What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Can you imagine sharing a club with goofs like that

then again Perth red hardly goes to league games in Perth so you should be safe
the irony coming from you lol. You coming over for the Swans game?

how about our bet, you ready to concede yet? - “We’re looking at an 18th team for 2027 or 2028. It won’t be 2026, it will be either 2027 or 2028, but that date we have to finalise.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Still some work going on re PNG sounds like:

V’landys stressed PNG has not been locked in as the NRL’s 18th team, enlisting ARL Commissioners Beattie and Jones to ensure a Pacific bid is robust.
“Peter Beattie and Kate Jones have been assisting with the Papua New Guinea bid with the government,” he said.
“Their expertise with government knowledge is invaluable so I asked them to assist in the process with the Federal government to see if we are going to go ahead with the PNG team.
“They have met with decision-makers high up within the Federal government.
“I’ve also spoken to the Prime Minister about the 18th team. That’s the level we’re at now, we’re at the highest levels.

Iamback

Coach
I do like the conciet that this forum has regarding new clubs.

It's like they have ignored the fact that the Melbourne Storm, NQ Cowboys, Brisbane Broncos and Newcastle Knights aren't some of the most well supported and highest rating clubs in the comp.

How exactly with Perth compare to any of them?

shewi6

Juniors
If that carrot was brought to Manly they'd gladly host a North Sydney game vs the Bears, their fanbase is not very far away, and it would guarantee a sell out
On what evidence? Wishful thinking. How is giving up a home game to their enemy to play in front of 10k in a park football ground that makes no money a 'carrot'?

If that was their mindset we would be seeing them play at least 3 games against rival clubs at the sfs already.

Wb1234

Referee
There you go - you know how to edit. Good boy. I was wondering when you would find the $70mil revenue - up by $14mil from the previous year.

For a moment I thought surely you couldn’t be that much of a dumbo that you couldn’t read a simple spread sheet. No, you can read a spread sheet but you’re still that dumbo.

As for what they put into a NSW Cup football club - it is what it is. So what are you trying to decipher here? Are you doubting they don’t have the cash flow to put into an NRL club should they get a license? You think they’re spending money to get a bid in because they’re bored?

You realise how much their asset in Tweed is worth alone? Did you read the part yesterday where I mentioned they are looking to expand?

Do you have the faintest clue how any of what I’m saying here works?

No you don’t. Because you’re a muppet.
What do they own In tweed heads ? I just sold a development site off there one we bought of twin towns

Centy Coast

Juniors
TBF thats because they have only just started!
Perth will start from day 1, but again that is my concern with a NS owned Perth bears. Will they be committed to developing the game in WA or just happy to rely on NS pathways?
I think it will come down to $$$ I think you will find that the Perth Bears want to initially have a strong roster, to be competitive from the get go.
They will still have North Sydney’s Harold Matthews, S.G.Ball, Jersey Flegg, NSW Cup (men) and Tarsha Gale, Lisa Fiaola Cup and Harvey Norman (women), I think after a few years they will start building up WA.
The earlier they do it though the better for the long term they will be.

Centy Coast

Juniors
"Anywhere Bears" Barr NSW is the objective, Perth is on the top of that hit list, why population and lack of presence, Nz and Vic already have teams, so Perth is the 1st on offer, this fails, next city...
It won’t be that easy, the Bears will pour money into this venture and they won’t want it to go down the drain.
Trust me if this goes belly up after a few years the Bears won’t have the money to start up again for quiet some time.
It is all or nothing this time around and WA are the benefactors.

Iamback

Coach
They're only doing that because Vlandys sent that them that way. He may think we need it but he hasn't even called for a bid or looked at the bid we'll come up with.

Because there are holes that even money can't fix in all the bids.

What is going to be more attractive for TV for one.

Bears with their history or a brand new franchise?

Remembering that a few times a year. Games will be 4pm or 6pm local Perth time when they play away.

There are other issues that have been discussed but it goes for all the new locations mentioned

Perth Red

Post Whore
He hasn't seen the bid. He's pre emting
You only have to read his views on suburban grounds and tribalism to see he's stuck in the NSWRL past. Im sure to him resurrecting the Bears sounds exciting, he loves the media spotlight and any mention of the Bears gets him in it with the Sydney media.

what he should be doing is looking at what will make Perth a strong NRl club for now and the future. Theres a lot of distrust of the Bears motives over here, hence why for me it has to be a new club called Perth Bears and owned by Perth people if it is to work and get buy in from the fans in WA.