What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // 4N Wk 2 // Sun 4pm // AUS 16-12 ENG // AAMI

4 Nations Game 4: Australia v England

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

donny donny

Juniors
If that's a try? Then this is grounded

B1a3u-4IYAAjgiJ.jpg

End of discussion. Move on.

So your saying we should have had a drop out?

Anyone can see he is knocking that forwards, not grounding it.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Who f**king cares if he appealed or not? The fact is that your Australian video ref has looked at a try, seen a try and then decided to not give it because he knew it would cost Australia the match. There isn't any way of defending it, just accept that it was a blatant act of cheating.

How can it be a try if Inglis has already grounded the ball?

BuffaloRules

Coach

Yes.. Drop out..

Actually I see exactly the same thing you are saying the Pom has done..

Hence why freeze frames may not always tell the whole story.

Perth Red

Post Whore
B1ayykwIUAAIAfV.jpg

Looks pretty conclusive to me. Unless of course you just play it at full speed and pretend you didn't see the numerous slow-motion replays like the Aussie VR did.

In the NRL it would be no try, in SL try. England are dumb as frick for agreeing to a NRL ref on field and in VR. Old days were simpler any part of lower arm on ball with ball on ground try, simple, no interpretation of "pressure" needed. We love to f**k about with the rules to bring in grey areas.

Swarzey

Bench

Hand on the ball, ball is on the ground, it's grounded.

I agree you should have had a drop out, but it doesn't mean it cost you the game, just an opportunity your team could very well have blown. All it becomes is a discussion of "What If" rather than a discussion of whether you were robbed of a victory or not.

donny donny

Juniors
Yes.. Drop out..

Actually I see exactly the same thing you are saying the Pom has done..

Hence why freeze frames may not always tell the whole story.

One hand is knocking the ball forwards, on the other a finger is on top of the ball pressing it down. Anyway I'm going back to bed. End of the day, England always lose, Australia always cheat. Neutral refs next time please, then we don't need to have these discussions.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
B1ayykwIUAAIAfV.jpg

Looks pretty conclusive to me. Unless of course you just play it at full speed and pretend you didn't see the numerous slow-motion replays like the Aussie VR did.

I can understand your frustration mate. Your pic shoes it a conclusive try (ball on ground, finger on ball), however I think it's a deceiving angle.

When the VR started looking at, he used the angle from the camera near the touch in goal / dead ball line intersection & it looked like he missed it by a foot. They never showed that angle again so maybe I was dreaming? I thought it was a dropout. Want to see that angle again.

You got the rough end of the pineapple from the ref in general play & were starved of possession in the 2nd half because of it.

Great to see such a spirited effort from the English, it's great for Rugby League! You should hold your heads high!

Evil Homer

Staff member
How can it be a try if Inglis has already grounded the ball?
If Inglis grounded the ball (which he didn't, I've got it on the screen right now and he flicked it backwards with no downward pressure) then it should have been a drop-out, but the VR didn't even adjudicate on that so it's immaterial. The fact is that the VR saw the English try and didn't give it. That is just pure, blatant, 100% cheating.

Ghoulies

Bench
At normal speed yes, but when you go frame by frame it sure looks like he grounded it.

One thing I will concede to Tommy and Perth Red: England were fairly hard done by not getting at least a couple of penalties for play the ball infringements in the second half.

BuffaloRules

Coach
If Inglis grounded the ball (which he didn't, I've got it on the screen right now and he flicked it backwards with no downward pressure) then it should have been a drop-out, but the VR didn't even adjudicate on that so it's immaterial. The fact is that the VR saw the English try and didn't give it. That is just pure, blatant, 100% cheating.

The evidence you are using to claim the try (conclusively I might add) is the same that you are using to dismiss Inglis grounding the ball.

mxlegend99

Referee
England agreed to an Aussie referee to.blame him for them.sucking. Refs handed them the game against Samoa last week, they rule correctly on a decision this week and you blame them. Just face it. England are shit and will be the fourth nation on and off in the future. Samoa, NZ and Australia are the top nations now.

adamkungl

Immortal
Aus spent the whole game lying around the ruck. England couldn't buy a penalty in the second half.. ridiculous

Perth Red

Post Whore
Reason given was ball was bouncing up. This looks like ball is pretty flat on ground suggesting its travel was at the bottom of bounce and full ball in contact with ground.

10486050_10152369125366333_5185513127503450577_n_zpsb723c75a.jpg
[/quote]

insert.pause

First Grade
Don't you think it's pretty telling that hall didn't think it was a try and was back with the rest of the team waiting for line drop out?

Latest posts