What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic Manly Fans

innsaneink

Referee
Yep...putridly pathetic.

goon.jpg

ceagle

Bench
Having it at the SFS definitely keeps away the casual fans from attending. If we played against a team that didn't have the least support in Sydney we would of had 20k easy. Still it is piss poor crowd but I expect us to turn up for the Prelim.

thorson1987

Coach
i will say one thing though. Who the f**k decided on the 8:30pm kick off.

Brisbane v Warriors should have been at 5:30 the Manly v Cows should have been 7:30

undertaker

Coach
It was terrible. However when you consider the Friday game only drew 45k, that's 22.5k each team. One of those sides is a merged entity with 2 sets fans, the other the most followed team in the league or close to it. Last night 99% of the crowd was Manly fans but the 8.30 timeslot kept away families, I did not notice many kids at all. If the game was earlier there would have been 20k.

that's a piss weak excuse. How do you explain the 19-20,000 home crowds that Manly got in 2007 and 2008, that were also in the 8:30 timeslot?

sting

Bench
No excuses Manly fans, it was a piss poor effort.

And to Oval, who is getting all hysterical asking what are people suggesting we do?

We there's nothing the NRL can do really, it should be up to Manly to deal with their own supporters. Maybe if they organised buses from the leagues club or something it could have worked better.

It's a joke though, Kogarah/Gong/Campbeltown - ANZ is more of a trek than Manly - City

Maybe we should merge them with Cronulla and have 6 games a year at Brookie and 6 at Shark Park

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I thought the crowd was pathetic.

But I do agree about the comments against the time slot. It really does take a lot of families out of the equation.

Danish

Referee
Come on manly fans, you can find more excuses than late timeslot and distance.

Surely David Gallop should have taken that $100k fine and paid for taxis for all 300 manly members to cab it to the game? They took the finals system over so it's not manly's fans fault they don't go to games anymore... Kinda like how it's not manly's players fault that they gang bash people on the field

Mader45

Juniors
Was at the game. Generally used to alot of good sorts at a Manly game. Saw bugger all. And was seated next to a hyperactive 70 year old lady who doesnt watch league cause she thinks its not violent enough but got back into it thanks to the Brookie fight. How the hell do you target that demographic!

i will say one thing though. Who the f**k decided on the 8:30pm kick off.

Brisbane v Warriors should have been at 5:30 the Manly v Cows should have been 7:30

Exactly. Brain fade big time, but probably it was all Channel 9's doing. They could have even swapped the games so this one was the 5:30pm game.

As for the 'protest' thing, it isn't going to work. Next year the finals venues will be the same and it will continue. Not turning up to the game doesn't do anything for the cause.

Shorty

Staff member
Was at the game. Generally used to alot of good sorts at a Manly game. Saw bugger all. And was seated next to a hyperactive 70 year old lady who doesnt watch league cause she thinks its not violent enough but got back into it thanks to the Brookie fight. How the hell do you target that demographic!
LOL:lol:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I find it funny though we have fans of other teams in here who no doubt live Sydney. I live in Brisbane, and went to the dead rubber against Brisbane last week with my family. My question to all of you, is, it was a final... Why didn't YOU go if you feel so passionate about it?

Not my team I don't give a shit.

What's the go with Manly fans booing all the time when there is a player coming off or even when the Cowboys came back on at half time ??....it is fine to not like the opposition but booing each time something occurs is feral IMO.

Lmao booing when they come back on at half time is poor form? Soft c**k.

What is it with Melbourne fans whinging about booing? There was a Storm fan last week sitting behind me complaining about the fans booing Melbourne on the field, maybe it was you? If it was you sit with the friggin Melbourne fans next time!!