What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.
It costs a lot more to drive 21km than it does 2.1km. Return journey makes it 42km as opposed to 4.2km.

Do the math, add to the fact ANZ is a clearly undesirable stadium and there's your issue.

Dragons average will go back up next year IMO, Cronulla will still be fluctuating wildly.

costs me alot to drive to the sharks. 300ks..im not doing the maths.

im going to be honest. im arguing for arguments sake.

dunno about next years crowds.

sharks will have no more noddy inside ball theory.

a new style of attack that brings points will bring the fans back.

perhaps a new marketing manager at the club would be better as well. theres bugger all advertising the sharks in the shire IMO. should be more done there.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
True, your attack has been flatter than Keira Knightley's chest for a few years.

Maybe it's our turn to lose interest :(

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Roosters vs Manly should get a good crowd. Kids under 16 free and the kids will also have the opportunity to enter the playing surface after the match.

dragondad

First Grade
I dont think they'll get 20k,when was the last time a Roosters home game got 20k.

Also Russell Crowe's Brand,you don't think Barrett will do any inside balls? :lol:

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Brissy v Cronulla: 25K
Eels v Cowboys: 12K
Raiders v Titans: 12K (depends on weather)
Panthers v WT: 18K
Warriors v Storm: 14K
Knights v Rabbits: 18K
Roosters v Sea Eagles: 10K
Dragons v Bulldogs: 12K

looking like a pretty ordinary round..

Chook Norris

First Grade
Brissy v Cronulla: 31k
Eels v Cowboys: 12k
Raiders v Titans: 12.5k
Panthers v WT: 16.5k
Warriors v Storm: 12k
Knights v Rabbits: 22.5k
Roosters v Sea Eagles: 15k
Dragons v Bulldogs: 14k

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Raiders are playing very entertaining football at the moment and will draw around 15k if the weather is good. Roosters and Manly should easily get more than 10k as well.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Brissy v Cronulla: 31k
Eels v Cowboys: 12k
Raiders v Titans: 12.5k
Panthers v WT: 16.5k
Warriors v Storm: 12k
Knights v Rabbits: 22.5k
Roosters v Sea Eagles: 15k
Dragons v Bulldogs: 14k

The way Brissy's playing & the fact Cronulla bring no away fans (apart from maybe 100 Masons), I'd be very happy with anything near 30K.

Also isn't Penrith/WT a western derby? Wouldn't that bring the crowd up a bit?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I live 25km from Lang Park, doesn't stop me being a Broncos STH

Given it's slightly cheaper to live in Brisbane and moreso given the fact that they have a ground that next year, once again will be just a few metres from the Leagues Club, it is a factor. Changing home grounds by 20km in Sydney is massively different to the urban sprawl that the Broncos have to look after.

Broncos vs Sharks - 31k
Eels v Cowboys: 11K
Raiders v Titans: 14K
Panthers v WT: 17K
Warriors v Storm: 12K
Knights v Rabbits: 18K
Roosters v Sea Eagles: 14K
Dragons v Bulldogs: 15K

Simo

First Grade
what sort of crowds did canberra pull in the early/mid 90's hey days??

They play spme very entertaining footy right now and a nice day would hopefully see crowds up past 15k.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Given it's slightly cheaper to live in Brisbane and moreso given the fact that they have a ground that next year, once again will be just a few metres from the Leagues Club, it is a factor. Changing home grounds by 20km in Sydney is massively different to the urban sprawl that the Broncos have to look after.

Even if that was true I'm a uni student so that first bit's irrelevant :lol:

Are we talking about St George or Brissy?

I think you greatly overestimate Brisbane's public transport and infrastructure

shear_joy9

Coach
It's a shame that the past two Canberra home games have had bad weather. Both could have drawn close to 20k.

Not sure about the titans game, probably 12-14k.
Though I can't remember the last 5:30 sat kickoff canberra had.

Ice777

Bench
sh*tty day down here today and it'll only get worse tonight. It's 10 degrees atm so who knows what it'll get down to. Either way i'll be doubling up on the clothes tonight.

It sort of puts it into a bit of perspective when Dally called yesterday's 17 degrees in Sydney "pretty cold" considering what Canberra played in yesterday and what it'll be tonight.

But then again Dally and perspective should never be used in the the same sentence.

t-ba

Post Whore
Even if that was true I'm a uni student so that first bit's irrelevant :lol:

Are we talking about St George or Brissy?

I think you greatly overestimate Brisbane's public transport and infrastructure

I lived in Willoughby/Naremburn for most of my life and Logan for nearly two years. I'm telling you now it was easier to get into Brisbane City from Logan using both a car and public transport than it ever was from Willoughby/Naremburn, despite the fact one was about 6km outside the city and the other was 20km outside.

Sydney is a nightmare from the point of view of trying to travel anywhere.

dogz08

First Grade
Broncos vs Sharks - 35k
Eels v Cowboys - 9K
Raiders v Titans - 13K
Panthers v WT - 14K
Warriors v Storm - 13K
Knights v Rabbits - 17K
Roosters v Sea Eagles - 11K
Dragons v Bulldogs - 16K

Status
Not open for further replies.