What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from DailyM who is a harmless fantasist most on here agree with you. I certainly do.

Soccer is the world's No.1 sport but they were clever enough to learn from Notth America when coming up with the Euro Champions League which is in effect a delayed post season for top 4 finishing clubs in italy, Spain and England.

we need the same vision and AFL is a superb example of what is possible in Australia.

Realistically an aim of an average of 20,000 across the 9 Sydney clubs adn 25,000 in the one club towns with an overall average over 22,000 ought to be achievable in the next decade if we cop on to ourselves.....mind you Origin will have to be reduced to one game per annum and be taken away form mid season since it is seriously damaging attendances and only exists to try to show that we can equal Carlton V Collingwood - which we are miles away from.

yes ron mcauliffe only pushed the idea of origin because RL had nothing to compete with collingwood and carlton.

:lol:

other than those idiotic comments, the rest of that post isnt too bad.

within a decade id say sydney clubs should be averaging 25,000 myself with the dogs, tigers and souths at the top of that, and the smaller clubs at 18,000 - 20,000.

the broncos should top 40,000 one day, and i cant see much growth in either the titans or cowboys crowds given stadium constraints.

the storm should get to 20,000 in their new ground, expect of course when collingwood play carlton

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
mind you Origin will have to be reduced to one game per annum and be taken away form mid season since it is seriously damaging attendances and only exists to try to show that we can equal Carlton V Collingwood - which we are miles away from.
The rest of your post is fine but this segment is possibly the most geniused thing I've ever read.

Serc

First Grade
Just got an sms from a mate who is at the game tonight...says it looks like there is 2k there as at 6:45pm...

Serc

First Grade
Just had a follow up to say that it looks like 6k at 7:30pm...anyway we'll see what the final tally is.

brad_19

Juniors
Looks like an awful crowd at ANZ!! Obviously a lot of factors keeping the Dogs fans away, but would be nice to see a few more Sainters in the house! I know it's a GF, but the footy is going to get beaten by the netball tonight in Sydney by a considerable margin:oops:

JW

Coach
6,000 give or take looks to be on the money, though its generally a bit hard to tell when alot of punters are finding cover. Still a surprisingly appaling crowd though. All things considered I thought at least 10,000 should've been gettable.

Brutus

Referee
Looks like an awful crowd at ANZ!! Obviously a lot of factors keeping the Dogs fans away, but would be nice to see a few more Sainters in the house! I know it's a GF, but the footy is going to get beaten by the netball tonight in Sydney by a considerable margin:oops:

And won't the Daily Telegraph be all over that.

The owners of our game pfft..

Knight87

Juniors
12k at the netball... pretty crap crowd for a GF... I thought they were expecting a much bigger crowd.

Hey, their 12k is more than our paltry 7,802. And it's Netball for goodness sake!!! Looks like their higher exposure into the media via their sport now on Foxtel (I'm talking about Netball) seems to have done it some wonders.

If everything had gone to plan and there was no controversy and both sides were going well, this Dragons/Bulldogs match had the potential to get a minimum of 20-25,000, even on a Monday Night.

Hey, their 12k is more than our paltry 7,802. And it's Netball for goodness sake!!! Looks like their higher exposure into the media via their sport now on Foxtel (I'm talking about Netball) seems to have done it some wonders.

If everything had gone to plan and there was no controversy and both sides were going well, this Dragons/Bulldogs match had the potential to get a minimum of 20,000, even on a Monday Night.

the fact its under cover would help.

ive got season tickets, live 10 mins from the ground and couldnt be bothered going to the league

Red Bear

Referee
And Sydney clubs arent dying :lol:
a freezing cold wet and windy night, involving the Dogs who are 15h and have just lost Sonny Dill, on a monday night
Should still have got more but still not too surprising.

Anyway, you were a supporter of a sydney club for a while werent you? WHat happened there?
Not racist enough for you, or just not going well enough.
f**k off NK Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts