What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
Pretty poor crowd for the Broncos IMO. The Sharks supporters certainly pulled their weight and it was great to see so many opposition supporters.

OVP

Coach
Sydney is a disgrace ... start merging or relocating now

Oink !

27000 for a 1 team city, against a top 4 team, is quite frankly disgraceful. The way you lot moan and whinge about crowds in Sydney, you'd think that cesspit would be packed to the rafters every week. We've got a little thing called competition here in Sydney, you dope lol. What the hell is your excuse ?

bartman

Immortal
So did we (Parra) win the porrest crowd of the season so far? :D

I'd be disappointed if we didn't after that - would be quite appropriate for the poorest crowd of the year to have watched the porrest game of the year.

There were about a dozen season ticket holders near me that I noticed had chosen not to come, presumably based on teh porr form of the previous month, and the dire brand of footy being dealt up.

JW

Coach
Pretty poor crowd for the Broncos IMO. The Sharks supporters certainly pulled their weight and it was great to see so many opposition supporters.

By our current standards, it is below par. Having said that though, it is the highest regular season crowd we've had against the Sharks since 1995.

So did we (Parra) win the porrest crowd of the season so far? :D

I'd be disappointed if we didn't after that - would be quite appropriate for the poorest crowd of the year to have watched the porrest game of the year.

There were about a dozen season ticket holders near me that I noticed had chosen not to come, presumably based on teh porr form of the previous month, and the dire brand of footy being dealt up.

no saints got a crowd somewhere in the 6000s vs storm at telstra

dragondad

First Grade

You wait till Saints play up there in a few weeks,a whole bay and a half full of us going up.

Kiki

First Grade
christ i am so sick of brisbane people giving us a hard time. as OVP said you guys have ONE TEAM. also a blanketing monoculture where going to the footy is a huge event makes it easier to get consistently big crowds.

OVP

Coach
christ i am so sick of brisbane people giving us a hard time. as OVP said you guys have ONE TEAM. also a blanketing monoculture where going to the footy is a huge event makes it easier to get consistently big crowds.

dont forget the blanket coverage of News Ltd propaganda. The Courier Mail has no competition. Just like their only team. The Broncos worked hard to keep it that way, and monopolies are what News Ltd love :)

Kiki

First Grade
and i would assume sydney has much more ethnic/cultural diversity than Brisbane, therefore a lower percentage of people growing up and watching league. obviously league fans are diverse but i still think a large chunk of us are pretty anglo.

btw if someone can quote me statistics to prove otherwise ill happily accept im wrong!

Big Pete

Referee
You wait till Saints play up there in a few weeks,a whole bay and a half full of us going up.

I for one can't wait for it. I've always had a lot of time for Dragons supporters ever since I attended the 2006 Prelim (Dragons/Storm) where your mob was outclassed on the day. Even when the Dragons were down, your supporters weren't and continued yelling/singing/having as much fun as possible, even with Storm supporters. Suffice to say I was won over by your lot and consider them the best supporters bar none.

I'm also getting sick of this custom where Brisbane supporters give sh*t to Sydney dwellars over poor crowds. 30K for us is only acceptable and if we were able to brag I wouldn't until we have crowds of 45K+ week in week out. Even with that said why would you go out of the way to bag out other supporters on here who go through the exact same customs (if not even harder customs) to watch the same game you love Rugby League? It just sounds weird to me.

With that said it's a shame to see such a hopeless figure for a first grade game but honestly instead of stating the obvious - "lol it's sh*t". How about the brains trust here think of something and try and make a difference.

Kiki

First Grade
I for one can't wait for it. I've always had a lot of time for Dragons supporters ever since I attended the 2006 Prelim (Dragons/Storm) where your mob was outclassed on the day. Even when the Dragons were down, your supporters weren't and continued yelling/singing/having as much fun as possible, even with Storm supporters. Suffice to say I was won over by your lot and consider them the best supporters bar none.

I'm also getting sick of this custom where Brisbane supporters give sh*t to Sydney dwellars over poor crowds. 30K for us is only acceptable and if we were able to brag I wouldn't until we have crowds of 45K+ week in week out. Even with that said why would you go out of the way to bag out other supporters on here who go through the exact same customs (if not even harder customs) to watch the same game you love Rugby League? It just sounds weird to me.

With that said it's a shame to see such a hopeless figure for a first grade game but honestly instead of stating the obvious - "lol it's sh*t". How about the brains trust here think of something and try and make a difference.

well said big pete. i dont get why some brisbane people revel in sydneys apparent 'failure' to support the game. we ALL need to work together to keep the game at its best, denegrating other supporters does nothing to help that.

yeh dragons v broncos are always awesome matches, cant wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts