What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron McInnes

Who’s the better dummyhalf for ‘22 & ‘23?

• Cameron McInnes

Votes: 46 54.8%
  • Ben Hunt

Votes: 38 45.2%

• Total voters

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Geez Muzby..... that’s pretty lame. You must be hurting. For the record we’re aiming for the semis for the 7th year straight in ‘21. In that time if I’m correct you guys have totaled 1 semi-final?
Again I’ll point out that if you’re going to troll, at least be factual or funny..

But it’s a foolish man who banks the result of next season before a ball has even been kicked in this one..

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Says it pretty much there...
Are you concerned , also, with the size of your back row if CM joins Graham and co , if he has indeed been signed as a 13 ??
Anyway good luck to him and the Sharks ....Once they have signed else where , the actual loyalty thing with his current club , is a pill i find hard to swallow , and in this case being Current Captain makes it that tad harder
Not really.... with the way the game is changing and will continue to get faster again this year.... these mobile backrowers will become more and more common....especially ones that can play for 80 mins are pretty rare.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Again I’ll point out that if you’re going to troll, at least be factual or funny..

But it’s a foolish man who banks the result of next season before a ball has even been kicked in this one..
Usually enjoy your wit and banter Musby but clearly you’re struggling atm. Leave you with it.

TheBlackKnight

Juniors
SEN Radio this afternoon is speculating that Cam will turn out for the Sharks in Round 1 this year. I think he knocked that on the head in his press conference yesterday but the media is now suggesting he will leave the Dragons before a game is played this year and line up for Cronulla.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
SEN Radio this afternoon is speculating that Cam will turn out for the Sharks in Round 1 this year. I think he knocked that on the head in his press conference yesterday but the media is now suggesting he will leave the Dragons before a game is played this year and line up for Cronulla.
McInnes is a great hooker but we won’t have him next year and won’t win the comp this year so will have to look elsewhere. If he plays at lock, as good as he is a potential pairing of say 13.JDB 9.Hunt 7.Norman 6.Sullivan looks better than me than 13.McInnes 9.McCullough 7.Hunt 6.Norman and is not beyond the realms of possibility if a few things go our way. Long story short it’s time to look to the future anyway.

Regardless about just how much McInnes has brought to the Dragons - and it was / is plenty , the fact remains that as far as our forward stocks go we have no real ‘ leader of the pack ‘ .

And that will be our downfall this season , unless Griffin is able to pull a rabbit out of the hat and very quickly .

We had the same issue and recruited Tamou. Our first real signing. He didn’t come cheaply.

Its funny how us battling sides can never afford breadth let alone depth!

So we have a Tamou but no fullback and rakes who aren’t shaving yet. Some ball boys for depth.

On paper you much more quality, getting them to play is another issue as you say!

Old Timer

Coach
I have been thinking a bit more about the Mc Innes, Mary, Hook, StGI no offer, Sharks offer and signing scenario and no doubt I could be well off the mark but the some of the following may be somewhat correct.
Knowing our mob and the looking at the last couple of years let alone days days anything is possible.
  1. I'll start with the signing of Ben Hunt as I think that is where some of the issues with Mc Innes may arise. Hunt was purchased exclusively as a half on big $$$ and due to whatever reasons he has been poor and underachieved. It is no secret that he was the big gun buy for Mary and he totally misfired as our half and in an effort to get some value for money out of the big $$$$ Hunt was getting Mary moved him to bench hooker then permanent hooker. Mc Innes who was purchased exclusively as a hooker and on far less $$ and despite his good form was then moved to 13.
  2. Next I''ll go to JDB as his situation also has some role to play in it as well IMO. JDB has made rep footy and was also now getting good $$$ ends up being stood down for let's say stupidity and if nothing else carelessness. This ends up putting unbelievable pressure on the team and Mary's ultimate inability to coach means a plethora of players come and go at 13 none with any real success and then that jersey is given to Mc Innes who willingly (???) takes on the role and actually does very well and certainly much better than anyone else who was selected there. This "success" is twofold for Mary as he has somewhat covered off for JDB as Mc Innes is earning plenty of wraps for his efforts at 13 and also gets into the blues squad which Mary takes credit in and combined with that Hunt is selected for Qld as a back up hooker / half and Mary thinks / looks like he has been masterful and Mc Innes may very well have been led to believe any or all of it. During this time the De Belin saga keeps playing out and the club announce they are sticking buy him, keeping him in the training squad and further more willing to resign him and increase his $$$.
  3. So a misfiring half had usurped the purpose bought hooker and that same misfiring half has taken up his player option early and remains on big $$$. It should be noted that the "success" Hunt at hooker for Qld was very short lived and ultimately he was dropped from the team and Hunt's performances completely overshadowed by a rookie.
  4. The lock forward in limbo for 2 full years is assured of a new contract and an upgrade and will most likely immediately resume that position as soon as he is available and little or no regard for Mr Fixit Mc Innes.
  5. So with points 3 & 4 being played out Mc Innes probably wants some certainty especially since his "coach that got him a rep footy start" has been given the arse.
  6. Enter Hook & Co who are there to clean up an unbelievable mess of a mismanaged roster in terms of coaching, skills, contracts and cap management. Hook puts his hands up and says wait on a minute lets' pull tis all apart and see what we have got here before we do anything. Hunt you are playing half as that is what you were signed for and paid to do, Mc Innes you are playing hooker as that is what you were signed for and paid to do, JDB you f**k off to CC training and we will re think your position later but we will not be distracted by your presence and we will think about our options as to who plays lock.
  7. Well Hunt is looked after, JDB is secure but Mc Innes who has proven to be our best performer for 2 years and taken on the poisoned chalice of Captain and changed position for the good of the club busting his arse week in week out and making a rep side is told he has to wait and be patient as to when we will discuss his future.
  8. If any of this is remotely correct then I too would be pissed off having given my all and watching 2 others 1 of which has not played that well and certainly not consistently and the other not played at all for 2 years being better catered for.
  9. No doubt Mc Innes would think he owes Mary something as after all Mc Innes did get moved to lock and did make a rep team as a result of that and if Mc Innes liked being in the rep team and his versatility was part of that selection then going back to hooker would have been probably the last thing he wanted to do.
  10. So it is not entirely improbable that Mc Innes's actions are triggered off by a half that never produced nearly enough and a lock forward that is in fact not eligible to play. Mary has had a hand in almost all of it.

Tiger Shark

Bench

If it was to happen surely they'd be a clause that he doesn't play against the Dragons for at least Rd 1 and maybe if we play you again (I haven't examined the draw that closely)

yadamisha

Juniors
Well no, clearly not.

They’re not playing individually in the NRL & haven’t been for a long long time.

Any halfwit knows that.

If you’re going to try and troll, at least either be factual or funny.

This statement makes you look idiotic. Are you really that defensive about the merger to state this! Where do I state they are individual teams rather than the merger they are :rolleyes:

Or are you just trying to deflect that you know the 'Dragons based out of Wollongong' will continue to not play finals for a long time!

Is this a more simplified way of saying it for you?

Nothing I said is not factual.

Last edited:

to_ddeath

Coach
This statement makes you look idiotic. Are you really that defensive about the merger to state this! Where do I state they are individual teams rather than the merger they are :rolleyes:

Or are you just trying to deflect that you know the 'Dragons based out of Wollongong' will continue to not play finals for a long time!

Can the Scumulla section of LU bring some better quality trolls?
This is getting rather tedious...

to_ddeath

Coach
Geez Muzby..... that’s pretty lame. You must be hurting. For the record we’re aiming for the semis for the 7th year straight in ‘21. In that time if I’m correct you guys have totaled 1 semi-final?

Rather boastful considering there’s a 50% chance of making the 8...
BTW it’s a total of 3 semi appearances in the last 6 seasons for 1 win.
Shocking record I know but at least get it half right...

Reading between the lines so to speak Cam’s interview highlighted:

1. The game is a business

2. I got an offer that suited me so I took it

3. Saints weren’t going to make an offer till they had evaluated the squad and salary cap ramifications

4. He felt our last few seasons had been poor so he had no qualms in signing with another club as virtually any club was likely to be more successful than us

5. Job security is paramount

6. Being Captain meant very little to Cam

All unremarkable points I know :))

Oh for the days when guys pulled on the jersey and grew 10 feet tall

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

It’s true..

Shark tears are indeed salty..

It’s funny when you’re trying to say that dragons playing out of Wollongong is an insult..

All the while forgetting that the Sharks are playing out of kogarah..

lol@sharts

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I have been thinking a bit more about the Mc Innes, Mary, Hook, StGI no offer, Sharks offer and signing scenario and no doubt I could be well off the mark but the some of the following may be somewhat correct.
Knowing our mob and the looking at the last couple of years let alone days days anything is possible.
  1. I'll start with the signing of Ben Hunt as I think that is where some of the issues with Mc Innes may arise. Hunt was purchased exclusively as a half on big $$$ and due to whatever reasons he has been poor and underachieved. It is no secret that he was the big gun buy for Mary and he totally misfired as our half and in an effort to get some value for money out of the big $$$$ Hunt was getting Mary moved him to bench hooker then permanent hooker. Mc Innes who was purchased exclusively as a hooker and on far less $$ and despite his good form was then moved to 13.
  2. Next I''ll go to JDB as his situation also has some role to play in it as well IMO. JDB has made rep footy and was also now getting good $$$ ends up being stood down for let's say stupidity and if nothing else carelessness. This ends up putting unbelievable pressure on the team and Mary's ultimate inability to coach means a plethora of players come and go at 13 none with any real success and then that jersey is given to Mc Innes who willingly (???) takes on the role and actually does very well and certainly much better than anyone else who was selected there. This "success" is twofold for Mary as he has somewhat covered off for JDB as Mc Innes is earning plenty of wraps for his efforts at 13 and also gets into the blues squad which Mary takes credit in and combined with that Hunt is selected for Qld as a back up hooker / half and Mary thinks / looks like he has been masterful and Mc Innes may very well have been led to believe any or all of it. During this time the De Belin saga keeps playing out and the club announce they are sticking buy him, keeping him in the training squad and further more willing to resign him and increase his $$$.
  3. So a misfiring half had usurped the purpose bought hooker and that same misfiring half has taken up his player option early and remains on big $$$. It should be noted that the "success" Hunt at hooker for Qld was very short lived and ultimately he was dropped from the team and Hunt's performances completely overshadowed by a rookie.
  4. The lock forward in limbo for 2 full years is assured of a new contract and an upgrade and will most likely immediately resume that position as soon as he is available and little or no regard for Mr Fixit Mc Innes.
  5. So with points 3 & 4 being played out Mc Innes probably wants some certainty especially since his "coach that got him a rep footy start" has been given the arse.
  6. Enter Hook & Co who are there to clean up an unbelievable mess of a mismanaged roster in terms of coaching, skills, contracts and cap management. Hook puts his hands up and says wait on a minute lets' pull tis all apart and see what we have got here before we do anything. Hunt you are playing half as that is what you were signed for and paid to do, Mc Innes you are playing hooker as that is what you were signed for and paid to do, JDB you f**k off to CC training and we will re think your position later but we will not be distracted by your presence and we will think about our options as to who plays lock.
  7. Well Hunt is looked after, JDB is secure but Mc Innes who has proven to be our best performer for 2 years and taken on the poisoned chalice of Captain and changed position for the good of the club busting his arse week in week out and making a rep side is told he has to wait and be patient as to when we will discuss his future.
  8. If any of this is remotely correct then I too would be pissed off having given my all and watching 2 others 1 of which has not played that well and certainly not consistently and the other not played at all for 2 years being better catered for.
  9. No doubt Mc Innes would think he owes Mary something as after all Mc Innes did get moved to lock and did make a rep team as a result of that and if Mc Innes liked being in the rep team and his versatility was part of that selection then going back to hooker would have been probably the last thing he wanted to do.
  10. So it is not entirely improbable that Mc Innes's actions are triggered off by a half that never produced nearly enough and a lock forward that is in fact not eligible to play. Mary has had a hand in almost all of it.
Is anything not Ben Hunt’s fault?

yadamisha

Juniors
It’s true..

Shark tears are indeed salty..

It’s funny when you’re trying to say that dragons playing out of Wollongong is an insult..

All the while forgetting that the Sharks are playing out of kogarah..

lol@sharts

Salty why? Sharks playing out of that running track is temporary whilst Shark Park is upgraded (first of many to come), unlike you out of Wollongong which is your future :)