What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

You must be related to Skeepe. Everything always comes down to the referees with you.

The Chooks deserve to be favourites but geez, face the fact that it's not the refs every time you don't win.

Are you f**king serious? :lol:

Slater knocked on and it was play on, they get a soft penalty, knock on again and it's play on and score right on half time. Instead of us attacking their line with 2 minutes of the half left and dominating the game the merkins got a free ride up field and score. We lose by 8, a penalty right on full time being largely irrelevant.

And if you don't think being caned 6-1 for an hour in round 1 or the overall 6-2 caning we took in Canberra didn't effect the game you're kidding yourself. A blatant Souths knock on called as a strip turned the game away from us.

effnic

Bench
While I don't rate the pissweak level of excuses you've managed to deliver, I do rate the Roosters and I get the feeling your mob will be there on Grand Final day.

Your opponents?

Either Melbourne or us.

:roll::lol:

Meth

Staff member
I still think it's Melbourne's premiership to lose.

I think it could come down to Melbourne or Manly again. Manly looked like they were really clicking at points on the weekend.

The turn around of the Roosters this year has been remarkable though. I think they'll finish minor premiers. I just wonder whether they'll go all the way this year. Do they have much finals experience there? SBW will be great for the team in that regard, and half of them would have been in the GF in 2010 I suppose.

Meth

Staff member
And Maloney was there in 2011 with us. But he was hopeless.

Spot On

Coach
... and unfortunately the Roosters halves pairing have a 100% loss record in the games that really count. Two GF's (one each) and of course Origin.

Bulldog Force

Referee
You're an idiot. Two of those losses came in the first 5 rounds and the other two came without JWH in the team and others missing.

Against Parramatta (which we won anyway) we were coming off a bye and our players backing up from Origin.

Against Melbourne we were without JWH and Sam Moa and got hammered by appalling refereeing.

Against Souffs we were in to our 1st competitive game with a new coach, new signings, no LOD, Cordner and Arona coming off the bench against team that had a one season jump on us as a collective group.

Against Canberra the pricks completed 17 of 17 sets in the second half and we were royally caned in the penalty count.

Against merkinerbury we had 4 or 5 players missing and still bitch slapped them apart from two late tries that wouldn't happen with our full team out there.

Against the Warriors they scored second half tries off the back of us stuffing up our bombs. They never deserved to win but shit happens.

Go ahead, keep writing us off. Just like those morons that said we had to prove ourselves against the Cowboys :lol::lol:

edit.

I notice it is mostly Souffs and merkinerbury fans that don't want to give us credit. Says it all really.
Oh, so now you're interested in this discussion? What happened to...
Who gives a f**k what Bulldog Force thinks :lol:

Bulldog Force

Referee
... and unfortunately the Roosters halves pairing have a 100% loss record in the games that really count. Two GF's (one each) and of course Origin.
True, but working together can make a difference. Whether it's enough to win the premiership is still to be determinded. But as mentioned above, it's Melbourne's to lose.

H.H

Juniors
I think it could come down to Melbourne or Manly again. Manly looked like they were really clicking at points on the weekend.

The turn around of the Roosters this year has been remarkable though. I think they'll finish minor premiers. I just wonder whether they'll go all the way this year. Do they have much finals experience there? SBW will be great for the team in that regard, and half of them would have been in the GF in 2010 I suppose.
It's what we do...at least in the last 10 years or so.

Wherever we end up this year, I really hope we can sustain the performance and be a contender for a few years to come. No reason we couldn't with the age of our roster.

Sick of this up and down sh*t.

D

Deleted member 10972

JWH is the key factor when it comes to the Roosters defensive prowess.

In the 24 halves of footy that JWH has played for us this year...

- in 15 halves, we have conceded ZERO tries
- in 4 halves, we have conceded ONE try
- in 2 halves, we have conceded TWO tries
- in 2 halves, we have conceded THREE tries (when Souths blew us off the park in the first half in Rd 1; when Warriors almost ran us down in the second half in Rd 2)
- in 1 half, we have conceded FOUR tries (when Raiders ran us down in the second half in Rd 5)

The above 12 games include only 2 of our 4 losses this season (v Souths, v Raiders). In the time JWH was out, we lost to the Warriors and Storm, and had relatively unimpressive wins (key point - still WINS) against Eels, Cowboys and Bulldogs (although the scoreline flatters the Bulldogs who scored essentially 2 consolation tries).

