What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Brian potter

Bench
The South Pacific Rugby League was my idea last year. It’s a brilliant strategy. I’d welcome Pottbrain Donkhead and WBs views on it. The three stooges take these threads to new levels of stupidity. But this idea is so good even they can’t diminish it with the endless drivel they post here. I will be the flame!
I can’t make my mind upto whether you were p#ssed or sober when you started that thread?

Colk

First Grade
Does Christchurch have the population and infrastructure to support a team?

Well that’s an entirely different point you are making. The economics of a second team in NZ is the big challenge but NZ and Christchurch has the infrastructure. The point though of trying to conflate a part of Brisbane not having a side as somehow comparable to a whole island is a bit of a nonsense.

Well that’s an entirely different point you are making. The economics of a second team in NZ is the big challenge but NZ and Christchurch has the infrastructure. The point though of trying to conflate a part of Brisbane not having a side as somehow comparable to a whole island is a bit of a nonsense.
The difference being rugby league is the main sport in southern Brisbane and there's no team.

Rugby league is not the main sport in South Island. Rugby union holds that title. There are several RU teams servicing South Island. That's what the South Island Kea will be competing against.

blue bags

First Grade
What's being an island got too do with it

Colk

First Grade
Australians seem to like bland music. Radio is full of bland shit with simple repetitive tunes.

I'm not a fan of jazz. Too depressing. The only time I like saxophone is when it's mixed with distorted guitar ryths and bass.

Housos is funnier than the shit the Yanks produce.

Do they? I would say that overproduced metal is pretty bland to me. I’d prefer listening to blues, rock, psychedelia, classical and jazz but meh. Housos, whilst having some funny moments, is also not particularly intelligent or high brow. It’s very ‘broad’ - it uses just as many tropes or broad generalisationsas any American sitcom

You see how an opinion works - I don‘t really get upset about other opinions. Instead of crapping on about people being low brow or dumb because of their tastes (you are watching Housos and listening to goth metal mate not deconstructing James Joyce or Dante’s Inferno) just let everybody get on with it.

Colk

First Grade
The difference being rugby league is the main sport in southern Brisbane and there's no team.

Rugby league is not the main sport in South Island. Rugby union holds that title. There are several RU teams servicing South Island. That's what the South Island Kea will be competing against.

Mate give it a rest.

There are two teams in Brisbane and three teams already in South Queensland. I know there is no team in Logan but it’s not at all comparable.

Again I’m not against a third team in Brisbane (compared to PNG I would have it in a heartbeat) but seriously you are trying to compare two areas or situations that aren’t comparable.

Also I’m very aware that union is the main sport in all of NZ (not just South Island). I’ve been there.

Wb1234

Referee

Bro broncos

Do they? I would say that overproduced metal is pretty bland to me. I’d prefer listening to blues, rock, psychedelia, classical and jazz but meh. Housos, whilst having some funny moments, is also not particularly intelligent or high brow. It’s very ‘broad’ - it uses just as many tropes or broad generalisationsas any American sitcom

You see how an opinion works - I don‘t really get upset about other opinions. Instead of crapping on about people being low brow or dumb because of their tastes (you are watching Housos and listening to goth metal mate not deconstructing James Joyce or Dante’s Inferno) just let everybody get on with it.
I like Aussie humour because I'm an Aussie. Yankee doodle humour is cringeworthy and doesn't make me laugh.

I like the mixture of distorted guitar ryths and sympathiser in Gothic metal and doom metal. It isn't too loud and fast tempo like heavy metal, which gives me a headache. I find the slower rhythm of Gothic metal and doom metal mesmerising and relaxing.

You're entitled to listen to more easy listening music. I'm not completely against easy listening, FWIW. There's just too much of it in Australia and no variety. I'm a huge John Williamson fan. Sadly, not many people my age listen to John Williamson because he's not a loud mouth try hard Yankee doodle with a wanker haircut.

Mate give it a rest.

There are two teams in Brisbane and three teams already in South Queensland. I know there is no team in Logan but it’s not at all comparable.

Again I’m not against a third team in Brisbane (compared to PNG I would have it in a heartbeat) but seriously you are trying to compare two areas or situations that aren’t comparable.

Also I’m very aware that union is the main sport in all of NZ (not just South Island). I’ve been there.
Can you stop telling born and bred Queenslanders to think just like you?

I'm not the only rugby league fan from southern Brisbane who views the Broncos as a team from northern Brisbane. The other day I saw a person in the comments section of an article in The Courier Mail saying just what I'm saying. He went one step further and said Brisbane only has one club because the Dolphins are from Moreton Bay. You can laugh all you like, but that's how people from SEQ think. You're not going to change the way he and I think. Constantly telling us we have three teams in SEQ doesn't change the fact that southern Brisbane isn't northern Brisbane. Nor is it the Gold Coast. It would be as dumb as saying you can get rid of five Sydney clubs because there will still be four left and expect everyone to be happy.

It also doesn't change the fact that out of all the bids, the only one that has the infrastructure, money, history and embedded communal support to thrive from day one in the NRL is the Brisbane Tiger. Despite this fact, there are idiots on here saying we should keep them out and fast track bids from locations that lack all of this. Apparently clubs don't need to be financially viable anymore. Nor do they need to have the infrastructure needed to compete with the other clubs. They just need to be from non-RL locations because a few snobby wankers on LU are insecure about the game's footprint.

It’s has got a lot to do with it.

Saying a team in another part of a city is the same as having a side representing a whole state (which effectively this would be) is nonsense.
You're speaking shit.

There's no demand for a second NZ team. The one they've got makes less money than every club bar the lowly Sea Eagles. The two richest rugby league clubs in the world are from Brisbane. It's patently obvious that there's demand for Brisbane 3 but virtually none for NZ2. If you introduced a second NZ team then it would eat into the bandwagon support that the Warriors are riding. That's not a good thing for a club that's second last in the NRL for revenue from football operations.

Have the NZ broadcasters said they want a second team?

A few years ago it was reported by Colin Smith that they aren't interested.

What happened to the big bid launch in Las Vegas by the South Island bid?

Weren't they begging for financial assistance on Facebook?

You cannot expect rugby league fans from southern Brisbane to prioritise dots on map expansion in Perth, Port Moresby and Christchurch over a southern Brisbane team when no one from Sydney would give up their neck of the woods for these regions.

Many of the Sydney RL fans on here are trying to turn this into an opportunity to bring back the Newtown Jets and North Sydney Bears because they want more NSWRL teams.

Yet they object to Brisbane having a third?

Wb1234

Referee
You cannot expect rugby league fans from southern Brisbane to prioritise dots on map expansion in Perth, Port Moresby and Christchurch over a southern Brisbane team when no one from Sydney would give up their neck of the woods for these regions.

Many of the Sydney RL fans on here are trying to turn this into an opportunity to bring back the Newtown Jets and North Sydney Bears because they want more NSWRL teams.

Yet they object to Brisbane having a third?
Stop it

let the dolphins have ten years to really reach their potential then Brisbane 3 comes in

png is more of a rugby league heartland then nsw or qld

Christchurch won’t be a dot in a map either

Latest posts