What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's on again. Election and AGM - Parramatta Leagues Club

Eels Dude

Coach
Well so be it. At least the infighting will be over and the club can get back to business. I havent really followed this election but thid seems an upset. The previous board can only blame themselves.

Avenger

Immortal
Well so be it. At least the infighting will be over and the club can get back to business. I havent really followed this election but thid seems an upset. The previous board can only blame themselves.

The board are paying for their sins in relation to sacking Anderson, appointing Osborne and listening to Duncan and appointing Kearney. It sent us back 5 years. Good riddance.

bartman

Immortal
Spagnolo gone! 3p only got grothe and sassone I believe. The rest of the board is parra first
If official, that is very unexpected... seriously unexpected, given the results in the December FC elections.

Maybe it was Joe Saad that brought in all the voters for the incumbents last time? :sarcasm:

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
Here's a question I'd love to hear the answer to . Can anyone shed some light on this ?

Permalink Reply by jamesy 10 minutes ago
So how does this work now? 3P won the football club Election, ParraFirst won the Leagues Club Election. Is that right? If so how do two separate parties run things?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What does this mean for the club??? Will they try to put the NRL Club under the footy club banner???

Kornstar

Coach
Although I somewhat am happy by this decision as their actions in hiring Kearney instead of a real coach shouldn't have gone unpunished, I am a little scared for what that means for the club that Roy has now built?

Will we see the same shit that Roy did, staffing wise? Massive changes etc.?

I'm not sure how good this actually is right now......

bartman

Immortal
The board are paying for their sins in relation to sacking Anderson, appointing Osborne and listening to Duncan and appointing Kearney. It sent us back 5 years. Good riddance.
Sound like a fair summation of why the votes might have went this way. Though I'm surprised those same factors didn't make as much impact on the FC vote in December....

And maybe the recent banning of FC candidate Phil Sims from the leagues club because someone posted a funny cartoon somewhere could be seen as 3P's "Tingha-gate" moment? Count that as the fifth f**k-up, plus the bit where as the original "rebel" ticket four years ago they had (foolishly) promised us a premiership by now....

Do Spagnolo and Kelly still get to sit on the FC Board? I think from memory there was some rule that the FC Board needs to always have 3 LC Directors on it... though if Grothe Sr, Sassen and Sharp all got on the LC, then that would mean that the rule is satisfied and none of the FC Directors need to get punted to fit in a 3rd new LC Director.

So no more Libertini.
No more Wallace.
And no more Joe Saad, after being mysteriously dumped from the incumbents ticket....

Eels Dude

Coach
Although I somewhat am happy by this decision as their actions in hiring Kearney instead of a real coach shouldn't have gone unpunished, I am a little scared for what that means for the club that Roy has now built?

Will we see the same shit that Roy did, staffing wise? Massive changes etc.?

I'm not sure how good this actually is right now......

Well hopefully they don't make the same mistakes the last mob did and don't make mass changes. We look good off the field right now. It was too little too late from 3p though.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors
Why??? Duncan was more a hindrance than anything, and Pirtek weren't willing to stump up the cash.

Pirtek were fine until 3P swept to power And then thngs only went sour when Duncan whistleblew on the shonky shit going on . If it wasn't for Duncan we'd more than likely still have Osbourne and until 3Ps mystery biggest sponsorship deal ever is confirmed Pirtek is by far our best option . Don't even bother with the Duncan fired Ando crap without a link .

bartman

Immortal
What does this mean for the club??? Will they try to put the NRL Club under the footy club banner???
Given that the group formerly known as 3P have the majority on the FC Board, and the group known as ParraFirst have the majority on the LC Board, I can't see one Board passing over the NRL control over to the other Board - especially when the group controlling that Board (3P) never bothered to get the shift happening when they did control both Boards and it would have been easy.....

So stalemate on that front again for another 18 months :(, I guess until Spagnolo and mates get kicked out of the FC Board at the next elections?

jimmy77au

Juniors
Can't wait to hear the real financial reports .

it amazes me that people keep pointing that 3p sold assets to make profit.

as a business, wouldn't it be savvy to sell assets that do not perform or Are actually draining funds from the organisation?

Anyway - good luck to the new board - I hope to christ that they are in it for the right reasons, and that Dennis Fitzgerald really isnt the puppet master.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Pirtek were fine until 3P swept to power And then thngs only went sour when Duncan whistleblew on the shonky shit going on . If it wasn't for Duncan we'd more than likely still have Osbourne and until 3Ps mystery biggest sponsorship deal ever is confirmed Pirtek is by far our best option . Don't even bother with the Duncan fired Ando crap without a link .
Showing your true colours now Pat, I'm glad Ozzy is gone and i'm also glad Duncan and Pirtek are gone.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Given that the group formerly known as 3P have the majority on the FC Board, and the group known as ParraFirst have the majority on the LC Board, I can't see one Board passing over the NRL control over to the other Board - especially when the group controlling that Board (3P) never bothered to get the shift happening when they did control both Boards and it would have been easy.....

So stalemate on that front again for another 18 months :(, I guess until Spagnolo and mates get kicked out of the FC Board at the next elections?
Damn, so another 18 months of this crap??? I was hoping at least this would end the shit fight.

Etu Uaisele

Juniors

Very Strange situation . So really nobody can be held accountable for shit NRL team performance etc ?