What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuckMel

Bench
It was our first crowd under 10k for the year. Weather, Monday night etc.. didn't help. Of course I criticise NSW supporters for using the weather as an excuse but it was bad here.

Generally our crowds have been good this season all things (sh*t stadium) considered.

I think we should applaud anyone who went to Odumpic Park last night.

Dasher39

Juniors
I think we should applaud anyone who went to Odumpic Park last night.
Bloody oath.

Coldest and wettest night at the Graveyard for some time. Would have been no more than 6-7C and at times during the game it was pissing down rain.

I think 9335 is a pretty good crowd all things considered!

Digga Hole

Juniors
What kind of cover will the new bubble stadium offer? How would the weather from last night affect a crowd at that stadium?

This:

Melbourne_Rectagular_Stadium-521x290.jpg

Will be a hell of a lot more comfortable on a cold rainy night than this (bottom left of shot, although it is impossible to put an exact number of people to it):

2277077980_4313c54901_b.jpg

the crowd last night would have dropped with the rain that came down all morning. People who work in the city would have no doubt made the decision not to go to the game at that stage.
Then during the day, it looked ok. Cold, but looked like it might stay dry, but then we got more rain in the lead up to kick off and again throughout the game.
Having said that, it was the best atmosphere at a Storm game this year I reckon. Loved it! We needed something to fire the crowd up, and the tight contest, coupled with a sh*t ref and a bit of biff did that!

Calixte

First Grade
Yeah DM etc.

Princes Park hosted the second Test of 1992 when the Poms gave us a flogging in Melbourne. Pretty much full house of well over 30,000, around 8,000 or so Poms by that stage of the tour and plenty of singing of "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life"...

Schofield was superb, Offiah blistering and Australia disappointing.

Knightmare

Coach
I agree with you Penrith fans are pathetic. We have excellent crowds when we are winning though.

Ive never understood that. Penrith is one of the biggest League nursries in the middle of a blue collar area and yet their crowds are most often small and quiet. It's a mystery even to me...

Frailty

First Grade
Ive never understood that. Penrith is one of the biggest League nursries in the middle of a blue collar area and yet their crowds are most often small and quiet. It's a mystery even to me...

They'd all rather hang out at the Plaza...

Seriously though, the prices would have a bit to do with it, particularly for families in the area.

Angry_eel

First Grade
They'd all rather hang out at the Plaza...

Seriously though, the prices would have a bit to do with it, particularly for families in the area.
does it? i didn't think so. Penrith is pretty cheap and easy to get in.

:lol: im not sure about other areas but atleast the GA is like buying stuff from a 2 dollar shop. its like a checkout, you go in give them the money ch ching and you're in. The first time i got confused i thought i was supposed to get a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts