What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin 3 :: QLD 16 NSW 28 @ Suncorp :: Wed 15 Jul

Origin III - Maroons or Blues

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
haha

heres a tip : don't write anything you will be ashamed of later.

Not ashamed... I wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes that comes back to bite me. Never ashamed of the opinions I hold though, no matter how wrong they may or may not be.

Jason Maher

Immortal
What a disgraceful end to the match by the dirty, dirty NSW players. Brett White, not content with having elbowed Johnathon Thurston in the head earlier in the match, decides that he needs to do something else mind-numbingly stupid and start a fight with Steve Price. White is a cat, and it's a shame he got a lucky punch away because I would have loved to see Price shatter his face. Should have been sent off and will not play again for 8 weeks.

Waterhouse - well deserved send off, and that will probably be the last game he plays this season. 12 weeks plus for one of the lowest acts I have ever seen on a football field. I don't care whether Price had already been knocked out, because it happened only a split second before he grabbed him. Waterhouse came in, from behind, grabbed Price around the neck and tried to break it. Absolutely disgraceful and I hope he's rubbed out for a very, very long time.

I applaud Hodges and the rest of the Queenslanders for standing up for their mate. When a bloke gets knocked out by an absolute dog act, they have no choice. Congratulations Queensland, your passion showed through once again.

And to all the maggots applauding Price's injury, take a good hard look at yourselves. Scum.

This post sums up Queenslanders nicely. White is an absolute dog for landing a beauty on Price, but I'm pretty sure Jamie Goddard is still a legend up north for giving Johns a fat lip. Not only that, but in the very same sentence he lays into White, he states that he wishes Price had shattered his face. Suck it up bitch.

Also typical of a Queenslander to exaggerate every offence real or imagined against them and play down anything wrong they've done. They just seem to have this deep-seated need to feel dudded at every point so they can then talk about how courageous, spirited, and passionate they are.

Face the facts you deranged merkins: you were pure and simply out-played tonight. New South Wales showed a lot more passion, desire, and commitment to the cause. Probably because the exact opposite was the case in the first two games and Queensland thought all they had to do was run out onto the field and they'd win.

Oh, and a small thing I don't think anyone else has pointed out yet: I always thought the protocol was for the winning captain to thank the opposition. Happened in every victory speech in Origin or a GF that I can recall, but not tonight. Was it an oversight, or was Lockyer deliberately trying to give NSW the finger?

Jasdragon

Juniors
Go the Blues!!! I knew they would win it and wanted that halves combination since the from game 1. Price got knocked the f**k out!! by White just before Waterhouse came in. It was an awesome game! Watmough = Machine! Creagh played AWESOME except for pussying out on that cat Hodges :(, he deserved getting binned for that effort. Hodges is all talk and both he and Thurston are weak grubs! Eat sh*t QLD!!! had to celebrate the series win with a loss the sore losers, NSW spoils the so called biggest party on earth! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

BWNB

First Grade
?

Who's career has Price ruined? Last I checked Tony Caine was still playing. Despite that, Price was merely attempting a charge down, something that was not illegal at the time that he did it. What both White and Waterhouse did was illegal, so it's not the same thing.

If Price had been knocked out in a good, hard tackle, then applaud if it makes you happy. Quite frankly I think it exposes your grimy underbelly.

No, Tony Caines' career is ruined. He WAS going to be the next big thing when the injury occurred.
He has lost heaps of potential income and is basically out every 3-4 weeks with re occurring knee injures.

BTW did you miss the working over in the tackle that started the fight?

Jason Maher

Immortal
Jason...will you marry me?

