What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Capewell

Quigs

Immortal
About as unco as RTS was last night.

So probably the right amount of unco

I am pretty sure that Doogs has just not perfected that little shimmy lightning fasy sidestep just yet.

But he is working on it.

bluefox68

Staff member
It was his line break's momentum which lead to Dugan's match winning try! He's been improving every game this year. Have you seen his stats?
I may have overstated the actual situation to attempt to prove a point.

I actually like Capewell, in the same way that I like Sorensen...

He’s trying really hard, and I accept that he is improving and has some talent (and would destroy me in a football field)...

However, Duges, at his best, is a star...

In regards to Duges, major issue his body is starting to give away already.

1. Fullback has changed, its not just about defusing bomb, and getting as many yards on carryback, but it has developed to ball playing, 2nd 5/8 in a way in attack and Duges has not been able to do this.
2. In regards to being a centre yes he is good, but he is the 3rd best centre at the club behind Morris & Xerri, plus we have another 2 who will push soon Ronaldo and Ferris who is out injured
3. He is left to play wing, Gall said he was not happy about this, but at the sharks that is what is best for the club.

Going forward Duges has 2 options get on board playing wing, take a leaf out of his mate Fergo and be a destructive winger, or seek release from club so the both he and club are happy going forward

bluefox68

Staff member
Stakey, I agree, mate...

Dugan should play wing for the rest of the season...

It’d be great if we could unearth another talent for the left wing...

wibble

Bench
Could be. Looked like Corey Oates chasing that kick today

Looked a bit faster than that!

But yes, similar style with a big, awkward moving but awkward to tackle unit on the wing. Played well, has been good all year, could be worse utility bench options for QLD

Frenzy.

Immortal
Looked a bit faster than that!

But yes, similar style with a big, awkward moving but awkward to tackle unit on the wing. Played well, has been good all year, could be worse utility bench options for QLD

Would be interesting to see the GPS data of that chase.

He may well be faster than Oates but Oates is deceiving. Here is some GPS data from the Telstra tracker from earlier games. Just for fun

1DA8566E-DC93-45AA-9E33-387F819666C4.jpeg

chewsta

First Grade
I've been calling for Capes to the wing for ages. Would be awesome to have a Corey Oates type player out there. Big, powerful and pretty fast. Played as a fullback and centre before flanno turned him into a back rower.

Plus moving Capes out wide is also a great way to make room in the pack/bench for William's or Uele when Woods and Graham return.

wibble

Bench
I've been calling for Capes to the wing for ages. Would be awesome to have a Corey Oates type player out there. Big, powerful and pretty fast. Played as a fullback and centre before flanno turned him into a back rower.

Plus moving Capes out wide is also a great way to make room in the pack/bench for William's or Uele when Woods and Graham return.

Well, I'd have thought that was a ridiculous idea.

But Hamlin-Uele and Williams don't deserve to be dropped, with Woods and Graham back our bench space is tight, and Capewell played better out wide than many of the wingers and centres we have tried this year. It would be equally tough on him to not make the top squad with the form he is in, so maybe he should be a back.

Good issues for Morris to have to sort out.

Jimmy O

Juniors
Well, I'd have thought that was a ridiculous idea.

But Hamlin-Uele and Williams don't deserve to be dropped, with Woods and Graham back our bench space is tight, and Capewell played better out wide than many of the wingers and centres we have tried this year. It would be equally tough on him to not make the top squad with the form he is in, so maybe he should be a back.

Good issues for Morris to have to sort out.

That might just work out. He needs to practice his corner try dives though :joy:

I would prefer that option than seeing Feki at the moment. Like last year this time he needs some time at the jets.

Inferno

Coach
Capes problem is he's a starter. His best games are when he's played either the full 80 or close to it.

He's not an impact player and I can't recall a strong stint from him where he came off the bench.

At full strength I think he'll be the one to be let go unfortunately.

Soon as Graham is back starting he'll be gone while the bench is Woods, Brailey, Uele and Williams.