What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin I :: Wed 3 Jun :: QLD 28 NSW 18 @ Etihad

Origin 1 :: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ref-whitered.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer & Shayne Hayne
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Jeff Younis
Video Referees: Bill Harrigan & Tim Mander

Confirmed here: http://www.nrl.com/NewsViews/Latest...-Hayne-to-ref-first-Origin-clash/Default.aspx

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I remember QLDers went all cocky into game one last year, look what happened...

Coaster

Bench
I remember all you roaches claiming 3-0 after winning that game, you were close it was 30 nil.

Coaster

Bench
Yeah sure i start going though all the posts about Origin for the last year picking out statements and sorting them alphabetically for you.

Want a coffee while you are waiting?

TimmyB

Juniors
To be honest, I'm not usually that fussed about the result in origin. I just want to see a close competition, with a scattering of wins either side to keep the concept alive.

However, Farah's presence at hooker and the unbelievable cockiness of the bloody Queenslander's has me desperate for a blues' win. It's nice to feel this way. If we can match the Queensland forwards and keep Thurston quiet, we are a good shout to win this one.

Shutting down Thurston is a very difficult thing to do though. More a case of harm minimisation than prevention.

Shorty

Staff member
I remember QLDers went all cocky into game one last year, look what happened...
So while Coasty organises his evidence, can you supply me some for this comment?
I saw Blues rejection by their own fans way more (hated the team before they had gone on the park) than cockiness by Queenslanders.

As it is, it's on even pairs.
You've got a mighty lot of Blues fans thinking the series is sewn up....when you've got new halves pairing, new hookers and an almost new backline.

I'm not arrogant, I think it'll be damn close...I can't call a winner at this stage.

Last edited:

Charlie124

First Grade
To be honest, I'm not usually that fussed about the result in origin. I just want to see a close competition, with a scattering of wins either side to keep the concept alive.

However, Farah's presence at hooker and the unbelievable cockiness of the bloody Queenslander's has me desperate for a blues' win. It's nice to feel this way. If we can match the Queensland forwards and keep Thurston quiet, we are a good shout to win this one.

Shutting down Thurston is a very difficult thing to do though. More a case of harm minimisation than prevention.

Theres that famous NSW passion!!

TimmyB

Juniors
We aren't that passionate. You know why? We don't have an inferiority complex. We know our state is better.

It's the biggest state in the country, the economic centre and powerhouse of the nation etc. etc. We know we're better.

Joker's Wild

Coach
As it is, it's on even pairs.
You've got a mighty lot of Blues fans thinking the series is sewn up....when you've got new halves pairing, new hookers and an almost new backline.

Who are these Blues fans that think this series is sewn up? Plenty think this side will give us the best chance we've had in 3 years but I am yet to see any serious comments on us actually winning.

We aren't that passionate.

Speak for yourself mate :x

Ianc

Juniors
NSW fans do have passion. It comes out when they turn on a player for making a mistake in a SOO game. Then, man are they passionate!!!!

Joker's Wild

Coach
NSW fans do have passion. It comes out when they turn on a player for making a mistake in a SOO game. Then, man are they passionate!!!!

Like Justin Hodges in '02? Qld fans were so kind and understanding then though :roll:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: Queensland, Queensland, Queensland. So much better than us eh? You've got nothing.

Latest posts