What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic Manly Fans

Shorty

Staff member
Anyone with a clue, and there seems to be not many in here...
Would know that manly have been targeting a younger fan base, most with young families, so the 8.30 time slot on a cold saturday night against an out of sysdney side was always going to be a disaster. The NRL was hoping for 20K only, given the weather / Timslot / & cowboys I think they did well to get 13K
But hey most on here seem to be enjoying finding things to hate manly for... so don't let common sense get in the way, continue with the blind hatred.
No, 13 k isn't very good...what world do you live in? It's a finals game.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Not good at all. Should have been about 20k. But:
- Meant you can't watch the other final.
- Bad public transport to the Beaches
- Game finished past 10.30pm. Anyone with young kids meant getting home at 11.30pm, which doesn't really work.

El Diablo

Post Whore
:lol: @ Manly fans trying to bag teams who got bigger crowds than 13,000

wtf is it with these toothless morons :crazy:

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
8.30 time slot was a problem on a rainy day anywhere, but lets put the boot into the eagles some more... premiership winning merkins.

Shorty

Staff member
It's got nothing to do with the Eagles, it's got to do with the embarrassment of a crowd and what message that sends to rival codes.
13k is NOT good enough for any reason.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah i read the quote and I replied because I can't see what manly has to do with canberra (a single team town) selling out the first home semi in canberra for a few years??/??
:crazy:

The guy said that everybody in Canberra leaves on the weekend and the Raiders can't sell out a game. I pointed out they could.

I disputed his point. What don't you get?

Does 2 + 2 = 5 to you?

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
The guy said that everybody in Canberra leaves on the weekend and the Raiders can't sell out a game. I pointed out they could.

I disputed his point. What don't you get?

Does 2 + 2 = 5 to you?
Well played taking a personal swipe at me cograts on that, I was only questioning why you needed to have a go at manly in your defensce of canberra, I didn't agree with what he was saying.
But hey give us an idea of the weather from up there on your high horse....

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Well played taking a personal swipe at me cograts on that, I was only questioning why you needed to have a go at manly in your defensce of canberra, I didn't agree with what he was saying.
But hey give us an idea of the weather from up there on your high horse....

Geez mate, you'll have a hard time around this joint if you consider that a personal swipe :lol:

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Its allways a tough time being a manly fan, and after the last coupe of weeks, not surprising for a manly fan to be a little defensive.
I do get where you were coming from though, the dig at canberra was a lttle rediculious

bennoonthehill

Juniors
It can't be that hard for you to travel less then an hour to support your team. Several teams in the Nrl have fans whom travel several hours to see their team play. Apparently it's far to much of an ask for you to travel. Not to mention that the few fans that decide to turn up for your game are absolute merkins and thinks it's appropriate to boo a player off who is on a Medi-Cab with a potentially serious neck injury. Stay classy Manly

I was right in the thick of it, the crowd were booing a security guard who made a dude with 'Should have been at Brookie' sign sit down. Why the f**k would we boo an injured player? But don't let the truth get in the way of a chance to take a cheap shot at Manly. We love that you hate us, because we know it hurts that much more if we win.

As for the crowd - under 14000 was weak as piss, not gonna defend it. If i could make the game despite having to be up at 3:30 am for work, then none of the fair weather fans who couldn't be bothered have any excuse.

El Diablo

Post Whore
It's got nothing to do with the Eagles.

yes it has

Manly don't draw crowds and their games don't rate highly

they are hardly supported

they have maybe 5 local juniors in the whole NRL too

they should be punted and bring in the CC Bears. at least they offer something