What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: Australia v West Indies @ Adelaide Oval Jan 17-19, 2024

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Reports are saying Smith will be the opener with Green to come in at 4. Its lucky we're playing the Windies.

Reactions: PJ

lockyno1

Post Whore
Apart from being the leading scorer in shield this year and last, isn't Bancroft also a very good slips and bat pad fielder?

Doesn't matter, he won't be picked.

so is Green and Renshaw. Both are very good slippers

Bazal

Post Whore
You’ve got to look at the runs Harris is not scoring guys. C’mon!

I don't even want to look at the runs he his scoring. In fact I don't want to look at him.

He looks like a garden gnome with a gigantic haemorrhoid for a head

There will be a bolter or two IMO. Often is.

He's probably not an option but look what a guy like Beau Webster has done? Pick a guy like that in form and confident and they can go places.

McSweeney looks good, his FC average isn't amazing but he's improving it and he's only 24. Importantly he plays the right kind of game IMO.

Ollie Davies could be anything. And I mean that literally, he could be an international star or a grade cricketer lol. But 23 years old, started his FC career with a bang, scores at a rate...no reason he hasn't got the potential for that 6 spot if Green is the all rounder at 4.

There are players around, the issue is CA has been super poor at identifying and managing them in recent years. They just have their go to guys and that's the end of it.
Not bad shouts at all there, quite like them tbh

Fangs

Coach
At the end of the day if it helps Steve Smith then its going to be great for the test team. Now the decision is made I hope he stays there for the NZ tour at a minimum. That will be 4 test matches as opener.

Two all-rounders will be a nice bonus as well.

Fangs

Coach
Oh and don't forget the selectors favourite, a left-hand/right-hand opening combination!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Cameron Bancroft is not the hard luck story those in perth will whinge about.

He may be slightly better then Harris but both are failures at test level and Bancroft shamed the Baggy Green.

I don't care how he may or may not have been coerced by warner or that to do what he did. He clearly wasn't strong or smart enough to stand up for himself in the moment. No matter how toxic the culture was at the time.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If Smiffy wants to open, who am I too argue, just glad they are investing in Green.

Are the Windies here? Will I know any of them?

Wizardman

First Grade
Cameron Bancroft is not the hard luck story those in perth will whinge about.

He may be slightly better then Harris but both are failures at test level and Bancroft shamed the Baggy Green.

I don't care how he may or may not have been coerced by warner or that to do what he did. He clearly wasn't strong or smart enough to stand up for himself in the moment. No matter how toxic the culture was at the time.
Using that logic, sack Steve Smith as well then.