What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Origin I - Wed 31 May - NSW 18-26 QLD @ Adelaide

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • Queensland

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Victoire

Juniors
"I've liked Tevita for a while and I can see that teams are intimidated by him," Fittler said.

"At times he hasn't handled that well but I've always liked him, he's super talented and it was just a matter of him getting that next level of control and showing leadership.

"When I talk to people at Canterbury they say his preparation is excellent."

I wonder what "people" he talked to...

Canard

Immortal
"I've liked Tevita for a while and I can see that teams are intimidated by him," Fittler said.

"At times he hasn't handled that well but I've always liked him, he's super talented and it was just a matter of him getting that next level of control and showing leadership.

"When I talk to people at Canterbury they say his preparation is excellent."

I wonder what "people" he talked to...
He missed 8 tackles against the fearsome St George pack in Round 9.

Intimidating performance.

BranVan3000

Coach
Lets see if Campbell Graham lines up this weekend. I'm 99% sure he will.

18th man and club availability is quite interesting. Its 100% in Souths interests that he withdraws from the NSW squad.

Origin will most likely have casualties so the 18th man is important, they are a chance at game time but no guarantee. But Souths might also just be pissed that he and Cook were left out.

I posted in another forum about City vs Country in 2005. Matt Cooper and Mark Gasnier both pulled out due to injury. 24 hours later they line up against Souths and thrash them.

Different scenario of course but its similar reasoning, prioritise your club over rep football. It worked well for NSW that year. Gasnier and Cooper played all three games and we won the series 2-1 off the back of Joey's work in game 2.
He will play this weekend. Souths have said he is managing an injury over the past few weeks that prevents training and will be assessed during the week

That said I doubt Souths pulled him out. Pretty sure 18th man gets match payment for Origin?

Fangs

Coach

mozza91

Coach
TPJ is hilarious. No idea how Fittler has a job he’s lost 2 of the last 3 series somehow and I’m predicting NSW to bottle it again.

MKCS

Juniors
I figured they'd go with Walsh at fullback but surprised Ponga missed out on a bench spot although it would be pretty silly to drop one of Hunt or Grant for him at this current stages.

Just knowing how Ponga goes at Origin I'd be pretty scared with 20 to go with scores tied and Ponga started warming up on the sideline to take advantage of tired players.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Fittler the man-child sitting on the sides for nine talking nonsense all season long being the NSW coach is laughable.

bazza

Immortal
Surely Burton would’ve been a useful 18th man. Covers plenty of positions, easily as many as Chrichton.
I guess having Tommy and Latrell in the centres and Hynes on the bench means that any position in the backline is easily covered so Chrichton could come in as wing/centre and other shuffle

Canard

Immortal
I figured they'd go with Walsh at fullback but surprised Ponga missed out on a bench spot although it would be pretty silly to drop one of Hunt or Grant for him at this current stages.

Just knowing how Ponga goes at Origin I'd be pretty scared with 20 to go with scores tied and Ponga started warming up on the sideline to take advantage of tired players.
The problem with KP, is that if someone farts loudly near him, he will keel over with concussion.

Latest posts