A fan of the show Big Love are you? ;-)

edit: back on topic, skeepe is really Justin Hodges in disguise (who would have thought a Broncos players would secretly follow Canberra - or is that just part of the ruse?):

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25789075-2722,00.html

NSW trio accused of cheap shots, dog acts in State of Origin

UPDATED: Brent Read | July 16, 2009

Article from: The Australian
QUEENSLAND last night launched a blistering attack on Blues trio Trent Barrett, Brett White and Trent Waterhouse over the ugly end to Game III, which saw veteran prop Steve Price taken off the field by stretcher.
Man of the series Greg Inglis and Test centre Justin Hodges called the NSW players' actions in the dying stages of last night's epic encounter at Suncorp Stadium "cheap shots" and "dog acts" not worthy of a professional footballer.

While both took extreme exception to what they labelled "king hits" from White and Waterhouse that left Price bloodied and unconscious, it was Barrett - the villain from Game II in Sydney - who earned the greatest savaging after he laughed at Price and backslapped teammates.

"I just thought it was a dog act, basically," Hodges said. "Pricey gets king hit and then Waterhouse comes over and tries to pick him up when he is on the ground.

"It was one of those sorts of dog acts you don't want to see in rugby league and, as a Queenslander, we saw one of our brothers out there get hurt so we wanted to hurt them back.

"You hurt one of our brothers, well we were out to hurt one of theirs as well.

"But the worst bit was when Pricey got hurt, you had Barrett and those guys laughing. It was a serious injury.

"It is Origin and sometimes things happen. But that is not the done thing. Especially not when it is such a dog act that has led to it.

"The poor guy wasn't moving and they come over and try to lift him and jiggle him around. You don't want to see that happen to anyone - Queensland or NSW.

"Those guys need to have a look at themselves."

Hodges vowed retribution against Barrett, who was playing his first game after a two-match suspension for a sickening swinging-arm hit on Inglis.

"You had Barrett there laughing and high-fiving like a little kid," Hodges said.

"He did it to GI last game, so I guess we will just have to wait to play Cronulla to get him back."

Despite a badly corked thigh early in the first half, Inglis reiterated his position as the game's most potent attacking weapon with another incredible display, and laughed at suggestions the Blues could take any solace from their win.

While players such as Brett Kimmorley were touting the victory as a sign NSW had found a chink in the Maroons' armour, Inglis' response was swift and pointed.

"They just lost four series in a row, so I don't think I would be cheering too much," he said.

"They maybe need to have a look in the record book. We have won four series in a row. That is what matters to us."

As for Anthony Watmough's assertion that this was only the tip of the iceberg, Inglis could only smile. "I think their Titanic has sunk, mate," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROFLMFAO @ Hodges saying White "king-hit" Price. Queensland really do struggle to admit defeat, even in on-field fisticuffs. And a big up yours to the traitor at the end of the article.

Last edited:

Jasdragon

Juniors
A fan of the show Big Love are you? ;-)

edit: back on topic, skeepe is really Justin Hodges in disguise (who would have thought a Broncos players would secretly follow Canberra - or is that just part of the ruse?):

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25789075-2722,00.html

NSW trio accused of cheap shots, dog acts in State of Origin

UPDATED: Brent Read | July 16, 2009

Article from: The Australian
QUEENSLAND last night launched a blistering attack on Blues trio Trent Barrett, Brett White and Trent Waterhouse over the ugly end to Game III, which saw veteran prop Steve Price taken off the field by stretcher.
Man of the series Greg Inglis and Test centre Justin Hodges called the NSW players' actions in the dying stages of last night's epic encounter at Suncorp Stadium "cheap shots" and "dog acts" not worthy of a professional footballer.

While both took extreme exception to what they labelled "king hits" from White and Waterhouse that left Price bloodied and unconscious, it was Barrett - the villain from Game II in Sydney - who earned the greatest savaging after he laughed at Price and backslapped teammates.

"I just thought it was a dog act, basically," Hodges said. "Pricey gets king hit and then Waterhouse comes over and tries to pick him up when he is on the ground.

"It was one of those sorts of dog acts you don't want to see in rugby league and, as a Queenslander, we saw one of our brothers out there get hurt so we wanted to hurt them back.

"You hurt one of our brothers, well we were out to hurt one of theirs as well.

"But the worst bit was when Pricey got hurt, you had Barrett and those guys laughing. It was a serious injury.

"It is Origin and sometimes things happen. But that is not the done thing. Especially not when it is such a dog act that has led to it.

"The poor guy wasn't moving and they come over and try to lift him and jiggle him around. You don't want to see that happen to anyone - Queensland or NSW.

"Those guys need to have a look at themselves."

Hodges vowed retribution against Barrett, who was playing his first game after a two-match suspension for a sickening swinging-arm hit on Inglis.

"You had Barrett there laughing and high-fiving like a little kid," Hodges said.

"He did it to GI last game, so I guess we will just have to wait to play Cronulla to get him back."

Despite a badly corked thigh early in the first half, Inglis reiterated his position as the game's most potent attacking weapon with another incredible display, and laughed at suggestions the Blues could take any solace from their win.

While players such as Brett Kimmorley were touting the victory as a sign NSW had found a chink in the Maroons' armour, Inglis' response was swift and pointed.

"They just lost four series in a row, so I don't think I would be cheering too much," he said.

"They maybe need to have a look in the record book. We have won four series in a row. That is what matters to us."

As for Anthony Watmough's assertion that this was only the tip of the iceberg, Inglis could only smile. "I think their Titanic has sunk, mate," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROFLMFAO @ Hodges saying White "king-hit" Price. Queensland really do struggle to admit defeat, even in on-field fisticuffs. And a big up yours to the traitor at the end of the article.

What a load of sh*t! Hodges is officially the most deluded f**kwit wanker in the NRL Price started that fight by giving White a cheap knee to the head, when White was playing the ball. He was also yelling at White watch your back, numerous times. He's a f**king dickhead! All this shows is how cut they are for losing that game :lol:.

Last edited:

redvscotty

First Grade
Not ashamed... I wear my heart on my sleeve and sometimes that comes back to bite me. Never ashamed of the opinions I hold though, no matter how wrong they may or may not be.

Read my sig and have a think to yourself "Does that apply to me?"

You'll be surprised with the results.

Down with the Broncos and Titans this week. Hope the Cowgirls lose too. What a great week this would then be.

This was an interesting game simply in observing how a team like Queensland imploded when the pressure went on and choked to be quite honest.

The likes of Hodges mouthing off all game, Thurston niggling with little cheap shots all game and Inglis joining the scuffles that broke out all proved that when the game got close they did not have the mental toughness to match it with an change of game style.

Downie

Guest Moderator
He still missed 6 tackles tonight as well! Although at least landed 34 or something.

tbf, those 6 misses didn't lead to anything - it was just Watmough rushing out to put pressure on the ball carrier which allowed the defence to easily wrap him up.

Also, don't know how the nrl.com and the Channel 9 stats could vary so much, they only had Watmough down for 19 tackles =/

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
What a load of sh*t! Hodges is officially the most deluded f**kwit wanker in the NRL Price started that fight by giving White a cheap knee to the head, when White was playing the ball. He was also yelling at White watch your back, numerous times. He's a f**king dickhead! All this shows is how cut they are for losing that game :lol:.

I guess that makes it ok to applaud someone's unconscious form.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Exact same thing happened in 2007 in a Broncos/Panthers game. Wesser kicked Hodges square in the face after he scored. Funny that there was no talk of an 8 point try or send-offs there.

Geez get a life - every fan of every team could point out examples of opposition players who have got away with what their own players have been penalised/reported/sin-binned/sent-off/suspended for.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Geez get a life - every fan of every team could point out examples of opposition players who have got away with what their own players have been penalised/reported/sin-binned/sent-off/suspended for.

I understand. It was only a send-off this time.

Tiiger'zz Babyy

Juniors
Refs are off their heads..

Noddy was allowed to high tackle anyone
8 point try
Costigan gets the ball pulled outta his hands yet
still a drop ball..
Brett White and Trent Waterhouse knock out our oldest player
and think they're the sh*t..

4 Series In a Row..Take That!

Latest posts