What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v New Zealand ** news & injury thread **

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
yes eurosport...and kick off times are all over the place

1st test 5:00pm GMT - 4:00am sydney - 6:00am auckland

2ns test 2:30pm GMT -1:30am sydney - 3:30am auckland

3rd test 1:00 GMT - 00:00am sydney - 2:00am auckland

its a mess and explains why foxtel did'nt want it..

all the tests should have been 8pm kicks off..so it's breakfast viewing down under

Was pretty disappointing when i saw the kick off times...but no issues now...just record and watch when you get up...

And to be honest NZ is to busy in love with the Rugby World Cup....

LJC

Juniors
Was pretty disappointing when i saw the kick off times...but no issues now...just record and watch when you get up...

And to be honest NZ is to busy in love with the Rugby World Cup....

Not so Australia. Mind you the TV times are not user friendly but I'm sure the Socceroos have captured more of the public's imagination in their quest than the "Wantabies" have!

The News Ltd backed Daily Telegraph newspaper is trying its best! It will be interesting to see how much publicity the Daily telegraph affords the Rugby League World Cup in Australia , NZ & PNG in 2017? Watch this space!

Last Week

Bench
yes eurosport...and kick off times are all over the place

1st test 5:00pm GMT - 4:00am sydney - 6:00am auckland

2ns test 2:30pm GMT -1:30am sydney - 3:30am auckland

3rd test 1:00 GMT - 00:00am sydney - 2:00am auckland

its a mess and explains why foxtel did'nt want it..

all the tests should have been 8pm kicks off..so it's breakfast viewing down under

Yeah, just to confirm this for Australian viewers. I've done a check of the Foxtel TV guide and the 1st and 3rd test match isn't on there at all.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/tv-guide/search?q=rugby league&page=2

The first test is not on there at all. Infact, Foxtel have decided that their sports channels will show the following at the time the test is playing:

Fox Sports 1 - Golf - USPGA CIMB Classic Final Round (replay)
Fox Sports 2 - NBL followed by 3 on 3 basket ball followed by the LIVE darts European Championship.
Fox Sports 3 - NASCAR The Sprint followed by the LIVE NSACAR The Sprint Cup
Fox Sports 4 - EPL - LIVE S'hampton v B'mouth followed by EPL West Brom v Leicester
Fox Sports 5 - Cricket ODI - LIVE Sri Lanka v West Indies followed by LIVE F1 Mexico Pit Lane race followed by LIVE F1 Mexico Race
The ESPN channels are showing NFL stuff as usual.
Eurosport have decided to show some replayed Top 14 French Rugby Stuff.

The second test is there, live with a 1:30am start on the 8th of November on Eurosport.

The third test isn't on there at all either as the guide hasn't been updated for then.

As you can see guys, replays of Golf and 3 on 3 basket ball and old French club Rugby games are more likely to interest the Australian audience than a live Rugby League test match.

LJC

Juniors
Yeah, just to confirm this for Australian viewers. I've done a check of the Foxtel TV guide and the 1st and 3rd test match isn't on there at all.

https://www.foxtel.com.au/got/whats-on/tv-guide/search?q=rugby league&page=2

The first test is not on there at all. Infact, Foxtel have decided that their sports channels will show the following at the time the test is playing:

Fox Sports 1 - Golf - USPGA CIMB Classic Final Round (replay)
Fox Sports 2 - NBL followed by 3 on 3 basket ball followed by the LIVE darts European Championship.
Fox Sports 3 - NASCAR The Sprint followed by the LIVE NSACAR The Sprint Cup
Fox Sports 4 - EPL - LIVE S'hampton v B'mouth followed by EPL West Brom v Leicester
Fox Sports 5 - Cricket ODI - LIVE Sri Lanka v West Indies followed by LIVE F1 Mexico Pit Lane race followed by LIVE F1 Mexico Race
The ESPN channels are showing NFL stuff as usual.
Eurosport have decided to show some replayed Top 14 French Rugby Stuff.

The second test is there, live with a 1:30am start on the 8th of November on Eurosport.

The third test isn't on there at all either as the guide hasn't been updated for then.

As you can see guys, replays of Golf and 3 on 3 basket ball and old French club Rugby games are more likely to interest the Australian audience than a live Rugby League test match.

From this you can see that Fox has a genuine disregard for rugby league. News Ltd had a lot to do with trying to ruin the game in Australia back in the 1997 Super league farce!

It's clear that this media organization is influenced by RU heads and only for the fact that RL rates well it tolerates covering it. It's a shameful example of mismanagement guided by bigotry. Just lucky our game(RL) rates well on TV!

Last Week

Bench
Interesting my iQ says its on

I have no doubt it will be on, but their own TV guide from their own website says otherwise.

I think this was the case for the 2007 tour aswell. Broadcasting info for Australia wasn't announced until the last minute.

morningstar

Juniors
The 1st test has mysteriously disappeared from both the foxtel and eurosport tv guides now. What the hell is going on?!

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Would be very surprised if these games are shown on Eurosport. The channel/group is heavily pro-union and have been known to buy the rights to league and not show it.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Worried by the above. This needs to be on tv and consodering the gib erish and replays that gets shown on fox like french rugby the bodies should be puahing hard

Matua

Bench
Would be very surprised if these games are shown on Eurosport. The channel/group is heavily pro-union and have been known to buy the rights to league and not show it.
Well that is likely bollocks, if the games don't get shown on Aussie tv it's because Aussie doesn't give a shit about the international game, it's all about Origin for them.

You should be questioning why Fox or Ch9 haven't bought the rights rather than anything to do with Eurosport.

ed612313

Juniors
How do we complain to foxtel? Anyone have a link/address? I really want to watch this series (ps I'm in Sydney)

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Well that is likely bollocks, if the games don't get shown on Aussie tv it's because Aussie doesn't give a shit about the international game, it's all about Origin for them.

You should be questioning why Fox or Ch9 haven't bought the rights rather than anything to do with Eurosport.

It's happened in the past with NRL rights in Europe. Sorry, thought Eurosport had a single programming for all countries, not true it seems.

deluded pom?

Coach

Why's that 'spud? I agree with the comment about the erratic kick off times but it's our home series. Three 3pm kick offs is what should have happened. And all games on Saturdays.