What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW

Coach
15,000 @ Brookvale
11,000 @ Olympic
18,000 @ Toyota
16,000 @ Dairy Farmers
9,000 @ ANZ (Bunnies/Warriors)
12,000 @ ANZ (Tigers/Dogs)
28,000 @ Suncorp
17,000 @ EAS

Average - 15,750

fanatique

Juniors
Sea Aagles will beat Panthers before 16,000
Sharks will beat Dragons beofre 17,000
Tigers will beat Bulldogs before 14,000.

Ice777

Bench
I'm not holding out much hope for a great crowd down here tonight given there'll be anything from 60-80k across the road at the G for Collingwood v Hawthorn. It's also only 10 degrees here atm and been raining so that won't help either. If we can get 10k or more i'll be happy with that.

elbusto

Coach
Once again the Sydney team's make a strong case to not be kicked out of the comp... :roll:
was it snowing or something - what is the excuse for such a pathetic crowd this time? I will swear to God its getting harder and harder to defend the game - its getting depressing.:crazy::crazy:

bazza

Immortal
was it snowing or something - what is the excuse for such a pathetic crowd this time? I will swear to God its getting harder and harder to defend the game - its getting depressing.:crazy::crazy:

The weather conditions were not perfect for sitting on the dirt hill

I guess that most of the season ticket holders turned up though. How many do Manly have?

Butters

Bench
The weather conditions were not perfect for sitting on the dirt hill

I guess that most of the season ticket holders turned up though. How many do Manly have?

Ah the hill that all the die hard fans insist every RL ground have. And yet when conditions aren't perfect for the game they can't be f**ked to rock up to the hill they demand.

mrbishi

Juniors
it was pissing down ran at 6ish, the temp on the northern beaches was 9.4c not to mention the wind was like ice!

next week the full house sign will be up

alexc

you'd f**ken swear it must cyclonic winds down in sydney every weekend from march till september...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
you'd f**ken swear it must cyclonic winds down in sydney every weekend from march till september...

Sweeping statements are easy to make from up in the clouds, aren't they?

camsmith

Juniors
I'm not holding out much hope for a great crowd down here tonight given there'll be anything from 60-80k across the road at the G for Collingwood v Hawthorn. It's also only 10 degrees here atm and been raining so that won't help either. If we can get 10k or more i'll be happy with that.

Yep, I was hoping for just over 10,000 but happy enough with that crowd, especially putting it against the pathetic Manly one and the fact there was a blockbuster AFL game across the road.

The last 3 Storm home and away games have been shockers with the weather.. im just happy the rain held off tonight.

VictoryFC

Bench
Yep, I was hoping for just over 10,000 but happy enough with that crowd, especially putting it against the pathetic Manly one and the fact there was a blockbuster AFL game across the road.

The last 3 Storm home and away games have been shockers with the weather.. im just happy the rain held off tonight.

The weather took its toll on the AFL aswell. 70k+ expected, crowd of 58,000 in the end

bazza

Immortal
it was pissing down ran at 6ish, the temp on the northern beaches was 9.4c not to mention the wind was like ice!

next week the full house sign will be up

Perhaps teams should have grounds that protect people attending from these common weather conditions.
Such things could include seats instead of dirt hills and covered stands

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Perhaps teams should have grounds that protect people attending from these common weather conditions.
Such things could include seats instead of dirt hills and covered stands

How hard would it be to install some big tent cover thingos à l'Adelaide oval over the top of the hill, maybe even retractable?

800px-Adelaide_Oval_2006-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts