What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Forbidden Game-insightful book on what has & can happen

Te Kaha

First Grade
To some up all your links, that Rugby discriminated against League because Rugby "hypocritically" espoused an amateur ethos and League was professional. And those links specifically covered the flat out refusal to allow free movement of players between the codes, due to "shamaterisim" and that no other "professional athlete" was barred from playing Rugby except those who have played League.. Hence why those links are almost 20 years old... ignoring the fact the League was the ONLY other sport that was "Rugby".

Very well done... you have shown that Rugby discriminated against League.. a fact well known to everyone... what you STILL have not shown is what this thread is about.. the supposed "REPRESSION" of League by Rugby "friends in high places" that is apparently still going on 20 years after your links.

Oh and as your "deductive" skills concerning morocco.. can you provide a single solitary link that the individual/s who barred the League use of fields knew that League was a separate code? since one has already been provided that shows once told it was a separate code they immediately allowed the fields use... one link will suffice.

taipan

Referee
To some up all your links, that Rugby discriminated against League because Rugby "hypocritically" espoused an amateur ethos and League was professional. And those links specifically covered the flat out refusal to allow free movement of players between the codes, due to "shamaterisim" and that no other "professional athlete" was barred from playing Rugby except those who have played League.. Hence why those links are almost 20 years old... ignoring the fact the League was the ONLY other sport that was "Rugby".

Very well done... you have shown that Rugby discriminated against League.. a fact well known to everyone... what you STILL have not shown is what this thread is about.. the supposed "REPRESSION" of League by Rugby "friends in high places" that is apparently still going on 20 years after your links.

Oh and as your "deductive" skills concerning morocco.. can you provide a single solitary link that the individual/s who barred the League use of fields knew that League was a separate code? since one has already been provided that shows once told it was a separate code they immediately allowed the fields use... one link will suffice.

The subject matter indeed was suppression,and when you are denied access ,or when players are denied access,or when grounds are made unavailable,the local milk carter is not the person to authorise such.
Of course they near 20 years old,the bans were removed in the armed services in 1995,scoop geez.

An example of what I mean from the SARL website"Back at home the Sth Africans faced the unforseen.Virtually all municipalities were instructed not to make playing fields available to the Rugby League.League players in Sth Africa(SL time) were scorned as 'traitors""Sell out"and were outcast for selling their birthright namely Rugby union."Who authorised the ban on grounds ,the local greekeeper?.

I provided the link and the memo where the code was refused access in Morocco,you go figure.If they were assessed to be one and the same code as union,this crap would not have happened.

read and weep,here's another ,not 20 years back but year 2013AD.

http://www.nospam18.com/rlp-nations...lock-gb-students-rugby-league-tour-of-morocco

The delusion and deflection is overwhelming.Not one link or evidence to back your suppositions,just your opinion.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Te Kaha thinks the Moroccon police and army act on a whim after seeing a coach of players driving down the road, lol. It's not like RL isn't being played in Morroco before this tour event. He thinks that someone with RU connections and powerful connections hasn't influenced the decision to deny access. He probably also believes in the tooth fairy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He doesn't think that. He's just asking for evidence to prove it.

No need to get hysterical.

Te Kaha

First Grade
The subject matter indeed was suppression,and when you are denied access ,or when players are denied access,or when grounds are made unavailable,the local milk carter is not the person to authorise such.

Outside of the Military, the last bastion of the "class war". Which players were stopped from playing League? since it would be impossible i.e. illegal to enforce.
If you are saying it was "suppression" or "repression" since they would no longer be able to play Rugby again, that's just stupid. They still had a choice, nobody forced them to play either code. It was no different to the IOC barring professional athletes from ever going to the Olympics.

Of course they near 20 years old,the bans were removed in the armed services in 1995,scoop geez.

The same time that Rugby went professional, meaning the need to stop Professional Rugby players from playing Rugby was gone.

An example of what I mean from the SARL website"Back at home the Sth Africans faced the unforseen.Virtually all municipalities were instructed not to make playing fields available to the Rugby League.League players in Sth Africa(SL time) were scorned as 'traitors""Sell out"and were outcast for selling their birthright namely Rugby union."Who authorised the ban on grounds ,the local greekeeper?.

That is a fair indication.

I provided the link and the memo where the code was refused access in Morocco,you go figure.If they were assessed to be one and the same code as union,this crap would not have happened.

No, IF and its a big if the translation is close to accurate it states that no registered Rugby player at "the royal university of rugby" was to be permitted to play League, no member could referee the games and they couldn't use the universities fields. written NOT by any govt official but b the head of "the royal university of rugby.... And you think this is wrong? Maybe then you should tell Apple to let Google use their facilities and staff to make their products... EXACTLY the same thing.

"hello everyone
the Honor from President of the Royal University of rugby Mr. Taher Bojowala to tell everyone :
=> Prevents the players licensed by the Royal University of rugby to practice or participate in the activity of Rugby 13
=>
Foreclose on the heads of the clubs to allow the organizers to engage in any pretended Rugby13 in their court (field)

=> and do not control any game or referee for them "​

read and weep,here's another ,not 20 years back but year 2013AD.

http://www.nospam18.com/rlp-nations...lock-gb-students-rugby-league-tour-of-morocco

The delusion and deflection is overwhelming.Not one link or evidence to back your suppositions,just your opinion.

an interview with a touring member of the team and that's your proof?.. ever heard of hearsay? you have been harping on about "vested interests" and you don't think he had any...
If you can provide even a single link that shows that the Govt knew that League was a separate sport and was pressured to prevent the games occurring by the MRU and I will shut up about it.

Te Kaha thinks the Moroccon police and army act on a whim after seeing a coach of players driving down the road, lol. It's not like RL isn't being played in Morroco before this tour event. He thinks that someone with RU connections and powerful connections hasn't influenced the decision to deny access. He probably also believes in the tooth fairy.

EVIDENCE... You guys like to act on faith, personally I like hard evidence before forming a definitive opinion.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Away from this, there were quite a few fascinating parts in the book, what caught yor eye?

I was intrigued by the German question.

For me it was the inaction by the IRB very early on in France. 3 players died on the field in France in 1929. Thats when the IRB should have stepped in & started investigating & dishing out massive suspensions.

Shamateurism is one thing, but deaths from intentional on field acts is a whole new & bigger thing.

When the IRB did nothing after 1929 they essentially gave France a green light to run their game anyway they wanted.

That ingrained the mindset that France RU could do whatever they want.

Even after the Vichy decree to delete RL, the IRB said or did nothing. I believe it was this poor, loose management of national RU bodies in 1929 by the IRB that started the rot which they struggled more & more with until they went professional.

Thats not to say that the IRB is more assertive when it comes to disciplining national bodies, because they aren't. It's more that professionalism has seen the need for National bodies to act so immorally dramatically reduce.

The IRB itself is quite similar to the RLF, weak as piss & dictated to by a few of the strongest nations competitions.

Issues like Morocco, Russia & South Africa will continue to happen because both codes governing bodies are pathetic, leaving national bodies with a free reign.

If the IRB has never been able to fix its own games issues, especially when there's no rival rugby code in the country, such as France in 1929, then they sure as hell won't step in when RU acts affect RL.

And theres masses of evidence that support that, going back to the pre RL days in Australia. The Pat Walsh story, the refusal to give Alec Burdon any compensation are the two major issues that lead to a player revolt & the formation of RL in Australia.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Outside of the Military, the last bastion of the "class war". Which players were stopped from playing League? since it would be impossible i.e. illegal to enforce.
If you are saying it was "suppression" or "repression" since they would no longer be able to play Rugby again, that's just stupid. They still had a choice, nobody forced them to play either code. It was no different to the IOC barring professional athletes from ever going to the Olympics.

The same time that Rugby went professional, meaning the need to stop Professional Rugby players from playing Rugby was gone.

I cannot be any more specific nor clearer than that.

That is a fair indication.

No, IF and its a big if the translation is close to accurate it states that no registered Rugby player at "the royal university of rugby" was to be permitted to play League, no member could referee the games and they couldn't use the universities fields. written NOT by any govt official but b the head of "the royal university of rugby.... And you think this is wrong? Maybe then you should tell Apple to let Google use their facilities and staff to make their products... EXACTLY the same thing.

"hello everyone
the Honor from President of the Royal University of rugby Mr. Taher Bojowala to tell everyone :
=> Prevents the players licensed by the Royal University of rugby to practice or participate in the activity of Rugby 13
=>
Foreclose on the heads of the clubs to allow the organizers to engage in any pretended Rugby13 in their court (field)
=> and do not control any game or referee for them "​

an interview with a touring member of the team and that's your proof?.. ever heard of hearsay? you have been harping on about "vested interests" and you don't think he had any...
If you can provide even a single link that shows that the Govt knew that League was a separate sport and was pressured to prevent the games occurring by the MRU and I will shut up about it.

