What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st T20: New Zealand v Australia @ Wellington Feb 21, 2024

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Only one I remember was the first one, where our guys dressed like it was 1975, and Ponting showed he was the best there was at that point in time

That first game stands out for me infact it was 19 years ago the other day. Great uniforms first ever t20, McGrath has a cheeky attempt at an underarm ball only to be red carded by Billy Bowden lol.

Another one was in Perth probably a couple years later, someone got injured and they called a local cricketer in the crowd. I cant remember his name someone might know who he was, he got in trouble some years later.

Reactions: JJ

Bazal

Post Whore
That first game stands out for me infact it was 19 years ago the other day. Great uniforms first ever t20, McGrath has a cheeky attempt at an underarm ball only to be red carded by Billy Bowden lol.

Another one was in Perth probably a couple years later, someone got injured and they called a local cricketer in the crowd. I cant remember his name someone might know who he was, he got in trouble some years later.

Luke Pomersbach

Had talent, no brains

Pommer’s was a mad merkin. I’ve heard some excellent stories.
I remember Ryan Campbell used to cover the IPL for a few seasons when it started for ch 7(?). He said one of the teams needed to pick Pommersbach over Jayawardene.

I had a friend who wouldn’t let that suggestion go for 10 years. If you mentioned the IPL around him he just ranted about Campbell.

But yes. Talented player, lunatic off the field. Cricket’s Todd Carney.

bazza

Immortal
I remember Ryan Campbell used to cover the IPL for a few seasons when it started for ch 7(?). He said one of the teams needed to pick Pommersbach over Jayawardene.

I had a friend who wouldn’t let that suggestion go for 10 years. If you mentioned the IPL around him he just ranted about Campbell.

But yes. Talented player, lunatic off the field. Cricket’s Todd Carney.
Isn't Todd Carney rugby leagues' Jess Ryder?

yobbo84

First Grade
Stupid bowling change, trying to be too clever. Just let Starc do his thing while the ball is moving.