What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin I :: Wed 3 Jun :: QLD 28 NSW 18 @ Etihad

Origin 1 :: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shorty

Staff member
We aren't that passionate. You know why? We don't have an inferiority complex.
Oh please, this inferiority complex that thing NSW touts out is a little hypocritical.
At this stage, most taunts from New South Welshmen ooze of it.

Stuff like 'Oh Queensland think they've already won it'...well love - Point me to where it was said?
And also 'Queenslanders all cocky' ....and the 'Oh Queenslanders think they're more passionate' like in a thread a few weeks ago it was plucked out of thin air by NSW fans being paranoid!
Nup, NSW are defensive and fiery (which is great!) losing 3 series in a row will do that:)

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
QLD still won the game and after he got his act together he was became a key figure in series wins of 06 and 07

Well no, Qld lost that game 32-4 and the series was drawn.

However it didnt stop Qld fans tearing him a new one after the game which was my point

Mr Saab

Referee
Well no, Qld lost that game 32-4 and the series was drawn.

However it didnt stop Qld fans tearing him a new one after the game which was my point

Facts are not your friends are they?...QLD WON game 2 (Hodges debut with his 2 mistakes)

Talk to me when you know your facts champ.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Facts are not your friends are they?...QLD WON game 2 (Hodges debut with his 2 mistakes)

Talk to me when you know your facts champ.

Fair enough, a certain website had its facts wrong (serves me right for trusting it)

The 1 fact remains though was that he was scapegoated and beratted by Qld fans for his mistake which again was my point

Mr Saab

Referee
I am sure he copped it back then (LU was not operational back then was it?)
but the fact remains that he became a superstar center

Joker's Wild

Coach
NSW fans do have passion. It comes out when they turn on a player for making a mistake in a SOO game. Then, man are they passionate!!!!

Like Justin Hodges in '02? Qld fans were so kind and understanding then though :roll:

but the fact remains that he became a superstar center

Thats lovely mate but as you can see, him becoming a superstar doesnt really have relevance to what I was saying.

bender

Juniors

I believe that it was operational, but he didnt cop any criticism on LU, because virtually nobody posted on the front row at that stage.

There wasnt all that much criticism on LU's predecessor LWOS (from memory) because all qlders cared about was winning the game, although there were a few sighs of relief and snide remarks about Hodges at least keeping things interesting (again all assuming that my memory hasnt faulted).

Joker's Wild

Coach
It is lovely...but where is the evidence that QLD fans hammered Hodges for his performance?

Well Im not going back through 7 years of posts and articles mate but I remember him getting a fair flogging from the media and fans over his 2 very big brain explosions.

How bout this doozy from '04 for example

Pistol said:
To think that Justin Hodges is anything other than a colossal waste of time and money is ridiculous. He is without a doubt the worst possible signing the Broncos can make. He can hardly make a Roosters side that is pretty weak on centres. The way Berrigan has been playing in the centres he will be there forever and a day. To move a walk up starter in the centres for any team in the world in Tate would be only the biggest blunder the team could make, akin to Hodges debut on the wing for Queensland in 2002.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/archive/index.php/t-81712.html

Last edited:

Kiki

First Grade
NSW fans aren't passionate? pffffft Timmy please stop speaking for an entire state.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Glenn Stewart fought his charge and lost as reported on NRL on fox.

EDIT: Got one week.

mongoose

Coach
CaptainKurt.jpg

lol kurt looks a bit special there

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Come on JW. Queenslanders are a bit slow. I wouldn't waste my time explaining things to them.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't think so...ball playing wise it does but if it comes down to a forward battle then Lewis will get dominated by the likes of Price and Crocker.
Luke Lewis is a lot more likely to muscle up to those blokes then Glenn Stewart is. He's a much more aggressive player, and is a very tough bloke.

He's also leading the Dally M's at the moment having missed out on a couple of games.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I don't think so...ball playing wise it does but if it comes down to a forward battle then Lewis will get dominated by the likes of Price and Crocker.
And I think Weyman, Poore, Kite and Bailey would also run over the top of Harrison too if he was in the centre of the field .. but he won't be, and neither will Lewis.

Latest posts