The teams that pose the most threat to the Roosters IMO:

- Souths (deservedly first place)
- Storm (always a threat)
- Raiders (at home, near unbeatable)
- Warriors (we always have trouble shutting them down for 80 minutes, and twice this year they have had barnstorming second halves, one of which cost us a victory)

We are yet to play Tigers, Titans or Knights, so we will see how that goes. Panthers shouldn't be overly challenging (and neither should Raiders at our home) but Souths will be a tough one.

IMO, Roosters will beat Tigers, Titans, Raiders, Panthers. Will struggle against Knights, but come out firing v Souths.

firechild

First Grade
Are you f**king serious? :lol:

Slater knocked on and it was play on, they get a soft penalty, knock on again and it's play on and score right on half time. Instead of us attacking their line with 2 minutes of the half left and dominating the game the merkins got a free ride up field and score. We lose by 8, a penalty right on full time being largely irrelevant.

And if you don't think being caned 6-1 for an hour in round 1 or the overall 6-2 caning we took in Canberra didn't effect the game you're kidding yourself. A blatant Souths knock on called as a strip turned the game away from us.

That may be the case in that game but you have made so many comments lately about various games and it is always how you were robbed by the refs. The refs are shit, we get that, they are in every game, every week but you and Skeepe seem to blame everything on the refs.

adamkungl

Immortal
It's what we do...at least in the last 10 years or so.

Wherever we end up this year, I really hope we can sustain the performance and be a contender for a few years to come. No reason we couldn't with the age of our roster.

Sick of this up and down sh*t.

f**ken oath. Still don't believe how badly we imploded in 2011. f**king Smith and Carney cocked that one up good and proper.

2-3 good years in a row and I reckon we'd have memberships rivalling Parra and Stains.

rabbitohs95

Bench
That may be the case in that game but you have made so many comments lately about various games and it is always how you were robbed by the refs. The refs are shit, we get that, they are in every game, every week but you and Skeepe seem to blame everything on the refs.

But Morris was out :-({|=

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
f**ken oath. Still don't believe how badly we imploded in 2011. f**king Smith and Carney cocked that one up good and proper.

2-3 good years in a row and I reckon we'd have memberships rivalling Parra and Stains.

:lol::lol:

You're losing it. You're normally pretty tight and on the money with your posts, but this is bat shit insane adam.

You're giddy on the rarified air of second place. Get down and get some oxygen back in to your brain.

Bulldog Force

Referee
It's amazing how the Roosters have an excuse for every loss they've had this year... I bet Souths and Storm haven't been hard done by the games they've lost ay...

Freddy's Girl

Juniors

the Melbourne storm game was the most controversial one for us this season. 3 Knock on's in one set that lead to a try at halftime when we should have had the ball in there own 20. Ended up being the difference.

We lost fair and square against Souths and the raiders. However SBW came off the bench, combinations were still new, from then on we gradually improved.

The warriors was a game we should have won (SKD :crazy:) but we missed our opportunities.

rabbitohs95

Bench
the Melbourne storm game was the most controversial one for us this season. 3 Knock on's in one set that lead to a try at halftime when we should have had the ball in there own 20. Ended up being the difference.

We lost fair and square against Souths and the raiders. However SBW came off the bench, combinations were still new, from then on we gradually improved.

The warriors was a game we should have won (SKD :crazy:) but we missed our opportunities.

Showing that not all Easts supporters are butthurt about losses :clap:

It's just a few people but all clubs have those supporters that rant on and on about refs and what could have been, you've just got to learn to get on with it.

BranVan3000

Coach
Yep, because the only reason Storm beat other teams is because they get favorable refs decisions :lol:

You were also bitching and moaning about the refs after you lost to St Merge in the game forum so clearly you have the same reffing issues as Skeepe and Danish....

All that said the Roosters are favorites at this stage of the season and deservedly so. I'm sure we'll meet them in the finals at some stage and look forward to the challenge.

Oh please, are you going to deny that Billy bends and breaks the rules wherever possible? He is good at it but he most certainly leaves controversy in his wake.

Where did I bitch about the refs in the St Merge thread? Lol, everyone but me mentioned the refs, in fact I specifically said its not worth mentioning the refs because St Merge earned that win.

Latest posts