What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capewell

imasharkie

Coach
Clubs chase Sharks forward

Cronulla Sharks second rower Kurt Capewell is another of the NRL out-of-contract contingent being pursued by a number of English clubs. The 25-year-old has racked up over 50 appearances for the Sharks since making his debut in 2016 but has already been offered to Super League clubs for next season.
Leeds are one of the clubs interested with both Jamie Jones-Buchanan and Carl Ablett set to either retire or leave, while Toronto see him as a strong signing for if they make it to Super League. Catalans could also put in a bid for him should Greg Bird decide to retire.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/rumo...Dzukmk6wDyhb3QD5_3y2CF8ANo6xyY9LkHwlSdO_uzlCs

sharkman73

Juniors
Yeah you're right........... oh wait he was added to the Queensland SOO squad. How could that happen!!!!
Nope he'll be in the 17 for the rest of the season, or maybe he'll be running round in Warriors colours..

No chance in he's in the 17 once all forwards are fit.

Where are you going to play him? If your answer is the bench, name your entire bench.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I watched the French Dragons play about a week ago, Bird was one of the best. Cranky old hard head, still sledging and generally a pest, hits hard.

shaggs

Coach
No chance in he's in the 17 once all forwards are fit.

Where are you going to play him? If your answer is the bench, name your entire bench.
I’d he benching wade for a month. Let capewell keep his starting spot.
If he f**ks up in that time then he does, and he is dropped. Just because wade is coming back after not playing a game for 6 months, should one of our better players the past month be dropped

txta2

Bench
Capewell will be the most highly sort after bench player in the comp now he is soo number 20. Good luck at the Warriors bro

Williams will start next year, no doubt. I think the club has given it's indication that B2 will stay. Fifita, Woods and Gal all play big minutes this year. Boogs is a proven performer with experience in big games. Capes has huge utility value. Priz was an SOO front rower 12 months ago and a proven performer.

I am not questioning the form of Uele or Williams. I just think currently there is no room for them with a full strength team.

Who are you guys dropping?

Just my opinion fwiw.

sharkman73

Juniors
Williams will start next year, no doubt. I think the club has given it's indication that B2 will stay. Fifita, Woods and Gal all play big minutes this year. Boogs is a proven performer with experience in big games. Capes has huge utility value. Priz was an SOO front rower 12 months ago and a proven performer.

I am not questioning the form of Uele or Williams. I just think currently there is no room for them with a full strength team.

Just my opinion fwiw.

Personally I'd go with Woods, Williams, Uele and Boogs.

I like Blayke but I don't think he's adding a lot at this stage. Let him go back to the Jets and get more game time.

I also like Capewell, and yes, he provides utility value, but we can cover without him. Moyza or Wade can cover the halves if Chad or SJ goes down. Duges can cover fullback. I reckon Nikora could handle centre on his ear.

Seriously, if the likes of Moyza, SJ, Chad and Wade can't capitalise on the momentum that bench would create then we have issues.

bluefox68

Staff member
I’ll sound like a cracked record, but if we seriously have issues fitting the best players in to the 17, then we need to approach it by considering who the weakest links are. This is not under-7s anymore...!!!

Feki is the weakest link.

Therefore, in order to fit Capewell in, we need him on the wing.

Our best 3 props (on current (2019) form) are Fifita, Woods & Uele. But Prior is class - maybe drop Boogs and have Prior on the bench.

I think Flanno Jnr and Blayke could also drop off for the moment, once we get all our troops back.

Of course, one injury changes everything...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Who would be a coach?

Kyle will miss out, but Chad best be on his toes, is still a better defender than the young fella. Offers similar in attack.

I await to see which of the many options Morris goes with.

Ads

First Grade
Hasn't boogs already been dropped for a game this year? (I am probably wrong).

For me our ideal bench with everyone fit would be Prior, Uele, Williams and Capewell. I like the idea of Woods starting and using Prior in shorter stints. If Blayke is better than his brother then have him playing 80.

M2D2

Bench
I have not seen whats so good about williams that i would keep him there if we are 100% fully fit.

bluefox68

Staff member
Hasn't boogs already been dropped for a game this year? (I am probably wrong).

For me our ideal bench with everyone fit would be Prior, Uele, Williams and Capewell. I like the idea of Woods starting and using Prior in shorter stints. If Blayke is better than his brother then have him playing 80.
Yes, I believe he’s been player # 19 at least once...