What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

So where is all this talk about Ken Edwards leaving and not getting on with the board coming from? first i've heard of it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Have you seen Ken with the chairman at games?
After at the club with any board members?
You would think a CEO if a football club would be seen before and after a game with his employer
You're right Maybe it's a rumour.
Maybe....

I'm pretty sure both we're standing together with other coaches and officials at the junior rep semis and grand finals..

born an eel

Bench
You all know this thread is gonna count for pretty much nothing at all, right guys?

I think this thread will decide the election
you are probably right mickdo, as anybody who posts negative comments about the board will be bared from the leagues club.

fishy, which threads actually count for anything on this site, I wouldn't want to waste my profound wisdom for no reward. ;-)

Last edited:

fish eel

Immortal
you are probably right mickdo, as anybody who posts negative comments about the board will be bared from the leagues club.

fishy, which threads actually count for anything on this site, I would want to waste my profound wisdom for no reward. ;-)

It's too funny.

People pushing the barrow of their side or giving out patronising advice about not following a ticket.....when most on here are either rock solid behind one camp or the other or not even voting!!

Been there. Done that. Then realised its more fun & productive just watching everyone tie themselves in knots. :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
If anyone is interested both Steve sharp and Roy spagnolo will be on talkin sport in the next 30 minutes or so... Obviously to be interviewed by the panel separately

Maroubra Eel

Coach
This arvo I heard Bob Bentley on 2UE or 2GB. They were broadcasting from the leagues club.
Bob said to expect the teams results to turn around very soon.

I had written this year off, but the way Bob was speaking it looks like we are still in with a shot.

eel speel

Juniors
Well thats your right, vote them out if you are unhappy. I think they have done a good job from the Leagues club point of view but Blundered badly in the footy department. But the last 6 months they have got us a well credentialed coach, with a impressive support staff. Got us IMO a very very good CEO who is making inroads already.

They have made mistakes but at least they try to fix their mistakes, i think the club needs stability in the short term and putting another new mob in could undue a lot of the good work done the last 6 months.

look at the facts
? Memberships have fallen by more than 15% from 44,037 in 2009 to 37,425 in 2012
? More than $6 million worth of property was sold during a property slump
? Revenue growth since 2009 has failed to keep pace with inflation and nearby clubs e.g. Wenty Leagues, Castle Hill RSL, Merrylands RSL.
? Failure to grow gaming revenue, resulting in a slide down NSW poker machine rankings for turnover
? Failure to restore profitability to Vikings, resulting in sell-off proposal
? Community funding and donations is $150k less than it was in 2007
? Endless boardroom squabbles
? Former director and PIRTEK CEO Glenn Duncan, quitting in disgust
? Attempts to silence critics by suspending their membership
? The failed ?Walk of Fame? debacle
? Numerous unfair dismissal claims by former staff
? Constant media leaks

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I'm looking to get down to the club early tomorrow well before NYC to vote and see what's going in at the club, any of you merkins/non merkins keen for a beer?