What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin I :: Wed 3 Jun :: QLD 28 NSW 18 @ Etihad

Origin 1 :: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
JD, I'm saying that's a terrible crowd for an international, when it's clear the SOO gets greater support down there.

If they can sell the ground out, good on them. And if it takes QLD's home ground advantage away, even better!

So you've taken my post out of context and played the "league has no place in VIC" card. If you read my original post AGAIN you may actually get the point I was trying to make. ORIGIN HAS NO PLACE IN VICTORIA.

No...I read your post. Victorians do have an interest in the outcome...back in your shell.

I can't wait for this game, Wednesday can't come quick enough. Exciting match-ups all over the park.

Gidley vs Slater, Jennings vs Hodges, Lyon vs Inglis, Smith vs Farah
Should be a beauty!

This Year?

Immortal
How am I a traitor you dickhead? I think they will beat us. Simpleton.

You are a traitor by conceding defeat before the game has even started. And name calling isn't going to change that. Oh wait I have a more suitable name for you..

QUEENSLANDER

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
No...I read your post. Victorians do have an interest in the outcome...back in your shell.

Why should I "get back into my shell" because a have an opinion that is different to yours? Jobdog's posts above pretty well much cover the point I was trying to make.

Last edited:

MsStorm

Bench
Why should I "get back into my shell" because a have an opinion that is different to yours? Jobdog's posts above pretty well much cover the point I was trying to make.

Get over it and thank your lucky stars that rugby league is spreading its wings beyond nsw and q'ld. and be proud.:)

Evenflow

Bench
Does anyone know if the roof will be open or closed on Wednesday night ?

It's going to be closed.

I can't wait for this game, Wednesday can't come quick enough. Exciting match-ups all over the park.

Gidley vs Slater, Jennings vs Hodges, Lyon vs Inglis, Smith vs Farah
Should be a beauty!

Well look at this, someone who's actually excited about and looking forward to the game and not bitching and moaning about where it's being played. Good to see mate.

Maybe if the ones sooking keep on crying about it they might make a late switch from Melbourne just to appease those that can't get the f**k over it. As you were :crazy:

redvscotty

First Grade
I can't wait for the game either, however, I think it would be better suited to a traditional state. Still, to have 2000 tickets left in a non RL state is unreal.

Shorty

Staff member
Yes, which was my point. Play as many internationals in Melbourne as you like, just don't play any Origins.
So basically (in reality) here have a Holden instead of a Ferrari.
Yeah that'll work:roll:
Anyway - It's Queensland that's had to give up the home ground advantage and to my experience I see two cockroaches whinging about traditional states.

Are you dense or what? What ground is better in terms of advantage for NSW....an extremely hostile Suncorp or Etihad?
:crazy:

Joker's Wild

Coach
So basically (in reality) here have a Holden instead of a Ferrari.
Yeah that'll work:roll:
Anyway - It's Queensland that's had to give up the home ground advantage and to my experience I see two cockroaches whinging about traditional states.

Are you dense or what? What ground is better in terms of advantage for NSW....an extremely hostile Suncorp or Etihad?
:crazy:

Not that I dont disagree with your points Shorty but NSW had to give up their home ground advantage in '06 so fairs fair.

Chook Norris

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/NewsViews/Latest...ues-backs-in-better-form-Bellamy/Default.aspx

Blues backs in better form: Bellamy

NSW coach Craig Bellamy is backing his new-look backline to provide major defensive headaches for Queensland's Test stars in Wednesday night's State of Origin opener.
While the Maroons field the current Australian Test backline, surprisingly statistics show the Blues backs have been in far stronger NRL form, boasting more tries, try assists and linebreaks.
Furthermore, the Blues have a far better defensive record, averaging 20 more tackles per game and five fewer missed tackles.
Queensland have attempted to put the heat on NSW rookie backs Michael Jennings, Terry Campese and James McManus with some tough talk but Bellamy insists his youngsters aren't daunted by their task.
"I think we've picked guys that are really in good form and that was our focus," said Bellamy.
"We know what (Queensland's) strengths are, it's stopping them that's the hard part."
Bellamy turned the heat back on outspoken Maroons centre Justin Hodges, who predicted Jennings would be "scared" on debut, telling the Test star to expect a rough return to football against the speedster in his first game since the Test match on May 8.
"I wouldn't say he is a focus but he is going to be marking one of the quickest players in the competition so we haven't put Michael Jennings in the team not to give him the ball every now and then," said Bellamy.
"Hopefully he can cause a little bit of angst in the opposition defence.
"He is a wonderful ball runner Michael Jennings and everyone can see what he can do so hopefully we can get the ball to him at the right times tomorrow night.
"He knows they're going to target him and going to put pressure on him because he's a young guy and it's his first game.
"He's just focussed on what he has to do and playing his role for the team."
The coach is also confident five-eighth Campese has rediscovered his golden touch in time for his debut after going off the boil for Canberra a few weeks back.
"He is in for things he can do and we want him to do them tomorrow night and he will," said Bellamy.
"We think he is back to that form ... he needs to get the mix right for our game plan."
Bellamy said the Blues were building towards a strong performance after some initial teething problems when the team first came together in camp last week.
He said with seven rookies and 17 players from 12 NRL clubs the team initially struggled with communication but they've since bonded to become great mates and a strong team.
"The first day it was deathly quiet, especially at the training session," said Bellamy.
"We had to work really hard to get to know each other and slowly but surely they've worked really hard at that.
"They're really getting on well off the field now and as they've got better at that their training has really come together.
"Every training session has been better than the one before so I'm pretty happy with the build up."

melbourne_belle

Juniors
I can't wait for the game either, however, I think it would be better suited to a traditional state. Still, to have 2000 tickets left in a non RL state is unreal.
All gone announced as an official sell out this morning, took longer than 06 to sell out but still a packed house is going to be awesome tonight.

I am however having trouble deciding who to go for, I usually and have for years been behind QLD but I can't stand Hodges and Hunt and I am still bitter Issy wanted to go back to Brisbane and the smack being thrown around by the QLD team is pissing me off, but everyone else in the team is still awesome so will most likely have my QLD scarf on tonight. Although I do want Jennings to carve and Luke O'Donnell to smash Hodges and Hunt.

To those who do not believe the odd origin game should be played in Melbourne need to think outside the box people.
We need to grow the game in all areas of Australia and Origin is the best game to do that.

Last edited:

Billigan

Juniors
All gone announced as an official sell out this morning, took longer than 06 to sell out but still a packed house is going to be awesome tonight.

I am however having trouble deciding who to go for, I usually and have for years been behind QLD but I can't stand Hodges and Hunt and I am still bitter Issy wanted to go back to Brisbane and the smack being thrown around by the QLD team is pissing me off, but everyone else in the team is still awesome so will most likely have my QLD scarf on tonight. Although I do want Jennings to carve and Luke O'Donnell to smash Hodges and Hunt.

To those who do not believe the odd origin game should be played in Melbourne need to think outside the box people.
We need to grow the game in all areas of Australia and Origin is the best game to do that.

its great to see a sell out in melbourne but why do qld have to give up our home games to go to melbourne why cant nsw give up some of there games,

plusi disagree 100% in having games in melbourne state of origin is qld vs nsw, victoria dont have nothing involved with soo same as all the other states.

Joker's Wild

Coach
its great to see a sell out in melbourne but why do qld have to give up our home games to go to melbourne why cant nsw give up some of there games,

plusi disagree 100% in having games in melbourne state of origin is qld vs nsw, victoria dont have nothing involved with soo same as all the other states.

Short memory?

NSW gave up their home game in 2006 champ

Pays to do some research

Shorty

Staff member
Not that I dont disagree with your points Shorty but NSW had to give up their home ground advantage in '06 so fairs fair.
True but I didn't have a problem in 2006 either.
Billgan - Shut up, the way you grow a game is to SPREAD it using your best product.

F**k some people are really stupid.