What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Storm

SBD82

Coach
.. splutters into something approaching life then. If we had creative halves the points wud come from dominant possession.
Can you tell me what you mean by creative halves? It’s an expression that’s thrown around in here a lot, but I’m curious what you mean in this context.

Can you tell me what you mean by creative halves
Skill with ball in hand. A maker of plays, a good distributor with the ability to go to the line and position a support to run into a gap, throw a long ball to an unmarked player or a deft chip kick over the defense. Our blokes crab across field and look clueless which throws the supports off kilter too. Only the odd occasion when the skipper runs to the line does he look dangerous. Reason we need a clever playmaker at 5/8 and we dont have one at present.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Skill with ball in hand. A maker of plays, a good distributor with the ability to go to the line and position a support to run into a gap, throw a long ball to an unmarked player or a deft chip kick over the defense. Our blokes crab across field and look clueless which throws the supports off kilter too. Only the odd occasion when the skipper runs to the line does he look dangerous. Reason we need a clever playmaker at 5/8 and we dont have one at present.
The best attacking kick in the past couple of weeks came from Amone. It had no chasers.

It’s all well and good to talk about creative playmakers, but if the attack has no shape or movement off the ball, then the playmakers have no options.

HenryTatana

Juniors
Get Hunt to 9 Amone 6 Sullivan at 7 , Mbye 14 or 6, with the possibility of either Sloan or Ramsey to 1, then you will see the improvement
You can make as many personnel changes as you want to add spark but nothing will change until Hook gives the players some poetic license. The only person allowed to do anything at the moment is Hunt. The rest are robots who will not do anything outside of the game plan for fear they will be dropped.

Carlton

Juniors
We scored our try when Sullivan took a quick scoot close to the line and played the ball quickly. Amone off the back off this also played straight, he stepped but he was going forward and looking for the offload.

If Hunt had gotten his hands on the ball after Sullivans run he would have given it to Lawrie for a settler. The good teams dont give the defence a chance to set themselves. Once they have a run like Sullivans they keep attacking and force the defence to make decisions. I dont know whether its the coach or Hunt but the amount of ball Hunt gets is ridiculous, and maybe this is why Hunt likes McCullough, McCullough plays what Hunt wants not whats needed.

Forget about Playmakers for a minute what we lack in attack is a game manager, with a good game manager our forwards would be more effective, our backs would be getting it when they need it and the tempo would be matched to the game situation.

Bird, Mcgui
Not putting them among our best. McGuire has added some impact in attack but not in defense. Falls off too many tackles. Pray tell what has Bird done. He is in a playmaking role and he was not even in the comp's top 50 for try assists last time I looked..

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
Can’t believe the blow up by some… wake up to yourselves. We knew storm would be a tough game. Woods was bad and that’s where they scored most of their points. Move onto next week and forget about it
I for one have been moving on for the last 12 years and Im always hopeful of our very next game, but I wont forget about it and would like to discuss my POV with other members of the forum that may share the same thoughts or even different ones, after all everybody is entitled to their own opinions and a discussion forum is that platform.

That’s on the coach mate. The playmakers can call the shots, but they can’t explain an entire movement in one or two words, which is all they have time for.
The coach and players can work on set plays at training but it is the clever improvisor on the field that is the game changer imo. I see Junior with the individual skills if he was given the space to perform them.

SBD82

Coach
The coach and players can work on set plays at training but it is the clever improvisor on the field that is the game changer imo. I see Junior with such skills if he was given the space to perform them.
The clever improviser on the field still needs tools to work with.

You can be as clever as you like, but if the defence doesn’t have to worry about anyone else, you’re a sitting duck.

The clever improviser on the field still needs tools to work with.

You can be as clever as you like, but if the defence doesn’t have to worry about anyone else, you’re a sitting duck.
So who do you see as the game changer type.

Latest posts