What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Tank

Bench
Hey, their 12k is more than our paltry 7,802. And it's Netball for goodness sake!!! Looks like their higher exposure into the media via their sport now on Foxtel (I'm talking about Netball) seems to have done it some wonders.

Oh, don't get me wrong, it's still a great attendance for netball. Just not as big as some had claimed it would be. Good stuff though, can't support the Swifts though - should be light blue and dark blue - NSW colours not red.

camsmith

Juniors
so the answer to my question as to what crowds AFL gets for its origin would be ZERO.

thanks.

To a hybrid game with no rivalry and with some of the best players out injured the AFL got something like 70,000 to a game.

Lets separate representative football from club football... the NRL gets sh*t all to games in NSW for club football.

ozjet1

7,802 is a f**king disgrace. mind you, why would you head out when its broadcast into living rooms and pubs in sydney as it happens.

the NRL is basically televised park footy in a stadium.

i dont want to hear BS about the weather either. as an example, the greater Green Bay area in Wisconsin USA has a population of about 280,000......and average temp during the final games of the regular season of -6C degrees, yet they sell out the 72,000 seat Lambeau Field withour fail. and why???? because if you want to watch the game, you go to the game.

ByRd

First Grade
I was out at the game and thought that there were no more then 6k there and i was actually quite surprised by the dogs turn out, more then i expected and we were pretty vocal even til the last minute, it was disappointing by Dragon fans, not alot of them there and this is a team fighting in the 8

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought Gallop said earlier in the day that Monday night football had been a great success? For who exactly?

When Sydney clubs go under I don't want to hear any whinging from soft co*k fans who don't go to games because it's raining!

fanatique

Juniors
7,802 is a f**king disgrace. mind you, why would you head out when its broadcast into living rooms and pubs in sydney as it happens.

the NRL is basically televised park footy in a stadium.

i dont want to hear BS about the weather either. as an example, the greater Green Bay area in Wisconsin USA has a population of about 280,000......and average temp during the final games of the regular season of -6C degrees, yet they sell out the 72,000 seat Lambeau Field withour fail. and why???? because if you want to watch the game, you go to the game.

Spot on. The laughable list of excuses we wheel out for low attendances is a sad joke. As you say there were fewer than 8,000 at the game because fewer than 8,000 wanted to go. it really is as simple as that.

we have guys on here dredging around trying to get examples of double counted regionals pushing us ahead of AFL in ratings and ignoring that the fact that the whole game is set up for television is the bloody problem.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Well SBW will be playing in front of 11000 fans packed into a nice small stadium overlooking the sea much better then playing in front of 11000 fans in a 83000 ground.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Instead of of the usual bagging i hand out to sydney for its woeful crowds i think i might change my tune and congratulate the 7k who turned up.

In fact Gallop should be at the exit of the stadium shaking everyones hand personally. Should only take him 10 minutes...

dogz08

First Grade
sea eagles v panthers -17.000
storm v titans-10.000
sharks v dragons-18.000 *should be full*
cowboys v roosters-14.000
rabbits v warriors-10.000
tigers v bulldogs-12.000
broncos v raiders-31.000
knights v Eels- 24.000

next weeks crowds

Knight87

Juniors
Knights/Eels would've had the potential to draw 24,000, had the match not been on a Monday Night. I think anything between 15-20,000 would be a good crowd attendance for this match.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
sea eagles v panthers -17.000
storm v titans-10.000
sharks v dragons-18.000 *should be full*
cowboys v roosters-14.000
rabbits v warriors-10.000
tigers v bulldogs-12.000
broncos v raiders-31.000
knights v Eels- 24.000

next weeks crowds

80% of the people at the game with be travelling dragons fans.

my tips

sea eagles v panthers - 16k
storm v titans - 14k at the dump
sharks v dragons - 18k
cows v rorters - 16k
rabbitohs v warriors - 3 men and a dog
tigers v dogs - 20k
broncos v raiders - 32k
knights v eels - 18k

Red Bear

Referee
sea eagles v panthers -17 000