What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pathetic Manly Fans

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Did you happen to go to the Friday night game or any finals game last year? I bet you the overwhelming majority of Manly fans didn't

I went to the GC final last year. I had stuff on Friday, so no... I watched the replay on Fox late at night.

The point I'm making though, you are taking a swing at the crowd at the Manly game, but are not willing to do anything about it.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
:lol:

Yep, it's the test of sydney's fault you only have a few thousand non-lazy "fans" willing to drive to a game.

That's the best excuse so far, keep em coming manly fans

You are a roosters fan? You got 23k vs Penrith last year in a final you could actually be eliminated from...

BunniesMan

Immortal
Manly fans having a whinge because they couldn't be arsed driving 20k's to watch their team in a final. Harden the f**k up. As Vossy said on the Roast today, no finals should ever be played on suburban grounds ever again. We need to start aiming higher.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Manly fans having a whinge because they couldn't be arsed driving 20k's to watch their team in a final. Harden the f**k up. As Vossy said on the Roast today, no finals should ever be played on suburban grounds ever again. We need to start aiming higher.

It's good that the bunnies have put long term planning in place. In the remote eventuality that you make the 8 your homeground is already finals approved.

I agree with your sentiment about suburban grounds.

i will say one thing though. Who the f**k decided on the 8:30pm kick off.

Brisbane v Warriors should have been at 5:30 the Manly v Cows should have been 7:30
yep spot on
8:30 sat nite is family unfriendly
I didnt get home till after 12 because I drove
if I had to rely on the train well thats another story

Fibroman

First Grade
I hate them. I truly hate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Peters after Peters. Absolute G.R.U.B.S.

Dogs Of War

Coach
i will say one thing though. Who the f**k decided on the 8:30pm kick off.

Brisbane v Warriors should have been at 5:30 the Manly v Cows should have been 7:30

That extra hour lets most of the crowd to get a little more drunker too, were a fair few idiots there, one 45yr old bloke in Manly gear decided the best way to celebrate Manly hitting the lead, was to try and fight us cause we laughed at his antics.

You played Penrith, bit of history, elimination final.

Do you realise that we sold out our allocation and an entire 6 bays were wasted because they were allocated to Penrith fans who failed to turn up? What can be done when Penrith fans are just as lazy as Manly fans?

smh

Garts

Bench
You know our turnout was bad when Rooster fans are giving us crap about the small crowd.

eozsmiles

Bench
Agree with Tom. I've always been embarressed by Manly. But to see that crowd last night, that was appalling. I recall, I think Warriors v Canberra at same venue 2003 had about 33,000!

Haha, that's funny. People want to get the hell away from Canberra on the weekend. Most of them want to get away on the weekdays too. They can't get 30,000 to the games in Canberra on the weekend because everybody leaves town.
Manly will never draw crowds over the bridge. The lucky ones over there don't cross the bridge except for weddings, funerals, and Grand Finals. Don't expect too many at the next game they play either. Can't really blame Manly fans for living in a nice part of town and enjoying staying there.
Cold night with Rugby, Cricket, and live NRL on the box. They would have got less than 20,000 at Brookvale in those circumstances. I thought the crowd would only have been 8000 - 10,000 in town since it was an away game for everyone, a one sided contest expected, and it wasn't sudden death. Did anyone really expect more than 13,000? I'm sure the NRL didn't.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Haha, that's funny. People want to get the hell away from Canberra on the weekend. Most of them want to get away on the weekdays too. They can't get 30,000 to the games in Canberra on the weekend because everybody leaves town.

Well unlike Manly, we sold out our final last year well before the game. That was in Canberra so there goes your theory.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Anyone with a clue, and there seems to be not many in here...
Would know that manly have been targeting a younger fan base, most with young families, so the 8.30 time slot on a cold saturday night against an out of sysdney side was always going to be a disaster. The NRL was hoping for 20K only, given the weather / Timslot / & cowboys I think they did well to get 13K
But hey most on here seem to be enjoying finding things to hate manly for... so don't let common sense get in the way, continue with the blind hatred.