EVIDENCE... You guys like to act on faith, personally I like hard evidence before forming a definitive opinion.

When you provide evidence to refute my links/references/experiences,I may take some notice .Danie Craven's views on rugby league were well known years ago.

You have not produced one, not one link to refute my reference points,just going into denial or deflection.

At the present you are just p*ssing in the wind,when I say something is black you say it is white.I could produce the Magna Carta,and you would still argue against it.

We know the world is a different place today and generally both codes live side by side.Morocco showed there are exceptions.The authority was shown on a link.
The whole point of the all Parliamentary group was to show the hypocrisy of discrimination toward rugby league in many guises.
You know why?,because you could be a pro hockey player,boxer,snooker player and still if you were good enough play rugby union(when it was amateur) in the UK. You could not if you had played pro rl.That is hypocrisy and that is why Hinchliffe and other politicians got involved.
If you believe the All parliamentary Group,the Royal Airforce,The SARL,the Gb Students with the authority form,the hate by Danie Craven are all liars, prove it documentation wise.I have given my points,you on the other hand .........
I give you the last word,I know you want it.

Last edited:

LJC

Juniors
Still waiting on LJC to correct my "questionable" facts.

And to show evidence where i have denied any repression.

If you are so certain of both, then this task should be easy.

Don't make claims if you can't back them up.

Pathetic response from a so called RL fan!?

You have and others that have read this thread have seen hard evidence of repressive tactics against the game of RL on a scale that is world wide.

If you cannot comprehend and acknowledge this very detailed information then you will continue with your ignorance.

Their is one sport that is being repressed which happens to be RL and the other is being propagated by such repression.

RL is a very real and I believe much more attractive alternative code of rugby. And these people with RU bias have been perpetuating and holding on to their antiquated code for many years.

The fact that RL is not as widespread as it should be should bring about questions as to why this is so? The answers are being provided in this thread and yes undoubtedly their is inept administration going on within the game of RL but this is also complemented by deceitful and underhanded repressive RU favoring tactics/policies/legislation that have been shown in this thread by many contributors in many places.

MU and Te Haka fail to see these contributions to this thread as "fact"and that's that! What else can you do but watch them deny and twist things for who's benefit? Definitely not RLs!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Quit babbling with your rhetoric & provide the evidence that my facts are questionable.

Provide evidence where i have said or suggested that repression isn't & hasn't happened.

You & your arguments will not progress or have any credibility until you start putting forward evidence to support your accusations & claims.

I have twisted nothing. All i've done is provide facts for every tangent you veer this thread off into. You haven't countered any of my facts with any contrary evidence or facts, just slander & accusations which you can't back up.

Last edited:

LJC

Juniors
Quit babbling with your rhetoric & provide the evidence that my facts are questionable.

Provide evidence where i have said or suggested that repression isn't & hasn't happened.

You & your arguments will not progress or have any credibility until you start putting forward evidence to support your accusations & claims.

I have twisted nothing. All i've done is provide facts for every tangent you veer this thread off into. You haven't countered any of my facts with any contrary evidence or facts, just slander & accusations which you can't back up.

Your stance is questionable! Why provide "balance" when their is a tidal wave of evidence impacting against RL? The core issue is widespread repression of RL. That's it. Nothing else!

My first posting is the substance and foundation of this whole thread. If that is not deemed evidence (a published account of what happened in France )and the many other contributions from other people then you are not reading the evidence.

Simple as that !

You and your mate are a concern if you deem yourself to be genuine RL fans? You have posited tangents and denials throughout the thread, along with insults, yet you still can't acknowledge the many examples of repression in this thread. Other people have noted your "ignorance" and determined stance against getting a very real issue of sports repression out there. Honestly, I never thought I would be having to deal with the rudeness and the remarkable deflection/"denials when it suits" of the "repression of RL" problem. It "Repression of RL" has been extensively shown in many examples in this thread.

Perhaps you and your mate are part of the repression? Other people have read your contributions and have questioned your intent and motivation. That's all I can state and I don't paraphrase other people's comments as the content can be easily misinterpreted and taken out of context like you dudes do so well! (Moderators indeed!)

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you have no evidence.

Why do you think making accusations you can't support with evidence is the basis for a sound argument?

