What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Parra Stadium sharing

They'll last 5 minutes.

As long as they don't ever get to put up a statue, then they can make cosmetic changes all they like. Only idiots who attend these stupid games will care.

But in terms of being allowed to make changes - what happens if the proposed bump to 40k+ happens and several Sydney teams move to Parra? Will the Tigers, Panthers and Dogs get a say in the stand names?

Suitman

Post Whore
They'll last 5 minutes.

As long as they don't ever get to put up a statue, then they can make cosmetic changes all they like. Only idiots who attend these stupid games will care.

But in terms of being allowed to make changes - what happens if the proposed bump to 40k+ happens and several Sydney teams move to Parra? Will the Tigers, Panthers and Dogs get a say in the stand names?

They may well do.

Suity

Maroubra Eel

Coach
They'll last 5 minutes.

Maybe we will have the Steve Mortimer Stand or Larry Corrowa Stand.

bartman

Immortal
Maybe we'll be moving to Homebush Stadium anyway, so it'll all be academic? :sarcasm:

Gronk

Staff member
WHEN the Western Sydney Wanderers play their inaugural A-League match at Parramatta Stadium in October, don't expect to see rugby league legend Ray Price in the stands - and you might not see his famous statue out the front, either.
That's because the Wanderers are considering covering up Price's statue on match days as part of a plan to lessen the feeling that Parramatta Stadium is a rugby league venue and make football fans more ''at home''.
Exactly how the statue of Price - known during his playing days as Mr Perpetual Motion - will be obscured from public view remains unclear, and Football Federation Australia, which owns the club, has not officially decided whether or not to go ahead with the controversial plan.

strider

Post Whore
:lol: :lol: .... maybe they need to change the name of the suburb "Parramatta" too, cos of course that will remind people where they are

what a f'n laugh ..... are they really that insecure?

Gronk

Staff member
toppled-o.gif

whall15

Coach
I wish the Wanderers well and they'll do better than GWS but they are going about this the wrong way tbqh.

Parra Pride

Coach
I forgot the A-League still existed, and that's the first I've heard of a team in Parra.

#BringBackParraPower

SDM

First Grade
They should make a soccer statue of some skinny little jerkoff diving onto the ground holding his leg.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I was thinking of supporting WSW and attending games. That changed today. Good luck to them and I hope they come to their senses. At this stage they should be trying to get more fans not alienate fans of other codes.

MEE.

Juniors
This won't be happening. It's a sensationalized story designed to get people like you lot worked up. It does neither code any favours.

strider

Post Whore
This won't be happening. It's a sensationalized story designed to get people like you lot worked up. It does neither code any favours.

so they have never ever mentioned the statue and doing anything with it?

Latest posts