What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.
And apparently it was a good day before the game, so no excuses (except for the pope ?)...

Cronulla have to be the first team out of Sydney, don't they?

not that it should happen but cronulla and the roosters are clearly the worst crowd wise.

with the new GS at toyota and their form, their crowds are pathetic.

the roosters at least are pushing ST and maybe next year theyve said theyll aim for 10,000.

im not really fussed at crowds today, more that clubs are doing something to grow them.

the roosters seem to be, cronulla arent.

And turn away 6,000 fans like today?

Plus playing at ANZ means they're getting money regardless and there is always going to be room for growth.

I don't get this "Let's cram 16,000 people into a stadium just because it looks better on TV" crap.

And yes, I know you're a troll.

i used to think that about him, but the guy does appear to like league as well.

he certainly watches the nrl and knows a bit about it, and he lives in england.

Teddyboy

First Grade
ignoring your posts about league and union merging - which i have - theres been enough posts to tell you actually have a fair idea about the nrl.

Well everyones different i think the same about your posts on Sydneys 8.5 clubs don't need changing but at the end of the day we all like League hence thats why i joined LU.I do like Union as well like some people on here like Soccer(which i hate) but each to there own.
But following League is like having a bird u have up's and down and i just can not get the NRL out of my system and i just love recording Setantas games with a few beers and wishing i was at the game.

Well everyones different i think the same about your posts on Sydneys 8.5 clubs don't need changing but at the end of the day we all like League hence thats why i joined LU.I do like Union as well like some people on here like Soccer(which i hate) but each to there own.
But following League is like having a bird u have up's and down and i just can not get the NRL out of my system and i just love recording Setantas games with a few beers and wishing i was at the game.

good to hear

sharks crowd was bad.

but we got pasted last week. would have turned 4k away at least.

the other 4k is an issue.

one thing i will say is this. We the sharks fans are f**king loyal. you have to be to support a team that has won nothing...and has not much chance this year even though we are top 4. lets be realistic. theres really 2 teams in this that can win.

but when the club does things like take the presentation away from the general fan and stick it in the "exclusive members only" part of the new stand....

its a bit sh*t.

we will get 20k vs the dragons.

sharks crowd was bad.

but we got pasted last week. would have turned 4k away at least.

the other 4k is an issue.

one thing i will say is this. We the sharks fans are f**king loyal. you have to be to support a team that has won nothing...and has not much chance this year even though we are top 4. lets be realistic. theres really 2 teams in this that can win.

but when the club does things like take the presentation away from the general fan and stick it in the "exclusive members only" part of the new stand....

its a bit sh*t.

we will get 20k vs the dragons.

what a load of BS.

souths havent won a comp for a similar time as cronulla entered the comp.

indeed souths were averaging 10,000 - 11,000 with a side coming last.

cronulla are right up the top and only getting 13,000 or so.

the clubs crowds are a disgrace. using a loss to explain a poor crowd ignores the sydney clubs who are having worse seasons and getting better.

and relying upon saints to fill your ground is not a thing to brag about

Knightmare

Coach
Are the Sharks promoted much down in the Shire? I think it's all down to this factor regarding team's home crowds. The Sharks are a team who could build up a strong local identity, based on their geographical situation. Building up local awareness of the team and when its' games are on would, in turn, draw higher crowds to Toyota Park.

Love or hate them, if you live in Brisbane it's very easy to tell whether the Broncos are at home that weekend or not- they have ads for it on the TV a fair bit and they promote themselves well. I don't know if that's the only thing that's changed, but remember that when they played at ANZ, they were only averaging 20k.

must be more in the shire to do than go to a league game on a saturday night?

Northies looks a happening spot for the care free hobbit.

also. perhaps the saturday night games in the shire are over. we got 17k to each sunday arvo game in the sun. you cant do the same thing for 10 years with a lesser squad and expect the same results.

if i wasnt such a rabid fan i would have been at northies.

also. we play a uniquely low scoring game. not much entertainment for the fair weather fans. we have played crap, boring football since 03 (funny that) and only now that stuart has turned our defense into an iron curtain that we win.

as for marketed..

not much is done if you ask me.

theres a few poster around...maybe.

Only because us Saints fans will turn up,deadset last year when there was 20k on Easter Monday,it was 60/40 . not bad for an away crowd.

not a far trip though.

in any case.

ill be there from canberra. so if your in your house at Carringbah and not there. FFS. give me your house.

ali

Bench
The Sharks may be winning, but from what I am seeing from a far, we are playing bloody boring football. Our fans are quite fickle though, I can imagine quite a few walked away after last week thinking another year where it's not gonna happen.

I think given our position on the ladder and the derby factor, I expect we'll pack the joint out for Saints. This game attracts a lot of neutrals also, given the fact that every group of mates in the Shire would have some Saints fans.

taipan

Referee
Lets not get carried away about only having 10,000 at the Sharks v Newcastle game.
1) The harbour bridge and the CBD and surrounding areas was shut down due to a certain event.
2) There were next to no Newcastle supporters there.
3) getting walloped the previous week did the club no favours.I know of at least 5 people who didnt go because of that.I also know of 2 who attended the event thing.
4)They will crack at least 19,000 aginst Saints.
5) If Penrtih v Parramatta(neighbours) in rl heartland can only get 13-14,000 at parra stadium with no transport worries,I am not jumping off the gap for the sharks crowd .

Teddyboy

First Grade
Lets not get carried away about only having 10,000 at the Sharks v Newcastle game.
1) The harbour bridge and the CBD and surrounding areas was shut down due to a certain event.
2) There were next to no Newcastle supporters there.
3) getting walloped the previous week did the club no favours.I know of at least 5 people who didnt go because of that.I also know of 2 who attended the event thing.
4)They will crack at least 19,000 aginst Saints.
5) If Penrtih v Parramatta(neighbours) in rl heartland can only get 13-14,000 at parra stadium with no transport worries,I am not jumping off the gap for the sharks crowd .

Maybe you and your 7 Cronulla mates should just jump off into a crowd of Sharks.

bobmar28

Bench
If it was a case of one team being forced to move, it would have to be Cronulla. Their crap now and they have virtually no room to grow.

Having said that, its unlikely that any team will be forced to move, only if its the club's decision.

Merge with Roosters.

bobmar28

Bench
not that it should happen but cronulla and the roosters are clearly the worst crowd wise.

with the new GS at toyota and their form, their crowds are pathetic.

the roosters at least are pushing ST and maybe next year theyve said theyll aim for 10,000.

im not really fussed at crowds today, more that clubs are doing something to grow them.

the roosters seem to be, cronulla arent.

After 100 years in the comp the Roosters are aiming for crowds of 10,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts