What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Samuela Fainu (G1 careless high tackle) facing a $1,000-$1,500 fine and free to play next week.

NZ’s Zyon Maiu’u facing 4-5 weeks for his high shot on Declan Casey.

Tigerm

First Grade
lucky boy, he did 2 stupid swinging arms. like his aggression but needs to reel it in.
Did any of the young blokes stand out for you?

I thought both Lobb and Willet, showed good signs, in the backs.
The Penrith guy, Lui Toso seemed keen.
Mattai didn’t seem to phased by the opportunity?
A few of the others were OK, but imo, showed there not yet ready, but it was a good experience for all of them.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Did any of the young blokes stand out for you?

I thought both Lobb and Willet, showed good signs, in the backs.
The Penrith guy, Lui Toso seemed keen.
Mattai didn’t seem to phased by the opportunity?
A few of the others were OK, but imo, showed there not yet ready, but it was a good experience for all of them.

Thought a alot of them struggled tbh

Agree Lobb looked the best, was surprised at how well Willett handled the step up considering hes only played 2 Ball games. Sukkar looked ok too. Mason, Lauilili, Vaihu all struggled. TDS aint ready for fulltime NRL either.

Nutz

Bench
Who was the left winger who got dragged into touch 2nd half. Was it Willet, I can't remember.
I thought once your elbows were on the ground you couldn't be dragged into touch?
Regardless of the rule our player showed inexperience by not diving to the ground away from the sideline. He motioned his body towards the sidelines and was easy pickings.
Imagine if that cost us an NRL game....fix those sort of things up asap.

Nutz

Bench

Agree Lobb looked the best, was surprised at how well Willett handled the step up considering hes only played 2 Ball games. Sukkar looked ok too. Mason, Lauilili, Vaihu all struggled. TDS aint ready for fulltime NRL either.
TDS should have owned that second half against tired forwards...he looked a bit lost.
He did make some goods runs and tackled some big men so I can't be too hard on him...still developing.
I thought Staines played with NRL type intensity, he's going to have a big year imo and at 359k will be a great cash cow for rd2

WA Tiger

Bench
Benji has knocked the silly hop and step out of Klemmers run up, about time.. All the forwards ran like they were hell bent on breaking the tackle even after the initial contact, like all the top teams do..our defence was intimidating..None of our tries were flukes..finer details I missed as I was watching the first half on my phone at woollies and while driving

Tigerm

First Grade

Thinking about it, it’s highlighted again, the step up from boys to men is a big one and not all the young superstars are going to make it.

Nutz

Bench
It's how these young players are developed imo. Some successful clubs seem to be able to turn a rock into gold. We said earlier that players like Da Silva has Benji, Robbie and Api to help develop him but atm he's still in the barrier stall.
I think he'll be a goodin but he's 1-2yrs to go imo.
If he fails, did the club fail?

Nutz

Bench
I want to see our club churn out at least 3 marquee players within 4 years.
To be successful we need some pathway players that are the next big thing like Tedesco, Moses, Marshall etc.
Do we have any candidates, real possibilities?
Da Silva
Lachlan Galvin
Jahream Bula
Jordan Miller
Who else?

Tigerm

First Grade
I want to see our club churn out at least 3 marquee players within 4 years.
To be successful we need some pathway players that are the next big thing like Tedesco, Moses, Marshall etc.
Do we have any candidates, real possibilities?
Da Silva
Lachlan Galvin
Jahream Bula
Jordan Miller
Who else?
Gee, that's a hard one, isn't it. Who knows how they will develop as they get older, I mean they may have peaked at 18?
But TDS, Pole and Matamua, seem likely. I've never seen Galvin play (not that that means much)

Tigerm

First Grade
It's how these young players are developed imo. Some successful clubs seem to be able to turn a rock into gold. We said earlier that players like Da Silva has Benji, Robbie and Api to help develop him but atm he's still in the barrier stall.
I think he'll be a goodin but he's 1-2yrs to go imo.
If he fails, did the club fail?
It depends who you ask? hahaha

I was heavily involved with a junior club, some real good players came through, but girls, booze, drugs and the need to earn a dollar, overtakes their footy desire.
One kid said to me, he was 18 and a pretty good player, that he had been playing since he was 5 and wanted to do other things, like going snow skiing? Don't if he ever went, but he did give up footy.

Last edited:

Bruz

Juniors
Mata
Gee, that's a hard one, isn't it. Who knows how they will develop as they get older, I mean they may have peaked at 18?
But TDS, Pole and Matamua, seem likely. I've never seen Galvin play (not that that means much)
Matamua has been coming off the bench in the reserves at training from what ive seen , he is miles away

Pezz70

Juniors
Da Silva showed enough last year to expect that he is going to be NRL level.

The base is there for a decent side, we need significant improvement this year, we have a couple of good players contracted until 2027, that would be picked up by other clubs in a heart beat , success will ensure that they stay, mediocrity will shift them to looking elsewhere, we don’t need the instability that brings.

I think tigers need to be top10 this year, but I’m not sure they’re anywhere near that yet

Nutz

Bench
Da Silva showed enough last year to expect that he is going to be NRL level.

The base is there for a decent side, we need significant improvement this year, we have a couple of good players contracted until 2027, that would be picked up by other clubs in a heart beat , success will ensure that they stay, mediocrity will shift them to looking elsewhere, we don’t need the instability that brings.

I think tigers need to be top10 this year, but I’m not sure they’re anywhere near that yet
Well they have to be fitter and better in the middle defending to advance.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Pretty much our full strength team named for trial against Dragon. Bateman is the only player of note that's missing. Is he injured?

I really wasn't impressed with our performance in the warriors game. Half of their round 1 starting 17 weren't playing, 13 on 12 for 50 mins, and we BARELY scraped the win.

Dragons are a complete basket case. I won't accept anything less than a flogging.