What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Shut up Karen.
Ben Ikin needs to watch what he says, he has said some pretty moronic things, including @ James Roberts which Greg Inglis had to step in and pull him up on.

He is a moron, he is a has-been that never was, and it won't be long before he is put on the scrap heap. There are a ton of ex-footballers who could slot in and have a ton more sensible commentary to make

Pommy

Coach
Ben Ikin needs to watch what he says, he has said some pretty moronic things, including @ James Roberts which Greg Inglis had to step in and pull him up on.

He is a moron, he is a has-been that never was, and it won't be long before he is put on the scrap heap. There are a ton of ex-footballers who could slot in and have a ton more sensible commentary to make

Myer I care a lot more about what he has to say than Wayne’s Karen.

Travitoh

First Grade

Ben Ikin's job, just like any other Fox Sports journo is to grab headlines, not necessarily to be right.

In this instance though, what has Ikin said that is so 'moronic'? It's actually a surprisingly measured response that has only been made personal by Bennett's current side piece.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Ben Ikin's job, just like any other Fox Sports journo is to grab headlines, not necessarily to be right.

In this instance though, what has Ikin said that is so 'moronic'? It's actually a surprisingly measured response that has only been made personal by Bennett's current side piece.
I didn't say his comment was moronic, I said he was a moron.

But since you raise it, certainly his comments about James Roberts being "self-entitled" and should quit and go back to park football WERE moronic and completely ignorant and insensitive of Roberts' plight, who obviously suffers from depression. And Greg Inglis, who also suffers from depression, called him out over it. Organisations like Beyond Blue, Black Dog etc are trying to educate society against these stigmas which Ikin apparently seems to be dismissive of.

And also since you raise it, you are saying..."made personal by Bennett...." Actually I think you got it backwards. Isn't Bennett's daughter married to Ikin, and the mother being the woman Bennett left to be with his current partner? Yeah this is certainly personal alright, with the first shot fired by Ikin with his attention grabbing over the top rope comments about Bennett.

Last edited:

Travitoh

First Grade
I didn't say his comment was moronic, I said he was a moron.

But since you raise it, certainly his comments about James Roberts being "self-entitled" and should quit and go back to park football WERE moronic and completely ignorant and insensitive of Roberts' plight, who obviously suffers from depression. And Greg Inglis, who also suffers from depression, called him out over it. Organisations like Beyond Blue, Black Dog etc are trying to educate society against these stigmas which Ikin apparently seems to be dismissive of.

And also since you raise it, you are saying..."made personal by Bennett...." Actually I think you got it backwards. Isn't Bennett's daughter married to Ikin, and the mother being the woman Bennett left to be with his current partner? Yeah this is certainly personal alright, with the first shot fired by Ikin with his attention grabbing over the top rope comments about Bennett.

Nothing Ikin said about Bennett's decision to break the NRL's COVID rules (Which Bennett was involved in setting up btw) and then his lack of maturity to own up to what he did was a personal attack. He was a Fox League panelist on an opinion show giving his opinion. There were no personal comments aimed at Bennett himself, only his actions during the week. And if you're looking to defend Bennett here, you're wrong.

If anything, Ikin will more often than not praise Bennett on 360. Hardly the actions of someone with a personal agenda.

Dale is the one who has made things personal by taking to Instagram. At least people know who she is now, good for her.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Nothing Ikin said about Bennett's decision to break the NRL's COVID rules (Which Bennett was involved in setting up btw) and then his lack of maturity to own up to what he did was a personal attack. He was a Fox League panelist on an opinion show giving his opinion. There were no personal comments aimed at Bennett himself, only his actions during the week. And if you're looking to defend Bennett here, you're wrong.

If anything, Ikin will more often than not praise Bennett on 360. Hardly the actions of someone with a personal agenda.

Dale is the one who has made things personal by taking to Instagram. At least people know who she is now, good for her.
I'm not defending Bennett's actions, who did admit to not being the first breach. It was wrong.
Didn't Vaughan give fake ID or denied it was him when he was caught? Is he "arrogant" too? Funny, don't remember Ikin saying anything about him. Same with Alan Langer. And there will be others, we'll see what he says then

Travitoh

First Grade
I'm not defending Bennett's actions, who did admit to not being the first breach. It was wrong.
Didn't Vaughan give fake ID or denied it was him when he was caught? Is he "arrogant" too? Funny, don't remember Ikin saying anything about him. Same with Alan Langer. And there will be others, we'll see what he says then

You'll find that in the cases of Vaughan and Langer, they did own up when questioned. Vaughan denied the use of a fake name. They didn't try to throw shade by questioning their right to a meal.

Bennett's breach was the news of the day, mostly down to the way he reacted to being caught. Ben Ikin wasn't the only journo commenting on the breach but he's the only one being singled out.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
You'll find that in the cases of Vaughan and Langer, they did own up when questioned. Vaughan denied the use of a fake name. They didn't try to throw shade by questioning their right to a meal.

Bennett's breach was the news of the day, mostly down to the way he reacted to being caught. Ben Ikin wasn't the only journo commenting on the breach but he's the only one being singled out.
Look Travitoh, I respect your view, I find you to be a logical poster who is able to state a case down the line, fair and with thought and respect for other views. But on this you're not going to change my mind on this. Ikin is a dog. He never apologized for his ignorant comments about Roberts and until he acknowledges his failings, he will remain being a dog.

Travitoh

First Grade
Look Travitoh, I respect your view, I find you to be a logical poster who is able to state a case down the line, fair and with thought and respect for other views. But on this you're not going to change my mind on this. Ikin is a dog. He never apologized for his ignorant comments about Roberts and until he acknowledges his failings, he will remain being a dog.

Ben Ikin isn't a dog. Dogs are great pets that i like.
Ben Ikin is a Fox Sports journalist, the male equivalent of Womens Weekly reporting. It's gutter journalism that is all about creating headlines and outrage. I refuse to click on any Fox Sports article.
But my opinion in this instance, the story is made by Dale's Instagram post, not a 'journalist' trying to create controversy out of nothing.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Ben Ikin isn't a dog. Dogs are great pets that i like.
Ben Ikin is a Fox Sports journalist, the male equivalent of Womens Weekly reporting. It's gutter journalism that is all about creating headlines and outrage. I refuse to click on any Fox Sports article.
But my opinion in this instance, the story is made by Dale's Instagram post, not a 'journalist' trying to create controversy out of nothing.
Fair enough, good comment

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Rumours emerging that Bayley Sironen is another player that could potentially be squeezed out due to the salary cap.

I don't want to lose him at all. He's a future star and said in his interview yesterday he'd love to stay. Hope it's not true.