What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fisher-Harris Released - ???

martielang

Bench
I’d be shocked if we were. Tago and May just got more money; if the rumours are true it was an extra 400k a year for Tago, so that is a majority of what we were paying Luai. May is probably looking at a 200k increase. Add another 150k at the bottom to sign another minimum wage player and the replace Luai with a cheapie has just allowed us to pay for Tago and May’s upgrades.

It will be the same in the front row. JFH was on good coin, but it is likely that once we bring in another cheapie, and upgrade Smith, Henry and Kenny we won't have a lot of cash to make a splash.

We have the best juniors in the league and that is our competitive advantage. The fact that we have players on 150-300k pay packets who are consistently having there next contract be $200-300k more demonstrates value.

I think the real question is do we back the likes of Smith and Henry or do we go to market and replace them with someone at similar coin? Because I think it is unlikely we go after someone established.

The club would always be forward planning though. They’d see the trajectory of Tago and May and put it into the salary spreadsheet. Turuva probably the one who feels it with those two unfortunately.

‘Semi big name’ is probably over exaggeration/excitement from my end. You’re probably right in the fact that we wouldn’t have the $850k to play with but I’d expect us to look at players of the calibre of a Jolliffe or Palasia, experienced forwards who still have upside. Even someone like Daniel Saifiti, I assume he isn’t stoked coming off the bench, although he’s probably found his ceiling.

Still think there’s merit in moving Martin and getting a Schuster or similar.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t disagree, but we just haven’t operated that way for a long time now.

What do we qualify as a statement signing?

NAS , TPJ, I’m sure they may be available?

David Fafita would be a 100/1. Not gonna happen.

Fringe signing at best and we will rely on what we have within our ranks that is the way this will pan out.

As far as an immediate replacement for JFH we have his replacement in Liam Henry.

No way we go into next year having all this money and a 2nd year prop like Henry is our starter.

As much as I rate Luron. No way he is either. Sometimes we need to bring guys in and a prop in the middle of their career is the minimum we can carry.

Iamback

Coach
Oh dear you hate to see it, wanting Fatso2?

The news of losing JFH has broken our sweet little Soc.

If true he is getting his contract gone. We could get him for $200k then move Sorro. Then it is a different story than an $800k reserve grader like he is now

Iamback

Coach
The club would always be forward planning though. They’d see the trajectory of Tago and May and put it into the salary spreadsheet. Turuva probably the one who feels it with those two unfortunately.

‘Semi big name’ is probably over exaggeration/excitement from my end. You’re probably right in the fact that we wouldn’t have the $850k to play with but I’d expect us to look at players of the calibre of a Jolliffe or Palasia, experienced forwards who still have upside. Even someone like Daniel Saifiti, I assume he isn’t stoked coming off the bench, although he’s probably found his ceiling.

Still think there’s merit in moving Martin and getting a Schuster or similar.

We offered Luai $850k. That would cover the May/Tago extensions.

So we would have a good slab of cash to spend

Kilkenny

Coach
No way we go into next year having all this money and a 2nd year prop like Henry is our starter.

As much as I rate Luron. No way he is either. Sometimes we need to bring guys in and a prop in the middle of their career is the minimum we can carry.
Henry will be starting,

Kilkenny

Coach
The whole merry go round, just because JFH is leaving we somehow have this huge amount of cash to spend. I’m just not sure it works that way.

Iamback

Coach
The whole merry go round, just because JFH is leaving we somehow have this huge amount of cash to spend. I’m just not sure it works that way.

Fish was contracted for 2 years on roughly $800k.

He now leaves that gives us $800k. Given it was unplanned than the club wouldn't of used that money

Kenny
May
Tago

all would of re-signed using the Luai money

So why would the club not have the Fish money to spend?

soc123_au

Staff member
Oh dear you hate to see it, wanting Fatso2?

The news of losing JFH has broken our sweet little Soc.
I didn't say wave a contract in front of him. Worth a chat though, you guys did f**k all with Api and then Ivan got him humming. No reason Fatso couldn't be a chance of coming good. He ticks the Samoan from the Druitt box at least.

Kilkenny

Coach
Fish was contracted for 2 years on roughly $800k.

He now leaves that gives us $800k. Given it was unplanned than the club wouldn't of used that money

Kenny
May
Tago

all would of re-signed using the Luai money

So why would the club not have the Fish money to spend?
Maybe we do, just don’t be shocked when we don’t. We’ve seen it each and every season for the last three seasons. Huge outgoings, no incomings of note. You think we now have a pot of gold all I am saying is it is quite going to be as big as you think.

Someone2

Juniors
I'll stop you now, matterson is gutless, he also doesn't make your team better, the two you mentioned before hand are solid and can be built-up to be worthy
Time to change your avatar bud

I’ve always wanted to see JFH get in the boxing ring with Paulo but I might start liking him now

MugaB

Coach
Time to change your avatar bud

I’ve always wanted to see JFH get in the boxing ring with Paulo but I might start liking him now
No fkn way, I love that avatar, and I like the wahs too
I'll change the avatar when fish does the same thing in a wahs jersey, till then wallow in you're own pawwa filth... and suffer in your jocks, coz your our sons.... hey yea... and we're your DADDYs!

Latest posts