What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2023 Crowd Watch

Wb1234

Referee
I have been a commercial partner with a small box since 2014, the draw this year and a price rise for same seats of 10% was to much, I decided I would just select a few games and take clients. I was speaking to the commercial sale’s yesterday to order tickets and he said they are way down on last year and no compensation from NRL , 6 of 11 home games on Thursday and Friday night is shit.
Nrl shouldn’t pay compensation more games on fta means more exposure

a club like Canberra would die for that many fta games to market their club

Frank Burge

Juniors
Nrl shouldn’t pay compensation more games on fta means more exposure

a club like Canberra would die for that many fta games to market their club
I understand, but I doubt major sponsors that deal in construction around the Sydney area care about national exposure , and not sure the club will benefit from the extra prime time tv slots when crowds are probably going to be down 20% YOY. It might attract a bigger brand next time around. In regards to Friday 6pm game I do think the NRL should compensate, there is no extra exposure and crowds are bad. NZ have 5 of 19 which works well for them but then dogs have 3 eels have 2 raiders 2 . It would be good if NRL shared it around

Wb1234

Referee
I understand, but I doubt major sponsors that deal in construction around the Sydney area care about national exposure , and not sure the club will benefit from the extra prime time tv slots when crowds are probably going to be down 20% YOY. It might attract a bigger brand next time around. In regards to Friday 6pm game I do think the NRL should compensate, there is no extra exposure and crowds are bad. NZ have 5 of 19 which works well for them but then dogs have 3 eels have 2 raiders 2 . It would be good if NRL shared it around
Go swap with the raiders then they are dieing for the exposure

what parra lose out in ticket sales they make up elsewhere

what’s a box cost for a season at parra anyways ?

Frank Burge

Juniors
Go swap with the raiders then they are dieing for the exposure

what parra lose out in ticket sales they make up elsewhere

what’s a box cost for a season at parra anyways ?
For 12 person not catered it was $20k a season for 11 games and the commercial sales said they were down in all categories

parrawentyfan

Juniors
I don't live in Sydney but by some miracle are in Sydney every weekend for a few weeks. Unfortunately I can't leave work early so will be up late on Friday night.

Lo and behold I cannot make a single Eels match. Because none are actually on the weekend.

Round 1 Thurs
Round 2 Fri 6pm
Round 3 Thurs
Round 4 Thurs
Round 5 Thurs

As an out of towner, Saturdays are by far the easiest to get to. Now I don't expect them to schedule for out of towners but we don't get a Saturday game until mid June!

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
i just checked again and it came up when you click the link to find tickets

they must've just released them
And it's no longer working - the "find tickets" button brings up nothing. The 'allocation exhausted' banner is up and you have to stumble across the restricted view link below. Not user friendly at all and unfortunately most users don't know about this - I don't believe restricted view will sell out now, especially considering everyone in the media is already saying it's sold out.

The dolphins might be smarter with their ticketing categories and releases going forward and this might cost them a few hundred thousand.

Considering it's the Grand Final rematch, the Eels and the Panthers should have been scheduled in a crowd-friendly AND TV-friendly timeslot.

Even if you exclude the qualifying and Grand Finals, the Eels and the Panthers also sold out their two regular season games (Fri 8pm at Bluebet and CommBank), for an average crowd of 24,230.

It'd be disappointing to see the Thursday timeslot + weather form an alliance to knock the Grand Final rematch crowd below 20k. Both teams deserve better.
Why the hell did the NRL slot this on a thursday night...Sunday afternoon perfect.

Despite the NRL taking control of the match scheduling, they still give great weight to its TV partners desires. Fans who actually go to the game are rarely ever considered by the NRL in terms of dates and times of matches. In fact my experience shows that fans at the ground are the lowest in the NRL's priorities when it comes to match scheduling.