorp

Grand Final: Penrith v South Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 53 51.5%
  • South Sydney Rabbitohs

Votes: 50 48.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GongPanther

Referee
Opposition missed 64 tackles and could only score 2 tries. Clearly souths the deserving winners with such quality attack.
Bombed a certain try and screw up some promising attacks which was our story in this finals series. But our defense got us there in the end. It seemed in the final few minutes that Souths would pull our pants down, but shit game management by Souths favoured the Panthers. In that final 4 minutes, we were spent...running on pure determination.

Commiserations Souths fans, your team was beaten, but not embarrassed.

The_Frog

First Grade
the problem is the inconsistency with similar circumstances with that play.

How many times do we see players coming in to make tackles and the ball is touched as they're wrapping their arms with no clear intent they're playing at the ball, only for it to be deemed either a 6 again or a knock on by the defender. I honestly feel with that one he was playing at the ball by the way he is coming in knowing full well the ball is about to be kicked (It was right in front of my bay when it happened). I mean what the f**k else is going to happen when you tackle a guy front on when he is kicking the ball?

This is coming from someone that wanted Penrith to win tonight
This is where refs have to be able to read minds. It was kick pressure, and Reynolds was very late in getting his kick away. So late it hit the defender who had absolutely no reaction time. He was just going for the tackle. There is no deviation of the arm to play at the ball. Kick pressure like this should be rewarded.

This was perhaps the biggest difference between the sides. Cleary was able to get his kicks away under little pressure.

Munted

Bench
This was perhaps the biggest difference between the sides. Cleary was able to get his kicks away under little pressure.
Clearys kicking and our line speed while bunnies were camped in their half won the game for the most part. Add in another 114 kick return metres and we started in better position.
45% kick defusal for the Bunnies too, so half the time they failed to return the ball and started sets bogged down where the ball landed, or turned it over.

Had the Bunnies had more tackles in their 20 they would have scored more. They looked dangerous.

Reflector

Juniors
So long Sterlo, always liked the snorkella. I remember being in tears of laughter watching that chilli episode
Funny enough, the bit that made me laugh hardest from the Footy Show days was this McDonald's anti-ad:

The way Sterlo slurs "We do Ron Ron Ron.....we do Ron Ron" behind the bar and falls behind the beat of the song halfway through his line was unexpected and made it even more hilarious. Kind of like in Team America at the end of 'Everyone has AIDS' and the cast are all saying 'AIDS!' over and over right at the end then somebody shouts it a split second too late after the song has finished and the curtain falls.

Not to mention your dire and meaningless contributions.
You know too well that this title has the blood of the Wests Tigers dripping from it.

Tis a victory on paper sure, but one without honour.

Let every record of the result have an asterisk with an explanation at the bottom

* morally contentious, not recognised by most scholars of the game.

Smug has won and the nrl has fallen into an eternal night.

As you know, I don’t blame Nate or any of your players. They are lions led by donkeys.

Blessed be @skeepe for not succumbing to the madness and hysteria.

unKwn

Juniors
You know too well that this title has the blood of the Wests Tigers dripping from it.

Tis a victory on paper sure, but one without honour.

Let every record of the result have an asterisk with an explanation at the bottom

* morally contentious, not recognised by most scholars of the game.

Smug has won and the nrl has fallen into an eternal night.

As you know, I don’t blame Nate or any of your players. They are lions led by donkeys.

Blessed be @skeepe for not succumbing to the madness and hysteria.

tenor.png

Knight76

Juniors
Panthers won the game on the back of some very committed defence picking up and driving Souths back repeatedly. Starving Souths of decent field position.

Off the back of that Cleary's kicking game ensured they remained hemmed in their own end.

Panthers D finished the job.

Cleary got the CCM as it was truly a team performance without 1 standout player. In that instance it is always going to go to the halfback.

Black Diamond

Juniors
An example of what we face for a year.

At any rate, Souths lost the game through a couple of freak errors, the Panthers didn’t win it on substantive footy merit.

But I agree nate as cc winner. He had a good game.

Nate Taunting Cody was just some fun, should stay on the field.
Who gives a f@ck how it was won, Panthers are premiers and Souths are not.

And Tigers are nowhere near either of them.

Danish

Referee
It's clearly a terrible interpretation of the rule, I don't think it was the wrong call but the interpretation has got to be changed.

If he passes it and it's touched in an attempt to make a tackle it's 6 again, why should it be different if it's a kick?

why are people so surprised that incidental contact with a kick is treated differently to a pass when deliberate contact is also treated differently?

Does Gus and his army of chuckleheads blow up every time a kick is charged down and they don’t rule it a knock on against the defender?

Who gives a f@ck how it was won, Panthers are premiers and Souths are not.

And Tigers are nowhere near either of them.
That’s the same as saying all war crimes are ok because the right country won.

Its not an argument.

Your club sold its integrity and soul for a title, not even Melbourne or the Roosters stoop that low.