Spin your lies and bullshit all you like, you're just making yourself look like an even bigger moron.

You debate like a really stupid 3 year old

LJC

Juniors
So you have no evidence.

Why do you think making accusations you can't support with evidence is the basis for a sound argument?

Spin your lies and bullshit all you like, you're just making yourself look like an even bigger moron.

You debate like a really stupid 3 year old

Bit upset are we?

Perhaps your "balance" stance and your emphasis needs improving.

I emphasize that one sport ,RL, is being the major victim of repressive tactics on a worldwide scale. The evidence has been provided by many other contributors to this site.

Get over it champ. I'm not into having a tedious battle of ego with you.
Diversions are not my go!
My whole purpose is to make aware of the shocking and deceitful. treatment that RL has and is enduring on a world wide scale courtesy of RU biased people in positions of power.

That's it. Nothing else!

Their is something very sinister happening behind the scenes against the game of RL and I am merely pointing this out.

You continue on in your merry way. My conscience is clear!

Knownothing

Juniors
LJC,

You believe that there is a conspiracy against rugby league. I personally do not agree with this.

But consider this. The recruitment for both the membership of the ARL Commission, as well as the appointment of the CEO (David Smith) was handled by John Mumm, of Spencer Stuart. Mumm has a very strong rugby union background, his nephew (Dean) is a former Wallaby, and is still playing in France. His son (Greg) is a coach.

The CEO who was appointed after his executive search, David Smith, has a rugby union background. Most rugby league supporters were flabbergasted at how little he knew about rugby league when he was appointed.

My question to you is this. Is this a conspiracy? Yet another example of the trickery and treachery of the rah rah world elite?

Or is it just what happens in life?

If you are consistent in your views, you should be very very worried. Because, on the face of it, the rah rahs are making huge inroads into rugby league at the very top in the most important rugby league market in the world.

What do you think? Forget about what happened 70 years ago in Europe, or what happens in Morocco today. (Morocco? Who cares?).

What is happening in Australia, right now?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bit upset are we?

Perhaps your "balance" stance and your emphasis needs improving.

I emphasize that one sport ,RL, is being the major victim of repressive tactics on a worldwide scale. The evidence has been provided by many other contributors to this site.

Get over it champ. I'm not into having a tedious battle of ego with you.
Diversions are not my go!
My whole purpose is to make aware of the shocking and deceitful. treatment that RL has and is enduring on a world wide scale courtesy of RU biased people in positions of power.

That's it. Nothing else!

Their is something very sinister happening behind the scenes against the game of RL and I am merely pointing this out.

You continue on in your merry way. My conscience is clear!

upset? Don't flatter yourself.

You have not provided one iota of evidence to support you accusations that my facts are questionable.

You have not provided one iota of evidence to support your accusations that I deny any repression against RL.

You keep waffling on, but you never back up anything you say with facts.

Don't make accusations if you can't back them up with facts.

LJC

Juniors
LJC,

You believe that there is a conspiracy against rugby league. I personally do not agree with this.

But consider this. The recruitment for both the membership of the ARL Commission, as well as the appointment of the CEO (David Smith) was handled by John Mumm, of Spencer Stuart. Mumm has a very strong rugby union background, his nephew (Dean) is a former Wallaby, and is still playing in France. His son (Greg) is a coach.

The CEO who was appointed after his executive search, David Smith, has a rugby union background. Most rugby league supporters were flabbergasted at how little he knew about rugby league when he was appointed.

My question to you is this. Is this a conspiracy? Yet another example of the trickery and treachery of the rah rah world elite?

Or is it just what happens in life?

If you are consistent in your views, you should be very very worried. Because, on the face of it, the rah rahs are making huge inroads into rugby league at the very top in the most important rugby league market in the world.

What do you think? Forget about what happened 70 years ago in Europe, or what happens in Morocco today. (Morocco? Who cares?).

What is happening in Australia, right now?

Your information is very compelling and interesting!

Their have been some very poor marketing decisions and lack of genuine progressive discourse to date. Things like looking at additional clubs for expansion are not being discussed and it seems the self implosion path of reducing Sydney based clubs is holding sway in a very media driven way.

I am worried and your comments are very apt and constructive.

Thanks for the information.

My thoughts of widespread repression follow logic and have other examples , not just "Morocco" to show that their is repression of the sport of RL.

Yes, I have my suspicions about what is happening in Australia and you point out some very pertinent facts.