What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Penrith crowds have always been poor barring a couple of exceptional years. With their position on the outskirts of suburbia, semi decent ground and levels of interest in RL in the area they should be the Newcastle of the west crowds wise. Too much earnings going in pokies and not enough on game tickets maybe?

Panther_Daz

Staff member
We had the highest average Sydney crowds in 2000 i believe when we came 4th. Excellent crowds in 03 and 04 when we made the Finals as well. Other than that we get poor crowds due to the large bangwagon crowd not attending when we aren't winning.

Seriously with the population of Penrith at the moment we should be averaging over 15k a match. With games against the Eels,Tigers and Dogs being sell-outs.

bazza

Immortal
Ive never understood that. Penrith is one of the biggest League nursries in the middle of a blue collar area and yet their crowds are most often small and quiet. It's a mystery even to me...

My guess is that alot of the people that moved to the area recently have allegences to other teams e.g. Parramatta, Roosters, Souths, Saint George - especially if their dad/mum supports that team

People who are born and bred in the area for generations would only be about half the population.

Knightmare

Coach
They'd all rather hang out at the Plaza...

Seriously though, the prices would have a bit to do with it, particularly for families in the area.

I don't remember what the full price was, but for me the other week G/A concession was $10. And only $4.50 for a cup of Tooheys New, so no complaints from me.

GCR

Juniors
It has the atmosphere of a park football game. How embarrassing. These under-performing Sydney teams need to either improve their crowds and revenue, or sink down to the NSW Cup. And I can't see Parra increasing their crowds on a regular basis.

vlad

juniors
official crowd @ parra = 7253

they must have counted the bar staff and the players as well

Steyger

Juniors
Great shot of the sporting hub of melbourne there. The "G" is magnificent as always. Went to an AwFuL game there 4-5 months ago there (Collingwood V Geelong), 80k. It was very, very intense. If only the "greatest game of all" garnished the same intersest in Sydney town (& i say this as i was born in St Margeret's north).............

Great shot of the sporting hub of melbourne there. The "G" is magnificent as always. Went to an AwFuL game there 4-5 months ago there (Collingwood V Geelong), 80k. It was very, very intense. If only the "greatest game of all" garnished the same intersest in Sydney town (& i say this as i was born in St Margeret's north).............

:lol:

gold mate.

AFL intense.

you should be doing stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts