What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Dragonwest

Juniors
There's a drop in the ocean of juniors in WA that it takes to get 1 NRL player.. like that west Australian kid that came through recently.. you know the one.. bug potential? Possible NRL player.. on the squad with?
You know like that other one..

O shit sorry, there isn't ANY.
Josh Rogers debuted for the Broncos less than a month ago ... 2 x QLD Cup Top Points Scorer, 2 x QLD Cup 5/8th of the year.

Seriously stop embarrassing yourself with false or embellished statements.

Perth Red

Post Whore
There's a drop in the ocean of juniors in WA that it takes to get 1 NRL player.. like that west Australian kid that came through recently.. you know the one.. bug potential? Possible NRL player.. on the squad with?
You know like that other one..

O shit sorry, there isn't ANY.
3500 jnrs. How many does it take?

Jimmy Wiggle

Juniors
Generally there's 1 or 2 from a local club makes it over a lifetime.
I'm from Nerang and over the last 30 years of a's and b's and sometimes c's that play across every age group in a very talented area . 2 have made it. 1 being Reece Walsh and the other I forget his name that played a year below me. That's out of thousands! Thousands. And that's because they have former first graders coaching, they are playing against the best kids.
Serious question, how is there only 2 from Nerang in the last 30 years?
The North Beach club have had 3 in the last 30 years themselves.

Santino Patane

Juniors
BAHAHAHAHA
There's no coaches living in Karratha.
None that have come close to the NRL or even sniffed the arsehole of one who has. This is community engagement stuff! I've been there, lived there.
Generally there's 1 or 2 from a local club makes it over a lifetime.
I'm from Nerang and over the last 30 years of a's and b's and sometimes c's that play across every age group in a very talented area . 2 have made it. 1 being Reece Walsh and the other I forget his name that played a year below me. That's out of thousands! Thousands. And that's because they have former first graders coaching, they are playing against the best kids.

Karratha.... BAHAHAHAHA
Keegan Hipgrave- he was the other Nerangutan to make it. That was annoying the f@&k out of me for a bit there……

Those who think the only potential NRL fans in Perth are the east coast ex-pats obviously have no faith in the NRL being a fantastic product which can win the minds of a sports loving public.

Me on the other hand, I expect a Perth NRL team will gather a following which will immediately put them in the top half of club attendance, merchandise sales and sponsorship metrics.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Nailed on

Perth red you might as well change your username now I won’t that bet
A team based in port Moresby before 2027 that’s the bet, Tik tok.

I thought you said $25mill ayear? Now we’re down to $20mill apparently lol

LimeRick

Juniors
Those who think the only potential NRL fans in Perth are the east coast ex-pats obviously have no faith in the NRL being a fantastic product which can win the minds of a sports loving public.

Me on the other hand, I expect a Perth NRL team will gather a following which will immediately put them in the top half of club attendance, merchandise sales and sponsorship metrics.

Exactly right.

There are hundreds of thousands of people in Perth who aren't a fan of West Coast or Freo. And more importantly, people can like more than one sport.

The East Coast expats provide a good starting point, but give them a good product and plenty of locals will get on board too.

They won't be jostling for media coverage with 9.5 AFL teams either, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they grew bigger than the Storm.

Latest posts