What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

08 :: GFQ1 Fri :: Sharks 0 Storm 28 @ SFS (CRO eliminated)

Grand Finalist #1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mxlegend99

Referee
This game will be close... Storm by 4 IMO.

Storm have had 2 difficult matches in a row, so they've either had the ideal preperation to face the Sharks to win a spot in the grand final or they just won't have enough in the tank for another 80 minute game.

I'm going to give them the BOTD and assume they can still put in another 80 minutes. Although with 3 tough games in a row, i can't see them being able to win the grand final if they make it. That Warriors loss is going to be what costs them the Premiership.

Noa

First Grade
So far I have heard it suggested they would move geyer to hooker

They wont move Geyer as that requires to many other postional changes. They'll bring in Russ Aitken and hope for the best, he's good enough to do a job but seems to lack belief.

We'll still win Storm by 16

IMO they will move Geyer to hooker and bring in Aitken who is absolute garbage...Bellamy should think about starting Manu at hooker to add a bot of attacking power to the forwards from the start.

The key to this game is "urgency"...Storm have started really slow in the last 3-4 games and have played from behind too many times.

Rovelli

Bench
Tough game to call, I pick the Storm in the poll but can easily change.

On one side:
I don't get the fascination with the Sharks.

They are a tough defensive team to crack, but still don't offer enough in attack IMO. Melbourne don't concede many points for a start, they don't concede many through kicks, you have to make the most of your opportunities, or have game-breakers like Vatuvei in your team, something Cronulla does not have.

Melbourne could easily win by 16+ if they are on song.

On the other side:
You could argue that what I have mentionned above is the key to success in finals footy.

In previous years, Melbourne has had Nathan Friend and James Aubusson as backup hookers, both very good in their own right. This season, they have no-one really. Surely Cam Smith won't get away with murder this time. Strike him off, surely.

Inglis at 6 is still a worry. Wonder why he hasn't been that good this finals? Playing too close to the centre of the field. He should be in the centres. Maybe Bellamy switches him and Geyer.

Butters

Bench
Slater to hooker, Manu/Blair/JSmith to 5/8 and Inglis to Fullback. That's only if the unthinkable were to happen and C Smith is suspended.

If Bellamy goes with Geyer at hooker they might as well not show up.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Smith will be playing hooker, they will cook something up to get him off, and it will be a very, very controversial week

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Melbourne are well and truly ripe for the picking with, or without Smith IMO. But then again, it is the well-known "September Chokers" as their opponents. Who really knows who will win this one :crazy:

Last edited:

jc155776

Coach
The Sharks, showered in 41 years of history

VS

Dirty Grappling News Ltd Monster.

I wonder who the neutrals want to win.

This is like the Allies v Nazis.

But more serious.

Both games this coming weekend are a toss of the coin (and I dont mean parra supporters by that either ;-) )

Deep seated desire will be the differentiator.

miccle

Bench
50/50. No Seymour vs no Smith. Meh, just hope both teams put on a ripper of a match. I want the Sharks to win more, but I'm leaning more towards the Storm scraping through.

Shorty

Staff member
Slater to hooker, Manu/Blair/JSmith to 5/8 and Inglis to Fullback. That's only if the unthinkable were to happen and C Smith is suspended.

If Bellamy goes with Geyer at hooker they might as well not show up.

Yes, Please Play Slater At Hooker!
Actually I think that combo would be a worthy replacement.

Anyone is better than Geyer at hooker(He really should have gone out a winner last year).
Slater is so slippery that he's probably dangerous anywhere you put him,just to different extents.
And then you have Inglis in arguably his best position where he has the ability to roam wherever he likes,geez it'd be a massacre.

I don't know who will take this,but anyone that thinks the Storm will take it out easily are kidding themselves.

cupid

Juniors
6 day turnaround
Smith most likely out
Storm carrying many bruises
Sharks by 10