What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

Maroubra Eel

Coach
17 posts and 15 in this thread, so glad you came on here to talk footy. Did you know there is a game on tomorrow night???

And what happened to Phil i don't agree with, but i have no doubt you have seen some of the Crap posted on there??? The new one is using Wiki as a source to slam people from 3P LOL.

Why would they need to source Wiki to slam 3P? The evidence speaks for itself. They have been in charge 4 years and this will be the 4th year in a row we've missed the finals. Nothing more to say.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Why would they need to source Wiki to slam 3P? The evidence speaks for itself. They have been in charge 4 years and this will be the 4th year in a row we've missed the finals. Nothing more to say.
The crap they are saying over there is nothing to do with football matters, it's getting pretty nasty and personal. And they wonder why Phil landed in the crap in the first place. It's the idiots over there spewing their bile. Phil should have got them to pull their heads in ages ago.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I don't read the stuff over there. From what I've heard they're even worse than alot of the crap I come up with.

Pricey86

Juniors
17 posts and 15 in this thread, so glad you came on here to talk footy. Did you know there is a game on tomorrow night???

And what happened to Phil i don't agree with, but i have no doubt you have seen some of the Crap posted on there??? The new one is using Wiki as a source to slam people from 3P LOL.

This is an election thread after all and I didn't know you can dictate who comments on what
15 posts in this thread because I'm tired of how 3p has been influencing the running if the nrl side of things
You maybe happy with the current mob
I'm not.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This is an election thread after all and I didn't know you can dictate who comments on what
15 posts in this thread because I'm tired of how 3p has been influencing the running if the nrl side of things
You maybe happy with the current mob
I'm not.
Well thats your right, vote them out if you are unhappy. I think they have done a good job from the Leagues club point of view but Blundered badly in the footy department. But the last 6 months they have got us a well credentialed coach, with a impressive support staff. Got us IMO a very very good CEO who is making inroads already.

They have made mistakes but at least they try to fix their mistakes, i think the club needs stability in the short term and putting another new mob in could undue a lot of the good work done the last 6 months.

Tony Bongo

Bench
The crap they are saying over there is nothing to do with football matters, it's getting pretty nasty and personal. And they wonder why Phil landed in the crap in the first place. It's the idiots over there spewing their bile. Phil should have got them to pull their heads in ages ago.

You mean nasty and personal like EGJ saying that other candidates want our team to lose yet failing to name anyone?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You mean nasty and personal like EGJ saying that other candidates want our team to lose yet failing to name anyone?
How is that nasty??? Stupid yes but hardly nasty, did anyone really think EGJ was Mensa material????

You of all people should know the rubbish that gets posted over there.

Pricey86

Juniors
Well thats your right, vote them out if you are unhappy. I think they have done a good job from the Leagues club point of view but Blundered badly in the footy department. But the last 6 months they have got us a well credentialed coach, with a impressive support staff. Got us IMO a very very good CEO who is making inroads already.

They have made mistakes but at least they try to fix their mistakes, i think the club needs stability in the short term and putting another new mob in could undue a lot of the good work done the last 6 months.

I don't think the board have done a great job
Maybe a mix of old and new, yes but the whole 7? I struggle to believe they offer anything other than a yes vote
On Edwards, I'd be surprised if he stays on should the current board get in.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think the board have done a great job
Maybe a mix of old and new, yes but the whole 7? I struggle to believe they offer anything other than a yes vote
On Edwards, I'd be surprised if he stays on should the current board get in.
Really???? Didn't they just appoint him??? I think he has done a fantastic job so far and i fail to see any reason why they would get rid of him. Sounds like BS to me.

It would appear that the people who filled the deficit with extra sponsorship knew what they were doing.

Suity

Maybe and that is a fair claim, but you could also assume the position that they were cutting money out of the football program in an effort to look profitable. Do we know if the NRL budget is up or down? All we know is the funding is down from the LC.

Looking at the replay of the Cowboys game and the Outdoor Boxes on the Cronin side of the stadium looked very empty .

Pricey86

Juniors
Really???? Didn't they just appoint him??? I think he has done a fantastic job so far and i fail to see any reason why they would get rid of him. Sounds like BS to me.

All I can say is
Watch this space.
The board are used to yes people hence why saad is on the outer I would think
Ken is his own man

hineyrulz

Post Whore
All I can say is
Watch this space.
The board are used to yes people hence why saad is on the outer I would think
Ken is his own man
And isn't that why they hired him??? If they wanted a puppet they would have hired one.

And Ricky seems the same, pretty sure the board have been told by him to butt out pretty sure that was the condtion he took the job.

Funny how this rumour comes about the time of an election........

And this isn't the first place i have heard it......

Gronk

Staff member
EXCLUSIVE: BRETT Kenny, the former champion player who demanded change on Parramatta's board four years ago, claims to feel "let down by failed promises and miserable results". Kenny, who played 265 first-grade games for the Eels, was a key member of the rebel 3P ticket which toppled Denis Fitzgerald and his board in 2009.
With Parramatta Leagues Club elections tomorrow, Kenny has revealed he has walked away from the board he helped to win power under chairman Roy Spagnolo.
Kenny has gone as far as to link with the rival ParraFirst ticket, led by former Eels premiership-winning forward Steve Sharp.
On the ParraFirst "how-to-vote" card, Kenny said: "Four years ago, like many others, I supported the 3P ticket hoping for change. Today, I feel let down by failed promises, miserable results and the fact that those same board members that we lent our support to have accepted no responsibility or accountability for their performance."

In 2009, Kenny was full of hope for the club, saying at the time: "We want to ask some questions about what's been happening. We want former players back at the club, too. There are a lot of corporate boxes at Parramatta Stadium and it would be great if we could get guys like Mick Cronin back and visiting those boxes."
Kenny has now changed his stance.
"I will be holding the board to account for their lack of success and will be voting for Steve Sharp and the ParraFirst team," Kenny said.
The ParraFirst ticket has secured another high-profile supporter in Cronin, the brilliant centre for Parramatta, NSW and Australia from the 1970s and '80s.
"I fully support Steve Sharp and his ParraFirst team, who will put the interests of the club and its members first," Cronin said. "They will be honest, transparent and exercise the highest level of corporate governance.
"I will be voting for ParraFirst."
The leagues board runs the Parramatta Eels NRL franchise.
The ParraFirst motto is: "Putting members, footy and community first."
Sharp was part of the Parramatta Eels sides that claimed four premierships during the 1980s.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...atta-eels-ticket/story-e6frexq0-1226638862977

Pricey86

Juniors
And isn't that why they hired him??? If they wanted a puppet they would have hired one.

And Ricky seems the same, pretty sure the board have been told by him to butt out pretty sure that was the condtion he took the job.

Funny how this rumour comes about the time of an election........

And this isn't the first place i have heard it......

Have you seen Ken with the chairman at games?
After at the club with any board members?
You would think a CEO if a football club would be seen before and after a game with his employer
You're right Maybe it's a rumour.
Maybe....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You would think a CEO if a football club would be seen before and after a game with his employer
Maybe....
I don't live in Sydney, so i'll have to take your word for it. Hopefully it is BS because Ken is just what the club needed and he seems to work well with Ricky.

Eels Dude

Coach
Maybe....

Probably a good thing. The less he's involved the politics and just focusing on his job without interference the better.