What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Ashes Test: Australia v England @ Gabba Dec 8-12, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazal

Post Whore
Travis Head is a genuinely good cricketer. He's just gotta give himself more of a chance, leave the ball more and take that little bit more time. If he can't get his mental approach right and keeps slashing at wide shit he'll never be better than good though.

I still think he's a perfect option at 6 and we're better off using Green at 5.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Our batting is as frail as ever. We're on top because the poms have been embarrassingly bad. But for years now we have had world class bowlers, with excellent depth competing with them for spots. While our top 7...we haven't had 7 players I consider top level since the days of Hayden-Langer-Ponting-Martyn-Hussey-Clarke-Gilchrist.

We barely have 3 good bats now, let alone a full team with more knocking down the door in shield.

I find it fascinating that the T20 era has damaged test batting depth but not bowling depth. All the predictions were the opposite.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Surely we do everywe can to avoid having two DN tests. Broad and Anderson are going to absolutely slaughter us in those conditions

blaza88z

Coach
Our batting is as frail as ever. We're on top because the poms have been embarrassingly bad. But for years now we have had world class bowlers, with excellent depth competing with them for spots. While our top 7...we haven't had 7 players I consider top level since the days of Hayden-Langer-Ponting-Martyn-Hussey-Clarke-Gilchrist.

We barely have 3 good bats now, let alone a full team with more knocking down the door in shield.

I find it fascinating that the T20 era has damaged test batting depth but not bowling depth. All the predictions were the opposite.

It's not normal to have a top 7 of that quality mate

Most teams have 2 or 3 genuine gun batsman and the rest are trying to earn their stripes

Bazal

Post Whore
It's not normal to have a top 7 of that quality mate

Most teams have 2 or 3 genuine gun batsman and the rest are trying to earn their stripes

100% those years were freak years that we might never see again.

The reason we had such strength was because the Shield was so strong. T20 doesn't help, shit flat decks don't help, CA not caring as much about development doesn't help but the ultimate factor is that we've reverted to pretty normal talent distribution after an absolutely freakish decade or so of talent.

Those guys like Law and Love and North and whatnot made other players better when they played so much Shield. We haven't got that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts